STEP v2.2.9.2 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Hello and welcome Bazbaoy!

I already posted about that update in the SMIM topic, I think one of the staff members will update the instructions when they have some time to check the mod and make the appropriate changes.

I guess you figured that you can install that last version without any problem. ;)

Thank you, have fun and a nice day!

Thanks Zorkha.

Fyi, it was supposed to be Bazaboy, but I made a typo, and haven't figured out how to fix it! I'm guessing if have to delete my account and recreate it, but can't even see the option to delete the account!

Found another update - Farmhouse Chimneys (in the landscape section) has been updated to v2.8.

Also, a question. I've just reached the HD Snow mod, but there's no additional info with it in the guide. Which mod file do I install - v3.4 textures, v3.4 BSA, v2.7.1 loose 1K, v2.7.1 loose 2K, or the v2.7.1 BSA 2K?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I'll get to these things tomorrow sometime. I've updated your username for you.

Thanks for updating my username, TechAngel85, it's much appreciated, particularly when it wasn't specifically requested.

As I'm going through the guide, I'm finding a couple of oddities, mainly in that the mod isn't written correctly and I need to modify the data directory before installation. This might be because I now tend to follow Gopher's methodology and choose a manual install in Mod Organizer instead of an auto one every time. Whether it would install correctly if I used the auto option, I don't know.

Anyway, some sections of the guide mention altering the data directory, and some don't. Would you want to know every time I come across something like this? A case in point were all the AMidian mods at the beginning of the landscape section.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

Also, a question. I've just reached the HD Snow mod, but there's no additional info with it in the guide. Which mod file do I install - v3.4 textures, v3.4 BSA, v2.7.1 loose 1K, v2.7.1 loose 2K, or the v2.7.1 BSA 2K?

You take the last version if not specified, BSA or loose files will do the same, but I prefer loose files when it's there (because then in the Data tab in MO you can see the files, and what they do...).

Also you can rename the mods in MO (by clicking on the name in the left pane), I do it too because I want clean mod names.

And you should only to a manual install when the guide says so.

EDIT: I figured you were talking about the "wrong DATA directory" message in red.

The guide will tell you when a mod is not packaged very well, and if not then you do it it yourself after learing the first time like me. :)

Edited by Zorkha

Hi again.

Can there be some additional instruction for the "Better Males" mod? I've just installed the Geonox Faces and Underwear Default mods. Both gave me the red "Wrong Data Directory" error. Normally, I would just find and select the data folder listed in the hierarchy below, but these both have an Optional sub-folder, containing it's own data folder and subsequent textures and meshes.

Are these supposed to be installed over the top of each other, merging into one, or installed separate mods?

Thanks

Hi again.

Can there be some additional instruction for the "Better Males" mod? I've just installed the Geonox Faces and Underwear Default mods. Both gave me the red "Wrong Data Directory" error. Normally, I would just find and select the data folder listed in the hierarchy below, but these both have an Optional sub-folder, containing it's own data folder and subsequent textures and meshes.

Are these supposed to be installed over the top of each other, merging into one, or installed separate mods?

Thanks

Yes, you just do the install multiple times choosing the options you want and merging.

EDIT: If that makes sense. :lol: 

Edited by Zorkha

As I've said to Tech in a message to him, I lost a long post where I was giving some feedback about my STEP set up (using 2.10) and what mods I added (where in the load order, what files I hid for them to not overwrite others etc, basically everything) because the forums here do not keep what you were typing if the page happns to refresh (at least for me, in my browser, only here).

Everything works fine for me, no crash for now (I am using the Crash FIxes from meh321) and I don't go Under 40 fps often with Vivid Weathers, Vividian ENB (normal) with SMAA and I choosed the ultra preset in BethINI.

I will not write everything again in detail. :/

Most mods I added came from the mods marked with a "Testing" tag here and some from the SR:LE guide (A MAtter of Time for example).

I want to thank everyone that are behind this guide(s) again, the Skyrim modding community (big love to the STEP Staff, all of you since 2011 and the mod authors :heart: heart: heart: heart: heart:: and the Elder Scrolls lovers in general!

Now its time to really start the game after the testing (I am only really tested my "build" once I was done, yes I know its crazy), bare with me for 0 crash and an enjoyable playthrough over the next weeks.

Let the advetures of Julius Salvia begin! (yes I choosed an Imperial to start, yes... but that's only my first save :woot:)

Julius Salvia (you can laugh at it I don't care ^^) because of my real name but wrote in latin (Julien Sauge, "sauge" in french being the "sage" in English, and salvia in latin, meaning "the plant that saves you", literally, according to fr.wiktionary.org :lol:)

(oops make sure I CTRL-A, CTRL-C here before I lost my mind again ^^)

Yeah crazy post, sorry I have emotional problems :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the World Map has several graphical glitches to it, including black square around the player, some world map water textures z-fighting over landscape. It's really minor and doesn't affect the usability of it, but it can be annoying.

Also with the current DynDOLOD, mountains have pretty severe z-fighting(1080p screen) when you are around the farms outside of Whiterun and look to the South. This barely happens anywhere else though.

Edited by CheckyoFacts

I've found a crashing issue with New Thinner Torch: It's NIF file is corrupted(or out of date?) and causing crashes: i've been able to verify this with the Crash fixes plugin. It always pointed to a crash with torch.nif and uninstalling the mod fixed the issue and stopped all crashes. It usually caused loading screen crashes, but also crashes when guard's pulled torches out of their pocket

Just an FYI for people using STEP.

Edited by CheckyoFacts

Map is a known issue. Not sure what causes it.

Z-fighting...nothing we can do about that, if you're using BethINI. If you're not, use it. This is a vanilla issue that Bethesda fixed themselves in SSE.

As for torch, have you redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it? I've never had the issue with the touch.

The same has happened to me and at least one other person on the Nexus (unless the commenter on the mod's page and CheckyoFacts are the same person).

I am using ELFX, if that is of any importance. Although as far as I know, the ELFX torch only changes the size of the flame... anyway, I made my own thinner version of the ELFX torch with NifSkope and I have not had a single crash like that (with the crash fixes message about a corrupted mesh popping up) since then.

Map is a known issue. Not sure what causes it.

Z-fighting...nothing we can do about that, if you're using BethINI. If you're not, use it. This is a vanilla issue that Bethesda fixed themselves in SSE.

As for torch, have you redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it? I've never had the issue with the touch.

Z-fighting still exists in SSE. It just doesn't happen as much as it did.