Terrain Bump - Texture Pack (by SparrowPrince)

z929669

Must be a problem with the order. Does anyone remember? I seem to recall Terrain Bump being before Real Ice (in the conflicting graphics section).

JareX to fix it move it before Real Ice and after Point the Way in your load order.

When I look at the mod in Mod Organizer, the only textures it overwrites are from Skyrim-textures, SRO, Serious HD, and a few textures from HQ Snow and 1 from Skyrim Flora Overhaul.

EDIT and one texture from Real Ice that overwrites Terrain Bump.

Must be a problem with the order. Does anyone remember? I seem to recall Terrain Bump being before Real Ice (in the conflicting graphics section).

JareX to fix it move it before Real Ice and after Point the Way in your load order.

Yeah, that indeed fixed the problem, thanks.

I think this should be fixed on the STEP guide. If it weren't for this forum I would never figured out that I had to move it before real Ice

But, tbh, I don't really see the point of this mod, I don't think it makes mountains or terrain look better, it just makes it more wrinkled.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So no one noticed I did a really lazy update which I never even tested on this? Not forgetting the fact I destroyed all the main image files on Nexus. What a champion of quality I am! 

I've been ignoring mod updates lately... I generally wait a few days for authors to fix the bugs :thumbsup:

What does this mean? I didn't want to bore another person by telling them how ill I was so "lazy" was used. I tested it out of the game even though I felt like crap, but there will be no edits unless I get feedback. I don't agree with this way of thinking as it helps no one but yourself. I usually test my ass off, but sometimes things can slip through. Without help it will remain that way and USKP is testament to this. I was trying to help unless documentation needed updating or something. I didn't have to listen to feedback here and reduce the icicles and mountains, but I did.

Don't apologize! I'm still getting over my virus so excuse me if I misread your comnent. I was just letting someone know as I thought some documentation may be updated when the next version comes around. I made the mod one file option, instead of two, and updated 3 textures. It's not urgent, I was just trying to help. I then thought you were making a quip about my lack of testing, but I should have said I could only manage testing it outside the game due to said illness. I was then saying and rambling about how testing a mod is a good thing for everyone (if you have time).  Sorry from ne!   ::):

Edited by Guest

Terrain Bump has been brought up in the Bug Report thread as having some issues again, similar to the issues we had with the mountain slabs. The user and I go back and forth for a bit and I ended it with a promise to look into the issue. In a nutshell, the issue brought up was that normals from Terrain Bump do not match the textures from the mods that it overwrites. Same issue we had with the mountain slabs that lead it to looking very bad in-game and eventually ended with the those normals being hidden.

Long story short, the user was right. There are several normals in Terrain Bump that we shouldn't be using because they do not match up to the texture that is being provided. This would result in oddities in-game if a close enough look were to be given to the areas affected. I've just started but thus far I have 7 listed normals that I will be recommending we hide. Since at least one conflict is a from a texture which SRO is providing, I plan on going through the entire list of conflicts to determine if the normals match the textures or not.

I will post back with my finding later this evening.

After comparing each texture to the normals, there are in fact only 9 normals in Terrian Bump that match the textures and, thus, not an issue. That is only 9 normals out of 57 that can be used without any issues. True that this might not be very noticeable in-game, but it will inevitably make a difference. Especially now that the knowledge is out there because users will be looking for it now. Unless Sparrow has plans to make a SRO compatible version, I'm going to recommend we simply drop this one.