Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Shurah, do you think it would be beneficial to write an article on making patches for your mod?

I think it may get people to release some patches for some of the smaller mods.

Yes, I'm going to write an article soon, but keep in mind that I'm not a native english speaker, so it's going to take me time to do it.

Hopefully someone will make a script to automate my protocol via TES5edit.

About GDO, there is no conflict with it, it was just a suggestion.

Edited by shurah
  • +1 1

GDO changes the a lot of stuff the guards say when you pass by or from the daedric weapons you have or the quests you've completed. Since you do a lot of running by them in game it can really make a difference over an entire playthrough. I thought that Immersive Citizens didn't really touch the guards a whole lot, so it wouldn't matter if we kept GDO. I guess I could be wrong though.

Guards won't do greetings unless you activate them with this mod installed. So it isn't incompatible or anything like that, just relegated to actual activating of guards not simply walking past them.

The question then becomes, how often do you hit E on a guard? If not very much, if at all, then GDO might not be worth the hassle.

• +1 1

Yes, I'm going to write an article soon, but keep in mind that I'm not a native english speaker, so it's going to take me time to do it.

Hopefully someone will make a script to automate my protocol via TES5edit.

I thought you added very specific custom packages to NPCs. If thats the case I dont think a script would be possible unless a known set of rules are in place.

If its navigational meshes, thats easy to fix but cannot be done in the xEdit.

Mator is pretty busy with other projects otherwise I would recommend him 100%

Got a bug report for you, Shurah.

The kids in Riverwood seem to be frozen in place. Disabling and enabling them didn't fix the problem.

aQIIrbdOABVtvUsIxDhB8MEEoeqQa8g1

These shots were at around 3AM in the game. You can talk to them but they just stand there day in, day out.

I know perfectly this bug, it's a vanilla bug. The 2 kids are stuck in a scene that never ends due to several errors made by bethesda's developers. If you start a new game with my mod, this bug won't occur, however if you installed my mod on an old save while this bug already happened, my fix won't work. The only safe way to unfrozen them is to make them enter in a combat state. You can try to lure a wolf on them or wait for a vampire's attack or a dragon's attack.

I thought you added very specific custom packages to NPCs. If thats the case I dont think a script would be possible unless a known set of rules are in place.

If its navigational meshes, thats easy to fix but cannot be done in the xEdit.

Mator is pretty busy with other projects otherwise I would recommend him 100%

In fact, some mods edit navmeshes while it's totally unnecessary. So all you need to do is to remove these navmeshes with TES5edit and add some collision boxes with a L_NAVCUT collision layer.

• +1 1

In fact, some mods edit navmeshes while it's totally unnecessary. So all you need to do is to remove these navmeshes with TES5edit and add some collision boxes with a L_NAVCUT collision layer.

It's a shame that not enough mod authors make use of the NavCut collision markers. I learned about their use last September when SilentResident released Skyrim Better Roads v1.3. Anyone interested to read the related comment posts about NavCut collision markers should start with this announcement post by SilentResident. She says that Arthmoor is quite knowledgeable in how to set them up, and helped her out.

I also know Manny GT is a fan of NavCut collision markers, as mentioned in this 2012 post by him. 

As for JK's city / town overhaul mods - I did mention NavCut collision markers to JKrojmal last year and he said he thought they were a "godsend" so as far as I know he's been using them in his mods as much as possible. I also mentioned using them to Blue Piano Two. As for ETaC, I would have to assume that MissJennaBee is aware of how to use NavCut collision markers, but since she moves things around and changes the landscape of towns so much, there has to changes to the NavMesh in the affected areas.

Since I'm on the topic of NavMesh edits - please everyone remember that if you use TES5Edit to remove NavMesh records from a plugin which has a NAVI record (Navigation Mesh Info Map - always form ID 00012FB4), then you also need to delete the NAVI record and load that plugin in CK and then save it to create an updated NAVI record. The NAVI record is a special kind of record with NavMesh and Teleport Door data, and all the copies of that record that exist in your load order get merged by Skyrim when it starts up. If the NAVI record is not updated in CK after making NavMesh / Teleport Door edits using TES5Edit, then NPC pathing and going through doors may be glitched or not work at all. This is also true if you use Matortheeternal's xEdit Merge Plugin script to merge any set of plugin which has more than one plugin with a NAVI record.

-----------

Also - I have a question about the new FOMOD installer for ICAIO (v2.0.5b):

Does the FOMOD XML code that detects plugins in the user's load order work with versions of Mod Organizer prior to v1.3.x?

I tried some experiments using the <fileDependency> tags a while ago, and could never get it to work correctly, so I decided not to use it in the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim installer. I'm really busy preparing for my move back to the US, but I'd like to release an update to AOS in the next 3-4 weeks, and it would be great if I could make use the of <fileDependency> tags to check the presence of plugins to make the installer even more automated.

Maybe you know, shurah, or GrantSP or JawZ could confirm whether that works with older versions of MO?

• +1 4

-----------

Also - I have a question about the new FOMOD installer for ICAIO (v2.0.5b):

Does the FOMOD XML code that detects plugins in the user's load order work with versions of Mod Organizer prior to v1.3.x?

I tried some experiments using the tags a while ago, and could never get it to work correctly, so I decided not to use it in the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim installer. I'm really busy preparing for my move back to the US, but I'd like to release an update to AOS in the next 3-4 weeks, and it would be great if I could make use the of tags to check the presence of plugins to make the installer even more automated.

Maybe you know, shurah, or GrantSP or JawZ could confirm whether that works with older versions of MO?

I'd also like to know this. I've never used them before because they've never worked. Whereas WB wizards detect files just fine. I'd really like this functionality in MO regarding FOMOD installers. It would make the installers more intuitive and easier for users.

It's a shame that not enough mod authors make use of the NavCut collision markers. I learned about their use last September when SilentResident released Skyrim Better Roads v1.3. Anyone interested to read the related comment posts about NavCut collision markers should start with this announcement post by SilentResident. She says that Arthmoor is quite knowledgeable in how to set them up, and helped her out.

Agreed.  A quick way to set up a NavCut collision marker is to just copy one from a vanilla cell, then place it where needed and resize.  Hearthfire uses a ton of these markers (which is where I first discovered them).  The starting chests/workbenches located at the HF building sites make for an easy reference.

Mod Organizer uses an external plugin to get the feature of fomod installer support. That code is left untouched by Mod Organizer, it's just included.

So yes it works with older versions of Mod Organizer that has the fomod feature present.

keithinhanoi;

I could help you with a NMM Installer if you'd like a "smart" NMM installer similar to that of the NMM Installer I made for shurah.

But the basis is that you need to have for the and  for the .

Edited by JawZ