DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Hey sheson! No logs today, I just wanted to report something with the latest DynDOLOD Resources 3.00 Alpha-43. The packaged impextbridge01_lod.nif is missing the Z-translation of the vanilla LOD resource, causing the LOD mesh to be offset on that axis and in relation to the full model.

14 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Hey sheson! No logs today, I just wanted to report something with the latest DynDOLOD Resources 3.00 Alpha-43. The packaged impextbridge01_lod.nif is missing the Z-translation of the vanilla LOD resource, causing the LOD mesh to be offset on that axis and in relation to the full model.

Thanks. Will be fixed in the next version of DynDOLOD Resources.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ookami829 said:

Hey sheson, i can't get dyndolod work because when generating LOD it always says error loading images from memory or access violation even though i use dyndolodx64, here the log

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.3 MB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 861.46 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD debug log to also upload.

Is it always reporting the same image textures\architecture\windhelm\whwindowmaps.dds?

Memory does seem lowish at the time since there on seems to be 8GB main memory. Double check overall usage in task manager. Maybe one of the tips from https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#High-memory-usage-Out-of-memory can help to reduce how much is used at the time.

15 minutes ago, bloodmage said:

Logs.rar

ok. reinstalled. got all the files.

a bunch of tree textures missing, but I'm not sure why or how to resolve. 

Read the actual error message and click on the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages.

That should open https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards, scroll down to "LOD Billboard(s) Not Found".
Based on the logs I can see TexGen generated those billboards and it completed successfully.
So, the TexGen output or parts of it are probably not installed (virtually) in the data folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\ that DynDOLOD looks at.

The game is installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\ which can cause issue with UAC or antivir. Follow a modding guide, that explains how to install the game properly outside of C:\Program Files (x86)

3 hours ago, bloodmage said:

I moved the entire steam location to the C drive, still getting hung up on markarth world atlas winter.

thanks for your help though.

Still no DynDOLOD log or debug, which are saved, when you close DynDOLOD via clicking X top right. Only kill it via task manager if closing via X top right does not work for a minute.

In that case, edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini with notepad and add RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] at the top. Then start DynDOLOD. Once it shows the options window, check the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder that DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt is being created. Upload the realtime log.

If there is no realtime log, reboot and try again. If it still does not work, upload your version of DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. With the log we have a good chance to troubleshoot this more quickly.

45 minutes ago, bloodmage said:

The DynDOLOD log and debug are the same as from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-169/?do=findComment&comment=278595 which show that LOD billboards were not found and then no LOD generation was started.

Check the dates and content of the log files are the ones from the last generation.

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini shows that ; RealTimeLog=1 is commented out. Remove the semicolon and any spaces in order to have the setting take effect.

amazing! real time log made it work.

Thank you so much. So the program ran very different. A bit longer, but much smoother with no freezing or big time gaps. Was this all just a VRAM or resource issue?

Thank you for your patience sheson. The only bad thing about dydolod...you can't go back to not using it. 

you and Enai and powerof3 (and many others) are some of the best out there man. I wish I understood half as much. Modding is as fun as playing.

it was the last tool I added to my arsenal and is essential now.

I would love to know what you find from the correct logs this time

Logs.rar

12 hours ago, bloodmage said:

amazing! real time log made it work.

Thank you so much. So the program ran very different. A bit longer, but much smoother with no freezing or big time gaps. Was this all just a VRAM or resource issue?

Thank you for your patience sheson. The only bad thing about dydolod...you can't go back to not using it.

you and Enai and powerof3 (and many others) are some of the best out there man. I wish I understood half as much. Modding is as fun as playing.

it was the last tool I added to my arsenal and is essential now.

I would love to know what you find from the correct logs this time

Logs.rar

If it runs through now, then it is hard to pinpoint a specific reason.

As I suggested in an earlier post, check memory usage of DynDOLOD in Windows task manager and check if it has sub processes like LODGenx64.exe or Texconvx64.exe that might be using lots of memory. The task manager can show both main and video memory usage.

When you have to generate again in the future, see the answers for https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#High-memory-usage-Out-of-memory first to test different settings and without enabling the real time log, in particular:
If DynDOLOD runs out of memory while generating atlas textures, add a line TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE].INI. If there are still problems, set MaxTextureSize=8192 in the same INI file.
If too many concurrent LODGen processes running at the same time consume all available memory, limit their total number by changing the MaxLODGen setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE].INI.

So next time, try setting TextureCache=10 and MaxLODGen=2 to see if it makes a difference.

I encountered the same problem as @bloodmage and did a little more investigating.

Setting RealTimeLog=1 also fixed the process for me. I've attached my logs folder for both the crashed and successful runs.

Although the stalled process was using a lot of memory, I'm not convinced this is memory related. My total system memory usage never rose above 70%. This system has integrated graphics and 32GB of system memory.

Markarth Crash Report.zip