DoubleYou

On 5/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, DoubleYou said:

Skyrim Anniversary Edition is same as Skyrim SE as far as INI settings go. I do have plans for Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR support, but I doubt I will add Fallout 76 support.

Why are you doubting adding Fallout 76 support?

Also, I am still waiting for Morrowind to be added. It's my favourite Elder Scrolls game and it's criminally underrated, and I'm disappointed it's often sidelined in modding projects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hydra_Spectre said:

Why are you doubting adding Fallout 76 support?

Also, I am still waiting for Morrowind to be added. It's my favourite Elder Scrolls game and it's criminally underrated, and I'm disappointed it's often sidelined in modding projects.

After version 4 is complete, as it will make it dead simple to add support for new games with simple json files. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but BethINI wants to remove bBorderless=0 stating that it isn't used by the game (Enderal: Forgotten Stories), but by doing so it prevents the ability to display in non-fullscreen windowed mode. Unless I'm missing an alternative setting somewhere? Anywho, thanks for an awesome tool!

2 hours ago, Allnamestakenlol said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but BethINI wants to remove bBorderless=0 stating that it isn't used by the game (Enderal: Forgotten Stories), but by doing so it prevents the ability to display in non-fullscreen windowed mode. Unless I'm missing an alternative setting somewhere? Anywho, thanks for an awesome tool!

I don't think that I ever added support for Enderal SSE version, only original Skyrim version. 

5 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I don't think that I ever added support for Enderal SSE version, only original Skyrim version. 

Oh, hmm. I saw Enderal: Forgotten Stories in the list and just assumed it was for the Special Edition version, so that's my bad. I guess I should revert my .ini's then, just to be safe. (Seemed to be running fine after a few hours, tho.)

46 minutes ago, Allnamestakenlol said:

Oh, hmm. I saw Enderal: Forgotten Stories in the list and just assumed it was for the Special Edition version, so that's my bad. I guess I should revert my .ini's then, just to be safe. (Seemed to be running fine after a few hours, tho.)

Yes, you should probably revert them, as it's rather different in several respects, while others will stay the same. I originally added support for it when it came out on Oldrim. I never installed the SSE version to check out what all they did different.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for making this very convenient tool! I'm using it in Skyrim SE and I wanted to ask if there's any chance of:

1. Adding the difficulty slider (it's weird Skyrim doesn't let you set this before starting a game, unless you manually edit the ini)

2. Making the program show the user exactly what's been changed by recommended tweaks

22 minutes ago, Arth said:

Hi, thanks for making this very convenient tool! I'm using it in Skyrim SE and I wanted to ask if there's any chance of:

1. Adding the difficulty slider (it's weird Skyrim doesn't let you set this before starting a game, unless you manually edit the ini)

2. Making the program show the user exactly what's been changed by recommended tweaks

1. I will probably add this at some point. 

2. Summary of Changes will display all changes made by BethINI. 

On 1/29/2023 at 1:09 PM, DoubleYou said:

2. Summary of Changes will display all changes made by BethINI. 

You're right, thanks!

One more thing: the tool has on/off DoF setting but it's lacking the slider found in-game.

• 4 months later...

hey all. stumbled upon a neat fix for fallout 4's HBAO.
with vanilla HBAO settings, an issue is present where beyond a certain distance the AO darkens everything uniformly, as can be seen here.
be58f105cded9ab88f127dfc3fc3765b.png
the dark border in the distance is in fact caused by HBAO, the terrain isnt naturally that dark.

after messing with settings via console i managed to fix the issue without losing detail or coverage.
332e0e18cbc584e4c6bd37dc6544d5a5.png

the relevant settings are as follows:
(via console)
hbao depththresh 1    
hbao depthmax 65536

(via .ini)
[NVHBAO]
bDepthThresholdEnable=1
fDepthThresholdMaxViewDepth=65536

depthmax will not do anything unless depthresh is enabled. 65536 seems to be the max i can set depthmax to before the issue starts happening again. the higher you go above this value, the worse it gets.

perhaps something to include in BethINI in future?

Edited by thantoasty_
more info

10 hours ago, thantoasty_ said:

hey all. stumbled upon a neat fix for fallout 4's HBAO.
with vanilla HBAO settings, an issue is present where beyond a certain distance the AO darkens everything uniformly, as can be seen here.
be58f105cded9ab88f127dfc3fc3765b.png
the dark border in the distance is in fact caused by HBAO, the terrain isnt naturally that dark.

after messing with settings via console i managed to fix the issue without losing detail or coverage.
332e0e18cbc584e4c6bd37dc6544d5a5.png

the relevant settings are as follows:
(via console)
hbao depththresh 1    
hbao depthmax 65536

(via .ini)
[NVHBAO]
bDepthThresholdEnable=1
fDepthThresholdMaxViewDepth=65536

depthmax will not do anything unless depthresh is enabled. 65536 seems to be the max i can set depthmax to before the issue starts happening again. the higher you go above this value, the worse it gets.

perhaps something to include in BethINI in future?

Thanks for this, as I have noticed this issue. My only concern is if it might affect appearance badly in another fashion. So I think I will test it in my game for awhile.

Probably next update will be around Starfield release. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I want to report a minor issue with Skyrim AE. That's when I open BethINI, the setting "ireflectionresolutiondivider" sometimes will be automatically set back to 1, although I have changed to another value. This happens when I run BethINI, so not opening it kinda solve the problem but that's would defeat the purpose of it.

Not really a big deal but I prefer a higher value to increase my fps. Sometimes when I lost in the wood and fps drops, it usually because of this setting is set back to 1. Thank you.