Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Thanks guys. james, something has happened with the BC5 version it looks like... The normals have inverted. Very odd. I'll sort all this out later today when I can. I'll do a back and forth with my friend and we will get it on Nexus tonight. The water anyway. I'm not sure if it will look much different, but I'll try and get it looking more consistent and dynamic. I'm not a huge fan of the large ripple-like features of the original, it can end up looking more repetetive. Thank you very much for your help.

I don't know if you guys are aware, but Boris has already release an ENBSeries version for FO4. He says because of the way Bethesda designed things that features will be much harder to implement and some features he will not be able to implement at all. Apparently some of the features regarding lighting aren't that bad, but most lights aren't casting shadows. Currently the only thing he's really implemented are some bug fixes that should help prevent freezes and crashes. He's also supposedly removed the fake character back-lighting.

I'm currently waiting in the doctors for a quick checkup, but I got some photos from my pal, so I uploaded my very quick revised water normals to Nexus before I came out. I explained there isn't a great difference, but at least the uncompressed ones seem to work. I'll get back have some dinner and wait to see if those distant textures work in everyones game. I can wait. Whenever really. I'll probably just be chilling for the rest of the week nights this week at least, playing the game and doing whatever else. Can't really be bothered with any more mods for a while.

By the way, anyone going to post their base/character? I'll sort a few shots out soon.

Sorry Sparrow..I do not have the game and wont get it until it comes on a big sale some day (Starcraft 2 got my full game budget this time around)! But I do read all your findings with the new texture setup with interest! From the sounds of it they have opened up for some interesting possibilities, but ofc. not used any of them! But at least there are potential toys for the future there! 

But hey... any improvement in the number of maps other than diffuse, normal and spec is welcome in my book! :) 

Sorry Sparrow..I do not have the game and wont get it until it comes on a big sale some day (Starcraft 2 got my full game budget this time around)! But I do read all your findings with the new texture setup with interest! From the sounds of it they have opened up for some interesting possibilities, but ofc. not used any of them! But at least there are potential toys for the future there! 

But hey... any improvement in the number of maps other than diffuse, normal and spec is welcome in my book! :) 

I wasn't asking anyone specifically, but it would be cool if anyone has the time to do so. I'm glad someone read my rambles and doesn't get brain damage. Haha!

Anyway, I just made a mistake of putting up a new mod. I can't keep up with all the comments. I forgot what the thirst for new mods is like.

Right had some din dins, so here is my collection after just over 6 hours of play:

Sorry for these first ones, they be JPG.

My husband was hot!

fallout4_201511101118ceso6.jpg

Pretty, but I jumped on the rock and got nuked viewing the scenary just after.

fallout4_2015111011544fsia.jpg

Boom!

fallout4_20151110115665sxz.jpg

Piper likes to roleplay.

fallout4_201511111912aps1n.jpg

My base PNGs.

fallout4_201511121728grssu.png

Courtyard.

fallout4_20151112172995soy.png

First Floor.

fallout4_201511121730xdsak.png

Backyard. We bathe and poop in front of everyone. A postman sea captain guards us from danger.

fallout4_2015111217305fs4d.png

Upstairs with my second power armour.

fallout4_201511121730pps8x.png

My character being the black widow she is. Flirting with Stuck. I call him Stuck becuase he is always doing just that - getting stuck.

fallout4_201511121732klsv3.png

Edited by Guest

Seeing a working F4SE is great news... I know that Gopher is waiting for it for iHUD and I am sure there will be a F4UI in the pipeline pretty quickly.

Anything that will let folks change the keybindings will be greatly appreciated. I found out today that FO4 ignores the windows "swap mouse buttons" setting for left-handed mice.

Seeing a working F4SE is great news... I know that Gopher is waiting for it for iHUD and I am sure there will be a F4UI in the pipeline pretty quickly.

Anything that will let folks change the keybindings will be greatly appreciated. I found out today that FO4 ignores the windows "swap mouse buttons" setting for left-handed mice.

Gopher is raging about keybinds as well. He made a whole video on it. Apparently changing "Activate" does change it everywhere (like the loot button).

Thanks guys. james, something has happened with the BC5 version it looks like... The normals have inverted. Very odd. I'll sort all this out later today when I can. I'll do a back and forth with my friend and we will get it on Nexus tonight. The water anyway. I'm not sure if it will look much different, but I'll try and get it looking more consistent and dynamic. I'm not a huge fan of the large ripple-like features of the original, it can end up looking more repetetive. Thank you very much for your help.

Yeah, i agree with you on that front. The vanilla water reminds me of Skyrim's....*shudders*

F4SE will probably be in the pre-alpha stage in about two weeks. Those are pretty quick, but they had to write some new wrappers for the 64-bit stuff it looks like. Then you have to create all the classes from decoding the engine. 

Gopher is raging about keybinds as well. He made a whole video on it. Apparently changing "Activate" does change it everywhere (like the loot button).

The keybinding thing is partly due to Steam's way of handling executables. It's much easier to roll the code into the EXE, but that leaves it hardcoded. They usually do it for games where you can cheat such as FPS games where your turbo buttons on custom controllers are available. This isn't a big deal for RPGs, but it must be linked to the Steam workshop as well since that was originally created for Team Fortress 2. I'd bet the guys that come along and do the MCM conversion will figure out how to open it up for some modder to create a customizable key binding setup.

According to someone on Youtube, I'm a "genius". Criiiiiiinge. It even got a thumbs up.

Then I had to update the bloody mod again because I missed a few textures. Why do I go and ruin the little spare time I have? It's like I have a generous disease and I have to share everything. Why can't I be a ogre for a day? It's Skyrim all over again.  :lol:

I need a drink. 

Ess I want to see your character still. I'm all in on him wearing a tan trench coat, a fedora, and having a bushy brown beard. 

Sir Grant, a list was posted a page or two back. Lots of weirdness. My character is McFly even.

Edited by Guest

According to someone on Youtube, I'm a "genius". Criiiiiiinge. It even got a thumbs up.

Then I had to update the bloody mod again because I missed a few textures. Why do I go and ruin the little spare time I have? It's like I have a generous disease and I have to share everything. Why can't I be a ogre for a day? It's Skyrim all over again.  :lol:

I need a drink. 

Ess I want to see your character still. I'm all in on him wearing a tan trench coat, a fedora, and having a bushy brown beard. 

Started with the vanilla lady character, but changed the hair to a different style. Didn't want to mess with it to much because I used to spend like a hour on that stuff with Skyrim. I picked up that military hat, Green Beret style, with some regular eye glasses. They I found that sweater vest and slacks to go full art house hipster.