Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Have they really transferred the lip sync bug to Fallout 4? That's hillarious in a pretty sad way.

Here you go, the first 60 minutes of PC Ultra gameplay... don't click if you don't want spoilers.

Whoa, what's up with those graphics? Why is it so oversaturated with some weird ass fog filter on top of everything? That looks like... well, ****. I can't find any more suitable word.

Have they really transferred the lip sync bug to Fallout 4? That's hillarious in a pretty sad way.

Whoa, what's up with those graphics? Why is it so oversaturated with some weird ass fog filter on top of everything? That looks like... well, ****. I can't find any more suitable word.

You can't, but Dorkly can. https://www.dorkly.com/post/54193/graphics-through-the-ages

https://kotaku.com/fallout-4-has-lots-of-bugs-reviewers-say-1741472178

Gem from a user in the comments:

I’ve been playing a review copy for over a week, and just discovered last night that a particular quest NPC not offering quest completion wasn’t the result of my not completing a quest. Instead, I came to realize (after it happened with another NPC) that any time I have two completed quests for the same NPC, turning in one totally breaks the other. This wouldn’t be such a problem if the one weren’t the core Brotherhood of Steel quest line, and the other from the core story.

As it stands, I’m more than 60 hours into the game, and feeling like the whole experience is now a wash. :/

• +1 1

"I've also put up with the inexplicable stupidity of numerous companions, none of whom seem to exhibit any combat awareness whatsoever. They'll charge into the fray and try to take down a Deathclaw with melee attacks, or use a mini nuke to take out a Bloatfly, killing us both in the process."

Bethedsa, Bethesda never changes.

• +1 1

So sad, just watched the YouTube clip and my expectations for FO4 have just sunk completely.

Maybe Witcher 3 has enlightened me to how a game CAN play and look, or maybe I'm just now realising what Bethesda has been dishing up.

That just looks awful! Game mechanics and visuals are too... gamey. I think I will be putting off getting it for a while, wait for some decent mods arrive to once again fix the game.

So sad, just watched the YouTube clip and my expectations for FO4 have just sunk completely.

Maybe Witcher 3 has enlightened me to how a game CAN play and look, or maybe I'm just now realising what Bethesda has been dishing up.

That just looks awful! Game mechanics and visuals are too... gamey. I think I will be putting off getting it for a while, wait for some decent mods arrive to once again fix the game.

I think Witcher 3 is going to mop up the GOTY awards after seeing how this is panning out, but you can never underestimate the fanboys.

I was secretly hoping I was wrong calling FO4 more of the same buggy mess cause I am dying waiting for SW:B to release and of course Skyrim is many years old now... alas I will be waiting for price drops / mods. I think I'm getting more picky in my older age...

Has anyone heard that Fallout 4 can run on monitors that go over 60fps without bugging out? I remember Skyrim's physics acting like they did cocaine putting it on speeds over it, it bummed me out when I found out after I bought a nice monitor.

Doubt you can run over 60 without issues, same engine after all with the same bugs.

Here is some perf analysis:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

20 fps to 0! fps hitching on consoles crossing cell boundaries, ouch. I heard a rumor PC is capped at 50 fps by default but there is a way around it in ini.

Looks like a ton of people are pre-loading the game right now. I usually get 5-8 MB/s downloads on Steam and right now it's around 1.7 MB/s. Might be throttling too. I've been getting a bunch of that lately.  :down:

As long as I can enjoy the game like Fallout 3 and have fun until a bunch of mods come out and take over my life then I'll be happy. I should stop expecting anything from Bethesda that is out of the ordinary for Bethesda. We got the same game they've been making for 20 years which is what we should have expected. Expecting more is our fault.

Looks like a ton of people are pre-loading the game right now. I usually get 5-8 MB/s downloads on Steam and right now it's around 1.7 MB/s. Might be throttling too. I've been getting a bunch of that lately. :down:

As long as I can enjoy the game like Fallout 3 and have fun until a bunch of mods come out and take over my life then I'll be happy. I should stop expecting anything from Bethesda that is out of the ordinary for Bethesda. We got the same game they've been making for 20 years which is what we should have expected. Expecting more is our fault.

Not living up to it is theirs, paying them for mediocrity is yours. :)

That being said, I know many will buy it anyway and I totally understand being hyped up waiting for a title.