Terrain Bump - Texture Pack (by SparrowPrince)

z929669

Are you really arguing over a mod made with vanilla textures Tech? What do you expect really? ;P By the way if you want me to tone the ice down I will soon, but you guys should try my fantasy ice from WATER being that I made it so easy to install it with other water mods ages ago. You can use my optionals without installing any plugins at all. 

That is only 9 normals out of 57 that can be used without any issues.

Would you be so kind as to share which 9 normals can be used without issue so as to save me(and others who are likely vexed with the current state of Terrain Bumps) quite a bit of time and hassle?  ::):

Edited by quietly

Would you be so kind as to share which 9 normals can be used without issue so as to save me(and others who are likely vexed with the current state of Terrain Bumps) quite a bit of time and hassle?  ::):

Why bother? Just install the mod ... the consensus is that it is an improvement, regardless of normal-map sourcing (see instructions on the mod page). That is why it is in STEP (read above)

Why bother? Just install the mod ... the consensus is that it is an improvement, regardless of normal-map sourcing (see instructions on the mod page). That is why it is in STEP (read above)

Because though consensus, some might not agree and might not like what it does. Like any texture mod in STEP, it's user preference. :thumbsup:

Tech what is your stance when game arists use a flat metal texture, but normal map the screws or nail heads? What about piping which is usually a flat texture with bumped ridges. Do you complain they don't fit because the texture does not match 100%? ::P: This is the only time I don't really agree with you. I think TB blends better 80% of the time without being in any way biased. You lost your way Tech, and now you are one of them!  :lol: Oh wel if you are happy then that is all that matters you little scamp you!

Some people that come here listen to technical stuff that they might not understand ... all these people hear is "this is not the way it is supposed to be" or "this is not 'best practice'", and they do not objectively see anything else, and OCD takes over, and suddenly you have a scare, and Ebola is going to kill anyone with TB installed :/

I am just trying to rectify illogical and irrational conclusions.

Don't worry about it Tech. I am open to all comments and not one of those people who goes mental over a bit of critisism. I actually like people to tell me what they think so I can improve stuff. The recent update to this is one of those instances. All I am saying is that this was obviously made ages ago with vanilla textures and I can't support every texture mod. If I start supporting SRO then people will think something is wrong and also ask for other packs. I don't have the time sadly.  ::(:

Edit: Terrain Bump = Source of Ebola confimed!

Edited by Guest

@Z,

Ebola kills man!... Anyway, I think all the sides are fairly clearly laid out for anyone actually reading the last couple of pages so there shouldn't be any "irrational conclusions". Plus, I added all those shots to the OP with nothing more added other than saying, "this shot is vanilla and this is with TB", so users can just view and decide for themselves.

@Sparrow,

Eh...it was worth a shot. ::D: :lol:

Yes, all is laid out, but most people unfortunately only read a short bit of a thread and take posts they see out of the larger context, so drowning 'nay'say with lots more 'yay'say might just prevent some people from getting concerned over things that shouldn't be concerning to them unless they actually notice an obvious issue on their own.