Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Looking at the video, I see a lot of the same that has already been discussed. Some improvements, a lot of the same. Environment lighting is generally bad regardless of the new "effects". The new effects are nice, but could still be improved when comparing to other modern titles and ENB effects. Shadows are still a joke. Most objects didn't even look like they were casing any shadows at all. AO is very generic from what I can tell. Water is better than vanilla Skyrim, but still room for improvement there. A ton of work will be going into re-texturing the game by modders because there are some detailed textures, but most of the environment is low detailed and blurry textures. I did notice some hair and fabric movement in there so maybe they've stepped up the physics system....that is a much needed improvement over the system in Skyrim. Looks like particles probably got an upgrade as well.

I don't think we'll really be able to tell how many improvements have been made until the modding tools are released and we have some knowledgeable people diving into the workings of the game.

I agree, but I can't wait to build a nice town! Apparently they were that focused on that, they nearly had to drop it because progress was a lot slower for things like story. They also said they placed people all around the map to test all the areas to make sure everything  was interesting. It wasn't at first, so they had to build more assets. I do think they really try with the world part. 

How do these androids fit in with the lore? I only know the basics, as with any other games. All I know is that Doctor Zimmer was from there and said it was rather secure. So they basically made these androids and now they are most likely out of control? I'm guessing the integrity of the Institute is very low, and the Enclave will sweep in and try to harness the technology for themselves. You will probably side with BoS again, unless there is a choice not to.

In a way I'm fine the way Bethesda does its games due to what modders can do with the game. I can forgive a bunch of stuff afterwords when mod come in to fix/improve/change something. That said actual bugs where a Unofficial Patch has to be made is irritating, especially when the patch is still being updated years after official patches are done.

All in all I'm really looking forward to Fallout 4 coming out, I'm going to have to wait a while to get it though. But usually that's for the better anyway.

Doctor Who reference at 1:43. It looks damn close to Waters of Mars.

wom4.png

Fallout: 'Unusual Call Box'. Fallout: NV: 'Who turned out the lights?' skeletons.

That tradition!

@Crimson13

But my Amazon offer a free mug! Sold! By the way, mods aren't a saving grace 100% of the time. Limitations are bound.

The lip sink was caused by a patch though. They added bugs in that patch and then said "we are done with Skyrim, peace out homies".

True, but that's still official content. Technically they left CTD bugs as well, those were there since launch. All hail Sheson!

I'm not saying that just because mods will come out to fix the problems makes it okay, if there are still issues a company should make efforts to fix it. What I like more is what can happen with mods, more along the idea of modding in general. FNV is a good game but things like Project Nevada make it great; it's what modders can do with the game (Especially Bethesda games.) that have me look forward to it.

This video explains why I have a hard time with the quality that Bethesda releases their games. They simply seem to be a several years behind the curve. Assassin's Creed Syndicate is a new release for the console and PC. It has stunning visuals that won't bring your system to it's knees and it has dozens of NPCs active at once with little to no performance impact. Bethesda...good for you for sticking with your own engine. Shame on you for being several years behind the curve. All these "fancy lighting" effects that you're just now introducing and pushing as great improvements have been around for several years now. Nice try, but you'll have to do better than than to impress me.  :dry:  I pray the new engine is at least 64-bit. If it's not... :facepalm: