STEP v2.2.9.2 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Can you narrow it down for me? In which part of the installer are you getting that error?

When i run it in MO it thinks for a bit then comes up with that, the installer doesnt show it doesnt get that far, double click to install wait a bit and then the error mate.

Yeah i just changed the FOMOD installer setting to true and its working know, haven't had a problem with that on the older versions but as long as its working, maybe worth you mention that in the download section ?/ just a thought anyway thanks for the fast reply mate.

• 3 weeks later...

I searched for "butterflies" in this topic but found nothing.

2.2.9.2 is my first STEP install, so not sure if the butterflies have always been this way due to the same mod being used, but they all fly in clumps together, seem to freeze in the air over my head (like they landed on a non-existant branch maybe?) and are just too easy pickings.  Not sure what mod I used before STEP, but they acted much more normal and were more of a challenge to grab.

Hi, I have noticed that I get a bad folder with the STEP Patch.

My STEP Compilation Mod's folders shows as

Interface

landscape

meshes

Readme

sound

textures

But the landscape folder should not be there by all means, I believe it should be inside of the textures folder although I think it's already in there as well.

I have checked each MO Installation I have, a Step Extended I did a month ago, one that I just did, and one that's a backup/base of a STEP Extended install using every instruction of the 2.2.9.2 guide down to the letter.  All of these have the extra "landscape" folder.

Just wanted to report this.

Hi, I have noticed that I get a bad folder with the STEP Patch.

My STEP Compilation Mod's folders shows as

Interface

landscape

meshes

Readme

sound

textures

But the landscape folder should not be there by all means, I believe it should be inside of the textures folder although I think it's already in there as well.

I have checked each MO Installation I have, a Step Extended I did a month ago, one that I just did, and one that's a backup/base of a STEP Extended install using every instruction of the 2.2.9.2 guide down to the letter.  All of these have the extra "landscape" folder.

Just wanted to report this.

Thanks for the report. It can be safely deleted or ignored as the files are included in the correct path, as well. We'll fix this with the next update.

• 4 weeks later...

Found a problem with the STEP Extended Patch - ELE & ICAIO installed.  May affect the other versions of the Extended Patch, but I haven't looked.  

I'm in the Bannered Mare stealing Argonian Ale for Brenuin, but the Argonian Ale is invisible.  There is a quest marker, but no Ale.  Problem was bad model filename in the plugin.

In TES5Edit:

--STEP Extended Patch

--  Ingestible

--  0009380D - AleWhiterunQuest - Argonian Ale

--  Model

--  MODL Model Filename - clutter\potions\meadARGONIANALE.nif

Could be I screwed up an install, but I have no meshes\clutter\potions\meadARGONIANALE.nif in my MO directory.  I changed this field to Clutter\Ingredients\Mead01.nif (from Vanilla and USLEEP) to fix the Argonian Ale.

Found a problem with the STEP Extended Patch - ELE & ICAIO installed.  May affect the other versions of the Extended Patch, but I haven't looked.  

I'm in the Bannered Mare stealing Argonian Ale for Brenuin, but the Argonian Ale is invisible.  There is a quest marker, but no Ale.  Problem was bad model filename in the plugin.

In TES5Edit:

--STEP Extended Patch

--  Ingestible

--  0009380D - AleWhiterunQuest - Argonian Ale

--  Model

--  MODL Model Filename - clutter\potions\meadARGONIANALE.nif

Could be I screwed up an install, but I have no meshes\clutter\potions\meadARGONIANALE.nif in my MO directory.  I changed this field to Clutter\Ingredients\Mead01.nif (from Vanilla and USLEEP) to fix the Argonian Ale.

That is from Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD so make sure you have that installed properly.

That is from Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD so make sure you have that installed properly.

Right you are sir.  STEP instructions say Booze v2 Non-Glow, but I downloaded just the v2 Non-Glow (no booze).  Working perfectly now that I've followed instructions.  My mistake, thanks for correcting me.

I was looking at the FO4Edit Nexus page (the location of the most recent TES5Edit) and at the documentation referenced there. One of the pages is the Skyrim Dirty Plugins List. It mentions 4 records that should be removed from Dawnguard.esm in addition to those removed by TES5Edit cleaning. I looked in Dawnguard.esm in my system and I found 3 of these records present even after 2 stages of TES5Edit cleaning (I didn't find the one in CELL 00039F67). Is this information accurate, and if so should we add the instructions to remove some or all of these to the instructions on the Dawnguard wiki page?

I was looking at the FO4Edit Nexus page (the location of the most recent TES5Edit) and at the documentation referenced there. One of the pages is the Skyrim Dirty Plugins List. It mentions 4 records that should be removed from Dawnguard.esm in addition to those removed by TES5Edit cleaning. I looked in Dawnguard.esm in my system and I found 3 of these records present even after 2 stages of TES5Edit cleaning (I didn't find the one in CELL 00039F67). Is this information accurate, and if so should we add the instructions to remove some or all of these to the instructions on the Dawnguard wiki page?

I've known about these for a while and do clean them, but they won't hurt anything by not being cleaned from the DLC either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the STEP Compilation patch 2.2.9.2i High Res patch twice and both downloads have an extraction error in Mod Organizer. Could you guys check the file? I don't ever have corrupted downloads anymore after switching to a wired network.

UPDATE: So after a computer reboot it wants to work, with the same exact file even. Never had that happen before. Odd...

Edited by Drakonas