Terrain Bump - Texture Pack (by SparrowPrince)

z929669

Sparrow may have removed it in his latest update. I will need to check against the versions I first uploaded.

EDIT: No, all the files are there, including icicle_n.dds; however, the path was wrong ... fixed:

textures\landscape\roads\icicle_n.dds

to:

textures\landscape\icicle_n.dds

UPDATE: v1.4d actually has 'fixed' mountain and icicle normals (Sparrow must have noticed we were excluding them in STEP and understood that they were too bumpy). Therefore, the whole mod can be used now. Mod page updated on the wiki.

Sparrow may have removed it in his latest update. I will need to check against the versions I first uploaded.

EDIT: No, all the files are there, including icicle_n.dds; however, the path was wrong ... fixed:

textures\landscape\roads\icicle_n.dds

to:

textures\landscape\icicle_n.dds

UPDATE: v1.4d actually has 'fixed' mountain and icicle normals (Sparrow must have noticed we were excluding them in STEP and understood that they were too bumpy). Therefore, the whole mod can be used now. Mod page updated on the wiki.

That imo, would still require a quick retest instead of just saying, "they're good now". Would need compares.

True. I did look at the textures though, and they are much reduced in the bumpiness area. It is true that they should first be tested, so I will make sure the wiki remains status quo.

Can anybody look at the diffs in 2.2.9?

The main issue in-game with the icles was not the bumpiness but that it was causing "zerba striping". This was probably due to the normal not matching the texture. It's just one of those that needed to be hidden because the result in STEP wasn't good. As for the mountain slab normals, those were hidden so long ago (when we were using Snow and Rocks) that I don't even remember why they were hidden.  :unsure: The reason should be somewhere on this thread or maybe the changelogs say so in one of them.

They were hidden because they were too bumpy ;)

The icicles should be totally fixed and no zebra striping (that was the bumpiness effect). My bet is that they are totally fine now. Icicle replaces the vanilla HR normal, and mountains replace the Vanilla Mountains normals, which are probably better, since they should be uncompressed (the new TB mountains and icicle are DXT format now and are the only compressed textures in the package).

I just don't have a solid block of time right now to test and get the screens.

• 2 weeks later...

If 'slabs' means mountains and rocks, I agree that some of the snow appearance is lost, but this may also be an improvement when considering the distance. In reality, you lose fine detail at great distance, so if they look better in close to mid distance, then that would be a good reason to retain.

Note: distance factor is inflated in Skyrim to give the illusion of larger distances, which should scale with time anyway.

You can see the compares for yourself. Since myself and DY were the only Staff to give an opinion and those opinions where that they're still no good. Thus, they have still be excluded. You'll have to check them out in-game, but they still are no good imo. Too much detail is lost and since some of the effects (snow and specular) are minimized, that makes it appear even worse....almost as if different textures were used.