Flickering Meshes Fix (by nicola89b and gururaj20000)

DoubleYou

33 minutes ago, z929669 said:

FMF 'fixes' certain meshes in vanilla or provided by other mods, so Riften Architectural Details is a mod for which FMF presumably replaces some meshes. We don't use it, so it stays unticked.

It's currently ticked in the 2.1.0 guide.  So it shouldn't be ticked?

image.thumb.png.6defdd74c49ff57a58b93e4e49dcf37b.png

50 minutes ago, z929669 said:

FMF 'fixes' certain meshes in vanilla or provided by other mods, so Riften Architectural Details is a mod for which FMF presumably replaces some meshes. We don't use it, so it stays unticked.

Yeah, I ticked it. It seems it only includes a couple of the meshes from that mod so it might be one to consider so that all the buildings are fixed. I'm not sure how it conflicts with the rest of our Guide, which is why I haven't suggested it yet. 

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I ticked it. It seems it only includes a couple of the meshes from that mod so it might be one to consider so that all the buildings are fixed. I'm not sure how it conflicts with the rest of our Guide, which is why I haven't suggested it yet. 

We don't want that ticked, since we aren't using that mod. This mod provides these two meshes already for vanilla, and these are variants for RAD

image.png

FMF provides both of these meshes for our setup without ticking this option.

Looking further, these two meshes overwrite ELFX - Exteriors Fixes last in a whole chain, so I can't see any reason why we would choose this mod's RAD versions over the ELFX - Exteriors Fixes (vanilla) versions provided also by this mod as a compatibility option that you ticked:

image.png

OMG

Looking FURTHER, it looks like a mess in the FOMOD. Ticking ELFX - Exteriors Fixes (which is auto-ticked if we had that mod's plugin active) installs Pfuscher's non-parallax versions. Not ticking that option give this mod's non-parallax version. Riften is covered by this mod any way you choose it unless you select 'None' for Riften (which we do not)

So it's ridiculously complicated. Either this MA made a mistake in the FOMOD or recommends Pfuscher's version over his if running ELFX Exteriors, so that one should probably be ticked for us (because I don't want to micromanage every MAs choices and FOMODs ... life is too short)

Instructions are updated in accordance with the MAs recommendations for what we are running (except for SMIM, which we don't need):

• ELFX - Exteriors.esp (we use the meshes but hide this plugin, so we should tick the option to get the MAs recommended meshes)
  • Riften Architectural Details (this mod has no plugin, so the MA recommends it only if using that mod, which we don't, so this remains un-ticked)

• 1 month later...

Small update on Nexus today.

• Version 2.1

• - SOLITUDE
      Updated solitudebade.nif for a missed (vanilla) vertex color. Thanks to WiZkiD for the correct nif)
      Updated scastle.nif for horrible (unfixed in any mods) UV map on windows. Thanks to WiZkiD for the correct nif.