DoubleYou

Hey,

I have question about this:

Set the number of CPU threads Skyrim can utilize
iNumHWThreads sets the maximum number of hardware threads the game can use. Set this to the number of cores your CPU has, doubling that number if it has hyperthreading. The default value is 4, which is perfect for quad-core CPUs without hyperthreading.

iNumHWThreads=Number of CPU cores, multiplied by 2 if hyperthreaded

I have that type of CPU: Intel Corei7-3770K (hyperthreaded: YES)

So, can I set this value=8 (?)

And something related to this settings from an other guide:

Add these if you have 8 cores.
iHWThread6=6
iHWThread5=6
iHWThread4=6

iNumHWThreads=8

Skyrim Stability Guide by FireFreak111

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

So, what about the yellow ones?

Thank you!

Oops, and one more thing:

I have set both these ini files read-only. (at my MO profile)

But every time, when I launch Skyrim (SKSE) the skyrim.ini read-only flag "disappear", right after I launch the game.

I can check this, till my menu loading.... But just from the Skyrim.ini file. The Skyrimpres.ini does not change.

How could be that? I don't understand. I use Windows 7 SP1.

Edited by kranazoli

iHWThread4 et. al. are leftovers from the older games and do not appear to be employed in Skyrim. Only iNumHWThreads appears to be used. You can set iNumHWThreads to 8 since you have 8 CPU threads. Let me know if that improves performance or not, as I have not been able to test that, since I only have 4 threads, which is the default value.

Don't set the INI files to read-only. That can only cause problems in Skyrim. Backup your INIs if you're afraid they are going to be overwritten.

iHWThread4 et. al. are leftovers from the older games and do not appear to be employed in Skyrim. Only iNumHWThreads appears to be used. You can set iNumHWThreads to 8 since you have 8 CPU threads. Let me know if that improves performance or not, as I have not been able to test that, since I only have 4 threads, which is the default value.

Don't set the INI files to read-only. That can only cause problems in Skyrim. Backup your INIs if you're afraid they are going to be overwritten.

Hey,

Honestly? I would say, yes. It has affect. I wouldn't say like a real CPU upgrade, but I guess this is not just placebo. But do not think too far... I had set it earlier, just now put that question, mostly about the yellow ones. (Thanks!) So, yes, in my opinion it has noticeable feeling. Maybe a little bit "fluent" gameplay. "cleaner, drier, more secure feeling!" :)

Not yesterday was, when I read the whole STEP Guide, but if I am not mistaken it was suggested to make them read-only. Or I confused by other guide. Course I do backup. :)

Thank you!

Hi DoubleYou!

Hope that there is no problems posting here those questions!

- What about threaded textures, decals, morpher?... Is recommended to be active on old tutorials... So I don't trust that info nowadays... I didn't noticed any difference.

- What about uGridsToLoad=3? No info somewhere. I've found that value only on Skyrim Configurator... No way to trust that setting. According to S.T.E.P Guide, is recommended to be left at 5, but nothing is mention for lower values...

Thanks!

All the threading tweaks in Skyrim are either set to be enabled already or are believed to be unused by the game at this point besides iNumHWThreads in [General] section of Skyrim.ini. Most of the threading tweaks mentioned on the net are bogus and don't even exist in those sections, and a lot of those settings, where they do exist, appear to be disabled.

Info about uGridsToLoad: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI/General#uGridsToLoad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What if i don't use mod organizer( yeah i know, blasphemy ::O: ) and i would like to use spINI Tweaks module, is it even possible? Since it does that "spINI Tweaks contains tweaks to improve performance and improve graphics " i find him most interesting from this trio.

Version 2.0 released:

-Code completely revised

-INI files are now automatically backed up into Documents\My Games\Skyrim\spINI Cache

-No longer edits Skyrim INI templates, dynamically editing them instead during spINIfication

-Now supports multiple languages

-The Skyrim Launcher no longer crashes if ENB is present during spINIfication

-Added spINI presets

-Added ability to modify Basic, Detail, and View Distance settings according to specialized spINI algorithms

-All INI files now are automatically sorted

-All bogus INI settings caused by the Skyrim Launcher are removed

-Creation Kit INI files now will detect installed official DLC

-spINI now creates a log file each run

...and many more changes that I'm sure I've completely forgotten...

OzZNaoqZjDZAU2nOj9PlJFG2WhXtReRcQEYLu7lOSaJO14cs

gfDZUkwifvK1tqnANEUtEmpoLRXuK77n

zGYysptf8pYnwjPTxwEuyqwOvQCmJlHF

6djA6jGC7O08w88rfwwLPaW3tXRPTJIW

wUAPVDo1zMasWFaduQrShfxWv2JM2mBvl8CAumH8Y2082mO0

Love 2.0!

Might I put in a request for the next feature?

Maybe another page that has boxes you can tick to put in STEP Ini additions? It would save alotta time for people to look at the latest STEP Ini tweaks, and input them manually :3

Would be nice to be able to tick off options to add in stuff like the Combat tweaks for Arrows/Bolts and other parts not covered in this awesome program yet.

Edited by brandonpotter0