Terrain Bump - Texture Pack (by SparrowPrince)

z929669

Mod isn't listed on the nexus.

ErrorThe site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...Mod not found

Then why is there a Nexus link.
Because it did work at one point.  I'm not sure why the mod's been pulled down, I guess we'll have to wait and hear from SparrowPrince.

I urge someone to find out what happened' date=' that mod has a big impact on landscape quality, i can't tolerate to remove it from STEP.[/quote']

Sent a message to SparrowPrince on the Nexus, will post the reply.

He removed it:

(...) it was because I couldn't take it further due to the lighting engine in this game. It might be coming back, but in another form.

Even if that is so and he couldn't improve upon it, he could have at least left it up for others (including STEP) to use. I just happened to have already downloaded it.

He sent me this reply:

Hi Farlo. :) Yeah three reasons:

1. I don't really have time to work on it really.

2. I spent quite a few hours re-doing it last night and increasing the detail.

Got it in the game and it was somehow too strong. If I tone it down it would hardly be noticeable. Can't win and annoying.

3. The new details are only noticeable during around 6 day-hours anyway.

These are the reasons I took it down. If I were to do something with it in the future I would perhaps bake a layer of ambient occlusion over the vanilla texture to try and make it look more 3D during all hours. I'm not sure how good this would look though. If I do something I have to be happy with it and it has to up to my standards. The last version was fine, but I wanted to take it further and couldn't really do that. Hope that makes sense.

I'll add a note saying it's no longer available and add it to the list of removals for v2.2.3.  Sad to see it go, but hopefully something better comes from it.

• 2 weeks later...