Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Mod Organizer uses an external plugin to get the feature of fomod installer support. That code is left untouched by Mod Organizer, it's just included.

So yes it works with older versions of Mod Organizer that has the fomod feature present.

keithinhanoi;

I could help you with a NMM Installer if you'd like a "smart" NMM installer similar to that of the NMM Installer I made for shurah.

But the basis is that you need to have <fileDependency> for the <installSteps> and <flagDependency> for the <conditionalFileInstalls>.

I appreciate the offer, but looking at the XML code that you (& Ren?) did for shurah, I'll have no problem reworking the AOS installer code. Knowing that all the File Installs have to be flagDependency based and moved down to the conditionalFileInstalls is probably key to getting it to work.

When you say an "external plugin" is used by MO, you're referring to MO's "built-in" FOMOD installer, right? That's the default, and the "smart" installer aspect of your FOMOD code worked perfectly for me.

It's just that I swear I tried some very simple tests and couldn't get the auto-select feature to work - but that was with MO 1.2.18 and earlier.

My main concern is that if I rebuild the AOS installer, it may not work for some MO users - obviously I would have to include a warning that the internal FOMOD installer needs to be used, but it's a can of worms if it won't work in the built-in FOMOD Installer for users of MO 1.2.x.

Either way - thanks a bunch for the reply!

(and apologies to everyone else for steering things off-topic a little, though I will bring it back on topic by saying the all-in-one "smart" installer just makes ICAIO even more awesome)

Edited by keithinhanoi
  • +1 1

@keithinhanoi  

Hey Keith.  Since you bring it up I've got a question about merging mods with NAVI records.  I did it fine with the ETAC patches when I had the master ESMified but I'm going through and looking for new city overhauls that will work with CAIO.  Arthmoor's mods should work, along with a couple from Sawmills and Old Hroldan Ruins.  Anyway, I thought they'd be easy enough to merge them into one esp since they all deal with different areas but they all have a NAVI record so I didn't merge them.  Without a master to load into the CK as an ESM I wasn't sure how to go about it.  Are you saying that simply loading the merge into the CK and saving will be enough to do it, even without a master to sort of "guide" the CK into what changes it should make?

Thanks for your help!

@keithinhanoi  

Hey Keith.  Since you bring it up I've got a question about merging mods with NAVI records.  I did it fine with the ETAC patches when I had the master ESMified but I'm going through and looking for new city overhauls that will work with CAIO.  Arthmoor's mods should work, along with a couple from Sawmills and Old Hroldan Ruins.  Anyway, I thought they'd be easy enough to merge them into one esp since they all deal with different areas but they all have a NAVI record so I didn't merge them.  Without a master to load into the CK as an ESM I wasn't sure how to go about it.  Are you saying that simply loading the merge into the CK and saving will be enough to do it, even without a master to sort of "guide" the CK into what changes it should make?

Thanks for your help!

I think the reason that the ETaC patches needed their masters 'esmified' is because the CK doesn't accept esps as master files. You circumvent this problem by temporarily converting them to esms. If your files have no esp as master I'd assume you can simply open the merged patch in the CK and save it. That's how I understood it anyway

• +1 1

I think the reason that the ETaC patches needed their masters 'esmified' is because the CK doesn't accept esps as master files. You circumvent this problem by temporarily converting them to esms. If your files have no esp as master I'd assume you can simply open the merged patch in the CK and save it. That's how I understood it anyway

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but it just seems too easy.  

The more I think about it though the more I'm thinking that I shouldn't even bother with Ivarstead, Kynsgrove or Darkwater Crossing.  Arthoor's mods are nice and might be compatible now but the towns are listing in grey in CAIO's compatibility page so including them might just lead to more problems in the future.  They don't add much, just a few houses, but it could be a problem 20 levels down the road, especially if I add them via a merge instead of just a standalone esp.  It's the same problem with using the ETAC or JK mods that are currently compatible.  They work now but it's tough to tell how long it will be before Shurah releases an update which covers new towns/areas.  I think the only smart thing to do is stick with what he has listed in green and go back to a cold, lonely, barren Skyrim whose inhabitants are actually smart and have personallity.  It's a little thing, sure, but seeing Embry sitting on the bridge outside of Riverwood alone and thinking to himself made his character seem so much more deep and complex, much more so than just a few new houses and bridges could ever do.

• +1 1

I tried some experiments using the <fileDependency> tags a while ago, and could never get it to work correctly, so I decided not to use it in the Audio Overhaul for Skyrim installer. I'm really busy preparing for my move back to the US, but I'd like to release an update to AOS in the next 3-4 weeks, and it would be great if I could make use the of <fileDependency> tags to check the presence of plugins to make the installer even more automated.

