Improved Close Faced Helmets (by navida1)

mothergoose729

I made a long-haired character and tried wearing the Imperial helmet while using the imp_helm_imp.esp with the "long hair" flag. It looks exactly the same as when not using that esp. (I.e, my character looks completely bald with the helmet on). So what does the 'long hair' flag actually do? Is there a flag that will allow longer hair to be seen while wearing a helmet, or does the helmet replace the hair?

• 1 month later...

Okay going to make a little announcement for this one. Since the mod actually have some issues with helments you are wearing not having any normal maps applied and excessive reflections and specular then I went ahead and investigated in order to find a solution. 

The issue is that when he made the new meshes then his nif converter did not put all the proper settings back on, and he also carried over some white vertex colors. These in combination prevents the shader from applying the normal map to the helmets, which cause them to just look... bad and almost glow due to really high specular and reflective properties. 

I have sent the solution to the author, but he has so far not responded... so if he dont in the near future I will just finish up the rest of his helmets and upload the meshes here for people to grab in the mean time. 

Okay going to make a little announcement for this one. Since the mod actually have some issues with helments you are wearing not having any normal maps applied and excessive reflections and specular then I went ahead and investigated in order to find a solution. 

The issue is that when he made the new meshes then his nif converter did not put all the proper settings back on, and he also carried over some white vertex colors. These in combination prevents the shader from applying the normal map to the helmets, which cause them to just look... bad and almost glow due to really high specular and reflective properties. 

I have sent the solution to the author, but he has so far not responded... so if it dont in the near future I will just finish up the rest of his helmets and upload the meshes here for people to grab in the mean time. 

Doesn't Krypt have access to these files?

The helmets have bad/lacking mesh settings which cause them to not display properly. 

Here is an illustration. The current one in the mod is on the left and a working one on the right. 

This happened because the author converted his new mesh back to a nif file and that converter did not do it right. Hence the helmets will be much brigter ingame, and will really stand out when you compare them to the armor and to helmets on the ground etc. 

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hoping someone could let me know how to fix this? I have Step Extended installed and I added Immersive Armours and SkyRe but for some reason it is not showing the Improved Closefaced Helments... at first I thought I wouldnt mind but I like it SOOO much better than the vannilla helms... anyone know how to fix?

I was hoping someone could let me know how to fix this? I have Step Extended installed and I added Immersive Armours and SkyRe but for some reason it is not showing the Improved Closefaced Helments... at first I thought I wouldnt mind but I like it SOOO much better than the vannilla helms... anyone know how to fix?

Don't know about Immersive Armor, but for SkyRe, you need some sort of patch. I have created a new .esp, where I carried over and merged changes from Improved Closefaced Helmets and Skyre-Main. Those will then be used in Reproccer.esp and so you should have both the new helmets as well as the stats. Its easy enough in Tes5Edit you can just drag and drop the new stuff over. Maybe I can upload you my esp and you can give it a try. It should be harmfoul in any means, since its only altering of stats, tex and meshes of items.

• 3 weeks later...

The helmets have bad/lacking mesh settings which cause them to not display properly. 

Here is an illustration. The current one in the mod is on the left and a working one on the right. 

This happened because the author converted his new mesh back to a nif file and that converter did not do it right. Hence the helmets will be much brigter ingame, and will really stand out when you compare them to the armor and to helmets on the ground etc. 

Did anything come of these fixes getting a release/added to the mod itself? I've been intending on adding STEP mods to my game again, and this would be a nice thing to have if I do it.