Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Hey, wanna ***** about Beth' lazyness and not-so-improved graphics ?

Here are the path/name of some of the cloud textures :

Sky\SkyrimCloudsUpper01.dds

Sky\SkyrimCloudsUpper02.dds

Sky\SkyrimCloudsHorizon01.dds

Sky\SkyrimCloudsFill.dds

I've already seen it somewhere, but I can't remember... Oh, wait !  ::P:

Can anyone confirm when you go back to your house after you exit the vault, that you can activate Shaun's SPECIAL book, which gives you a point in a SPECIAL of your choosing? 

@kesta

They used VATS cameras in Skyrim too! How dare they! In all seriousness, it could be temp, but I wouldn't hold my breath. How did you find the paths? Is there a viewer or something?

Edited by Guest

I doubt half those textures are good for PBR. Lots of baked lighting and shadowing. I guess it does depend on Bethesda's implementation though. Can't wait for the .ba2 unpacker. Please buzz me if you spot it. You think Mator could easily make one? That guy has talent. You should have seen the windows I saw in the Concord History Museum (?) Ess. It looked like a poster of a window stuck on a wall. Probably the worst texture I saw in the game.

Here is the .ba2 extractor: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1544542-wipz-fallout-4-script-extender-f4se/

Sorry if it's old news.

• +1 1

Can anyone confirm when you go back to your house after you exit the vault, that you can activate Shaun's SPECIAL book, which gives you a point in a SPECIAL of your choosing? 

@kesta

They used VATS cameras in Skyrim too! How dare they! In all seriousness, it could be temp, but I wouldn't hold my breath. How did you find the paths? Is there a viewer or something?

Yeah, Skyrim's killmove are actually stripped-down VATS.

I found out because FO4 plugins seems to use the same format as Skyrim's ("TES4 file format"), so I could open it in xEdit and check some stuff (Cloud textures are specified in weather records).

Didn't know there was a .ba2 extractor yet, thx for the link !

Here is the .ba2 extractor: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1544542-wipz-fallout-4-script-extender-f4se/

Sorry if it's old news.

Must resist urge to clutter up my laptop with 20gb of extracted textures... Well that was fast! Thanks. Good job I booked today off.

Edit: Can't get it to work. It force closes. Any instructions?

Edited by Guest

Right let's gloss over you being grumpy and calling me a liar. I honestly couldn't afford this game, a PS4 and a new laptop with the money I would get otherwise. We'll leave it there...

Stupid question: How do I use the command line? I thought opening the program would give you a command line and instructions. When I open it, it crashes and closes. I'm used to interfaces, I'm spoiled.

Sorry bruh, I have an unnatural fear of birds. Makes me not trust them. ::P:

Might wait a bit on ba2 extractor. Looks like it can't export the full DX10 header for the normals stored in BC5 format. The Script Extender guys are already looking into it though. 

Sorry, but it really upset me and you know I usually don't mind our back and forths. It is hard to admit, but I can send you a reason if you want. I have not been feeling myself lately.

Now back on topic!

Will wait then. Honestly I just want to view the files, I'm not editing anything for a long time. I'm wanting to go more into gamplay stuff this time if I were to do anything. Maybe a few texture edits though.

@Octo

A Robbaz video! The only guy I like on Youtube. I can tell from the title, no need to watch. lol Will watch tonight though! I'm still waiting for him to finish his mead brewing series.

Edited by Guest

As someone who's likely to not get the game for some time I'm probably going to be asking questions on and off to see how it is. Sorry to bother the folks talking about the graphics, haha.

Now, having said that I do have one right now: What does the game use for damage mitigation? Fallout 3 used DR (Damage Reduction.) for their armor while F:NV mostly used DT (Damage Threshold.), although I use mods to enable both both in F:NV. Does Fallout 4 use either or both...or even some new thing, I dunno.