Maybe you know, shurah, or GrantSP or JawZ could confirm whether that works with older versions of MO?

I have an install of MO version 1.2.18 and from what I can tell the installer works just fine.

Marked for Testing.

Just so that everyone is aware, there is a bug in the current FOMOD installer in MO for those scripts using dependencies (this mod does). When you use the back button to change options, then advance to the next page the new default selections will now longer be highlighted, and will be in a non-usable state. Bug looks like it will already be fixed in the next release so until then, if users submit issues with the installer you can tell them it's MO and is getting fixed so update with the next MO release: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1257

Does this make any NPC tell their dog to quit yapping and then proceed to light them on fire if the animal doesn't listen? *grin*

Edited by Guest

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I want to know what kinds of edits will conflict with this mod. For instance, if I remove one of the shelves from behind Hulda and add an oven, (from Hearthfire) would this or an edit like this cause a conflict? I like to take ideas from popular mods and just add the parts that I like and leave out the rest. I've added a roof above the guard shack on the left as you enter Whiterun. I've added a fire, cook-pot, and a few idle markers near the fast travel boat guy in Dawnstar. So far I've only edited navmesh in one place where I added one edge to make a face so that an npc can reach an idle marker to lean against a rock near the boatman in Dawnstar.

If edits like this will indeed conflict with Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul, what is involved in making a patch? I also want to thank you for this revolutionary mod and as soon as I am able I will be donating to your efforts.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I want to know what kinds of edits will conflict with this mod. For instance, if I remove one of the shelves from behind Hulda and add an oven, (from Hearthfire) would this or an edit like this cause a conflict? I like to take ideas from popular mods and just add the parts that I like and leave out the rest. I've added a roof above the guard shack on the left as you enter Whiterun. I've added a fire, cook-pot, and a few idle markers near the fast travel boat guy in Dawnstar. So far I've only edited navmesh in one place where I added one edge to make a face so that an npc can reach an idle marker to lean against a rock near the boatman in Dawnstar.

If edits like this will indeed conflict with Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul, what is involved in making a patch? I also want to thank you for this revolutionary mod and as soon as I am able I will be donating to your efforts.

Navmesh edits are the biggest ones that will conflict. I doubt that replacing a shelf with an oven will mess with anything, but moving a bunch of stuff around is probably not recommended.

Love that my previous comment was seen to be evil by someone. None of you remember the 'Radient AI' demo from Oblivion then? 'That is a bad puppy!' 

Just wanted to clear up that I'm not into animal cruelty you miserable lot. 

Edited by Guest

Here are a few notes. I wouldn't call it bugreport since I don't have the time nor the motivation to try to reproduce it / check potential causes I have in mind, plus they might just be compatibility issues, or even issues not related to the mod (Though I doubt it, I've been using the rest of this load order for some hundreds of hours now...). Everything's related to the very beginning of the game :

1) Delphine isn't moving at all at the beginning of the game. Not paralyzed, just idle, 0 sandbox. I can still talk to her. Could be related to ASLAL ? (or is this the famous bug revealed by the last USKP ? The topic where I read about it is on nexus, and nexus is down when I'm writing this, so I can't check, but I believe there is a package somewhere which isn't working as intended anymore, and I think it was about Delphine).Yep, that's exactly the one, I'm not that crazy. Will be fixed in USKP 2.1.3 : 

• Fixing WITavern revealed a secondary bug that caused Delphine's scene with Orgnar in the Sleeping Giant to fail, resulting in her being permanently stuck in her room. (Bug #19368)

2) During the scene between Adriane and Idolaf, when you first enter whiterun : Idolaf only said half of his last sentence : "I'd rather bend my knee to Ulfric Stormcloak. Besides [missing]". Was late at night (game-time). Maybe just a package evaluation just at the wrong moment ? It's unlikely, but I can't think of anything else.

3) Sigrid (Alvor's wife) is sandboxing around the house when you enter with Hadvar. She seems to be headed to a marker at the top of the stairs when Alvor call for her just when you enter the room. Which look weird if she's already in the room (in Vanilla she's always downstair)

4) Just a request, this is a vanilla problem : would you have a look at Camilla's package, the one just after the player accept the quest to retrieve the golden claw ? When heading to the bridge, she always make 2 or 3 looong break, not even talking. No idea what's causing this (vanlla bug engine ?).

5) Upon entering Jorvaskkr, when the fistfight scene start, Njada ran at the other side of the room before starting to brawl. I know this sometime happens in Vanilla as well. Would be nice if the whole audience could move properly to keep watching the action. Skjor and an other one were staying still. (Aela, Farkhas and some others did it properly).

Edited by Kesta