Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Some new pics:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8HJ3OiioUGXu_ZU_MHhL

An abnormal brahmin. There are still problems with the shadows, we will use ENB again.

41829358.jpg

A group of raiders who fight each other in a radioactive storm ( probably for the brahmin above ).

Edited by Lesslight

Tree LOD didn't even exist in FNV, so the fact that it exists is an improvement. 

Really? What did the mountain area look like at a distance? Nothing? You know... Jacobstown was it?

Lesslight I will play that game soon. It's called Horizon Zero Dawn, but it has killer robot dinosaurs instead!

Edited by Guest

There wasn't any until zilav created FNVLODGen a few months ago. Jacobstown was in a pocket of mountains so you couldn't see it and all the cactus stuff was object LOD that didn't exist for vanilla. The LOD textures for that game were pretty crap too. 64x64 was the largest size. Grass is handled separately and handled by the uGirds setting, but they capped the grass at 3x3 cells for some reason. NVAC fixed that issue so you could have grass for 5x5 cells.

Some new pics:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8HJ3OiioUGXu_ZU_MHhL

An abnormal brahmin. There are still problems with the shadows, we will use ENB again.

41829358.jpg

A group of raiders who fight each other in a radioactive storm ( probably for the brahmin above ).

Is this a joke?

Lesslight I will play that game soon. It's called Horizon Zero Dawn, but it has killer robot dinosaurs instead!

Wow, it looks like a beautiful setting, but only for PS4, or will also be released on PC?

Thanks for the advice.

@EssArrBee

Yes, only a little joke... called Fallout 4 ::):

Edited by Lesslight

Oh wow! I guess I never played it enough to notice. I played Fallout 3 more because I just liked the setting more. The green filter was horrid though. 

Is it me though, but does that LOD look like it blends together better? Certainly doesn't look better clarity wise though. Also are you picking this up soon Ess?

I asked if you were going to do a guide eventually in another thread, but you would need a console version too perhaps. I'm betting the latter is plugin only though.

Lesslight it's a Sony first party game. Guerrilla Games. Oh and Detroit: Become Human looks awesome too. Title needs a change though.

Edited by Guest

I'll be doing a guide if I ever find the will to play videogames ever again. Work has been killing me for months now, but that's just the price of success. ::P: I usually buy games like Fallout on console and play through a couple times and then it gives modders some time to put some nice stuff out. Then pick it up on PC and mod the game until it explodes over and over again. I need a new rig though. I have a workstation, but all my gaming is done on a laptop. Gotta buy a new one soon and put this old girl our to pasture (AKA my mom's house). Maybe even TC will come back for FO4 and we can just start the whole thing over again. 

In the defence of beth.... if you had a product that sold crazy good, and you knew a horde of people where going to improve upon it for free... would you not just be a bit lazy... and release stuff that is subpar ? 

I am no economist... but I am fairly certain the cost benefits ratio of that sort of deal is fairly good. 

Perhaps it is more or less time to stop seeing beth titles are games in the traditional sense.... and more like a sandbox with a toolkit people can get creative in. More or less like if you had unreal or cryengine with a lot more assets to play with without having to pay to get them. 

At least that was what skyrim was for me for the longest time... I never really saw the game, heck I still have not even played past the 1000 steps up the mountain! :) 

If you look at it that way then you actually get quite a good deal for your money. If you where to but the same amount of assets for any other engine you would have to put down a lot more money. Also whatever you learn in using this engine, you most likely can use in the other. 

Ess work hard, play hard! Fair enough, but if you do get around to it, please make the title less of a mouthful! ;)

Aiyen most people buy their games to play them. Most of the copies are sold on console, so that is where the money is. Unreal Engine 4 is basically free unless you go commercial. Should that engine suck because you can make stuff in it too? You are saying we should be defending poor technology because we can edit it? It is hurting Bethesda's image, but unlike Ubisoft, they release a lot wider apart. so they get away with more.

Edited by Guest

No I am not saying we should defend it. Just understand why it is as it is. And that all things considered as a creative suite you do get quite a bargain. 

If you had to go buy the same amount of assets in UE4... you can be quite certain that you would have to spend more than on the game itself. 

If the primary focus of the engine became development of 3rd party assets, then you can be sure that it would be improved further. But again it is just a console game... hence there is not really any incentive. 

That said then beth would have to go even further down the rabbit hole to get as bad as ubisoft.... Now there is a company that fails on so many levels it is not even funny any more. At least they are starting to actually have milked their IP´s so much that their games even get bad reviews on the mainstream review sites... but that is another story. 

It's a creative tool that doesn't work 100% yeah. Certainly not a suite like UE4. In UE you get demos and assets, before they included UT3 too. It's 50x easier to get assets into a robust engine like that. Have a model? Just import. Want collision? Generate that on the fly. Want to test? Jump in the render window. I can go on. Look at all the large and small teams that have adopted this engine recently. What I'm saying is, surely this is the problem? The tools are why they take so long, the tools must be a nightmare to work on professionally.

They can afford to splash out,  they do outsource too, so it's on them with all the hate they get for it certainly. Let's just say they are stuck in the mud. Look at all the better technology Zenimax have in the pool within other teams. EA makes other studios use Frost  because they know any improvements can be shared around to save time and costs. Ubisoft is the same. People can hate on Ubisoft and EA, but they sure are smart there. The new AC got decent reviews by the way somehow.  

Edited by Guest

Don't forget that Beth is a little more focused on quality of the other parts of the game instead of the eye candy. They also have a reputation to uphold of a buggy mess on release. Their games have always had many, many hours of content instead of tons of polish like some Frostbite game. You'll probably never see a game from DICE that has 60+ hours of content. Replaying multiplayer maps endlessly doesn't count.

Sparrow, what do mean by a mouthful? STEP or F&LNV? You know how Americans love our acronyms. Just look at any NASA mission.

I should have given my example of Guerrilla Games upgrading their engine from a FPS engine to a fully-fledged streaming engine for use in Horizon Zero Dawn. The conversion to open world looks seamless and it still looks amazing. That is how you do it!

F&LINV needs something shorter. FOOK was always memorable for example. I can't think of a acronym at the moment, it's a tough one.

Sparrow, what do mean by a mouthful? STEP or F&LNV? You know how Americans love our acronyms. Just look at any NASA mission.

I had no idea the love of acronyms was pretty much an American thing, although I guess it makes sense. I am American, but I have a deep aversion to acronyms because acronyms hinder accurate and meaningful communication. I know if I say WICO without sufficient context, someone from my generation might immediately think of Wico trackballs instead of Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul.

Nah,it's the internet age and most people can't even be bothered with spellin ful wrds. It's just easier to type I guess, but daaaamn is it confuzzling.