Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

The new consoles are all 64-bit, so it only makes sense they made the switch. I don't think we've really seen what the game can look like on a PC yet. Someone will probably put up some nice 60FPS vids on a decent gaming rig. I'm interested to see if MS pushes Bethesda to add DX12 support. That new feature to use any two GPUs is pretty insane. Never though I'd see the day that you could use an AMD and Nvidia card together.

I think I am going to stand over here in the skeptic corner and just ask... but why? At least for a while yet. 

Got to admit that other than for the sake of doing it, I do not really see that much point for the average consumer. 

I can think of...well...two reasons. Price is the first since AMD tends to be less expensive. The other is for AMD users to get Nvidia cards for specific features of those cards. I can see an AMD user running a mid-range Nvidia card as just a physics processor.

Does this mean Nvidia finally stopped disabling the physics processor if it detects an AMD GPU?

Looks like the textures are really bigger this time (not necessarily of higher quality from what I could see in some of the screenshots though :(). I thought the game was significantly bigger because of more voice stuff, but it seems like it's not the case. I'm really curious about the launch.

Ofc. ideally the whole multi card thingy sounds good on paper.. but let us be honest, will there be any incentive from AMD and Nvidia to actually work together for the benefit of the consumer? Or is it more plausible that they will continue to try to develop features that are unique for their own architectures,and introduce limitations on the hardware level that will prevent this nice gesture from being what it could be. 

I hope to be proven wrong, but well corporate interests being what they are and all... 

On another note... any conclusions on what the native resolution and compression formats on the textures are yet? And is it still all nif mesh format? 

Yeah read it yesterday. It's terrible. The reviewer basically says you will enjoy it if you are a fan, but not a newcomer. What a stupid line to put in a review based on nothingness. Also, this idiot spoils the beginning, you have been warned!

Not that I heard Aiyen. Expect 1-2k. I hope they do a better dds format which improves artefacts, but I don't think there are plugins for those formats in terms of PS/GIMP. The work flow of PBR textures will need to be picked up too. It may be interesting.

Edited by Guest