STEP v2.2.9.1 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

OK so I figured out having tried multiple things that it was indeed my own stupid fault.

Just so others know, a problem with Mod Organizer 1.3.4 (A well known problem that I myself was aware of) was having problems with its internal FOMOD installer. This in turn was causing WAFR to not install correctly and meant I was missing all the supplemental esp's.

In case anyone would like to check, in future, if you suspect Mod Organizer is not installing your mods correctly, you can try going to the settings tab in Mod Organizer and navigate to the plugins tab. There you will find a list containing among others a Fomod Installer plugin. Highlight it and in the window to the right double click the true next to prefer and in the drop down change the setting to false.

Now you can install the mod you suspect is having issue using the external installer I believe (correct me if I'm wrong somebody) and pick the options you desire.

If you then see a difference you may, like me need to update Mod Organizer. I would also note that other mods already installed may also have missing info so it may be wise to re-install all those as well.

I checked, using this method to see if WAFR was working correctly and once I had verified this issue was the internal installer I just updated MO and reversed the Fomod Installer plugin setting to true and installed again through MO without issue.

Hope this helps! :D

Edited by Lebowskichild

So, FNIS has a new main file uploaded June 27th, version 5_5

Would you advise to install the new version, rather than FNIS Behavior and FNIS Behavior V5_4_2 Fix 1 ?

Or, is it better to wait for feedback on it and consider upgrading with the next STEP release?

Before going through with the DynDoLod process:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Dynamic_Distant_Objects_LOD#Recommendations

Is the DynDoLod mod supposed to be checked in the left pane of MO, or not?

The guide explicitly says to activate STEP LOD textures, and it says to enable DynDoLod.esp at the very end...

which leaves me to believe that the DynDoLod mod needs to not be checked in MO during this process?

EDIT: The 2nd Apply Filter warning that DynDoLod.esp isn't last in order, more or less tells me, ^ assumption was wrong?

And are FNIS + DynDoLod in fact supposed to be placed after bashed patch + DSR,

despite not being labeled as (SkyProc) patchers by MO?

Edited by ShiranZou

Yes, check out and make sure the ESP is the last in your plugin list before running. You can let LOOT sort it after.

Yes, retain the install order that's presented in the Guide.

For future reference, support questions should be asked in the support forums. This topic is for bug reports.

Hi,

I don't know wheter it is a bug or not. I have STEP Extended and some other stuff but nothing which modifies Windhelm snow textures. Don't know why but usually where should be snow textures it is blank and black. :(

Any idea?

Wrong textures:

2n1uvds.jpg

Right textures:

167wp54.jpg

But mostly I have the faulty one. :/

160rcpj.jpg

I use COT. It is usually good when the wheter is clear, sunny and the time is about 10:00.

2yytqwl.jpg

Edited by kranazoli

The snow on the side if walls is bugged in vanilla. I know this because people bother SparrowPrince about it all the time thinking it's Better Dynamic Snow. It's something to do with the way it's applied and the angle of the wall. CoT may simply be highlighting it to make it more noticeable. Also check for any mods that changes the snow shader file. I can't tell you the exact file name right now because I'm not at home.

The snow on the side if walls is bugged in vanilla. I know this because people bother SparrowPrince about it all the time thinking it's Better Dynamic Snow. It's something to do with the way it's applied and the angle of the wall. CoT may simply be highlighting it to make it more noticeable. Also check for any mods that changes the snow sharer file. I can't tell you the exact file name right now because I'm not at home.

Hi TechAngel,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I thought it could be a bug, but couldn't deside it is from game engine or maybe HQ Snow textures, or could be in related with DynDOLOD, but not. I guess, we do not use Better Dynamic Snow in STEP guide? And I do not use any other texture files neither city, town mods, as well. I'm going to start a new Skyrim gameplay walkthrough (after a long time) and didn't remember that kind of issue from earlier, but yes it look like some kind of game engine bug which is related to time for instance, and weather type. Yes, I'm sure COT just makes it noticeable.

ATM, I'm trying my mod lists, how buggy they are, how reliable and so on...

Thank you Angel, thank you! :unworthy:

It seems like whenever I approach the Statue of Azura, it just disappears. There's LOD of it, and when jumping around the area with jump height set to 100o via Nausicaa's tweaker I do bump into something invisible.

Running a full STEP Extended setup.

I second this problem. No problem with the LOD, but when I come near, the statue disappears.

It seems like whenever I approach the Statue of Azura, it just disappears. There's LOD of it, and when jumping around the area with jump height set to 100o via Nausicaa's tweaker I do bump into something invisible.

Running a full STEP Extended setup.

I second this problem. No problem with the LOD, but when I come near, the statue disappears.

I wanted to let you both know that I'll be looking into this; however, I have to rerun DynDOLOD before doing so.