TechAngel85

STEP v2.2.9.1 Official Bug Reports

Question

BUG REPORTS ONLY PLEASE!

Please post any bugs or issues that you think may be related to this release on this thread. Those issues will be fixed, if possible, in the next STEP update.

Progress on the next STEP release can be found in this forum. Make sure to check back often for updates!

v2.2.9.1 Changelog
(changes made since initial release)

For Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD somes of the required file are probably missing in this STEP : the billboards (TES5LODGen at  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698/ ), instructions on which files to install (Skyrim Flora Overhaul LOD billboards for example ) are needed too.

The billboards are in the STEP Texture Compilation file.

There are stray

characters on the Nexus Page (I still don't have access to it).

PM me your Nexus ID, and I will add you.

... so, is the Nexus wiki description 100% identical to our Nexus description page (BB code and all else)? If not, then they need to be synced up.

What is a fair average FPS to expect with v2.2.9.1?

Depends on the system. Any decent system will get 50+ for the most part. Some areas are just much more intensive than the others, so you'll see dips in those places. The aspen trees in the Rift can do a number on performance for example. Interiors should always be around 60FPS.

My system specs are:

Toshiba LX835-D3360 23-Inch All-in-One Desktop
Intel Core i7 i7-3630QM (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
8 GB DDR3
1000 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M, featuring 2GB of DDR3 discrete graphics memory
Windows 8

Honningbrew Meadery = 18-21 FPS
Outside Honningbrew Meadery (looking into the distance with Whiterun to the right) = 14-16 FPS
In front of Whiterun Doors (up the hill, looking into the further landscape) = 6-8 FPS

I installed STEP as directed to the letter with INI tweaks for Skyrim and ENB.
I also did a reset of INI files by restarting the Skyrim Launcher, allowing the suggested settings by the Launcher (very high), rather then the Ultra settings that I had prior, but with little improvement.

Everything looks great and at 14-16 FPS the character moves pretty smoothly with minor stuttering (???). Very playable.
It seems that with my system specs I should have way better FPS.

Thank you for the hard work and this past week marathon in finalizing STEP 2.2.9.1