Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Do I understand correctly that Immersive Citizens requires all DLCs to be present to work?  I've never been compelled to get Dawnguard, but now am actually contemplating it just to test out this mod.  It's really got a lot that I've been secretly hoping for since my first playthrough.

Agreed.  A quick way to set up a NavCut collision marker is to just copy one from a vanilla cell, then place it where needed and resize.  Hearthfire uses a ton of these markers (which is where I first discovered them).  The starting chests/workbenches located at the HF building sites make for an easy reference.

It's even more easy than that, you select the static object(s), then you click on "create a collision cube" button so you'll get a box with the perfect shape. Then you add a L_NAVCUT collision layer to that box.

Here is a screenshot to understand how to add a L_NAVCUT collision layer to a box: postimg.org/image/rnnb9d7mv/

The most annoying thing with JK's Skyrim is that this mod edit markers (xmarker, xmarkerheading), NPC references and trigger boxes which are used by quests and by some AI packages. As a result, JK's Skyrim prevents some quests and some AI to work as intended, it may also prevents the player to complete some quests. Besides, JKrojmal doesn't use a single L_NAVCUT collision layer and all his navmesh modifications are unnecessary (he doesn't add houses) and cause AI issues. This really demotivates me to do a tutorial to improve the compatibility of JK's Skyrim, because the cleaning work to undertake is way too big and complexe, and let's be honest, I don't have to pay for errors made by other people.

Does this make any NPC tell their dog to quit yapping and then proceed to light them on fire if the animal doesn't listen? *grin*

I've set a reset timer of 1 hour for the following sentences: Stupid dog / Good dog

Edited by shurah
  • +1 1

Navmesh edits are easy to remove. Markers/xMarkers have most likely been moved arround because they were located where he added clutter.

Care to elaborate on how moving a marker break a quest ? As I see it, the change is just that the AI-driven PNJ will be headed to a slightly different location than he is in vanilla, or this kind of thing, but I have very few experience with packages.

Also, your picture is too small to be readable :s can you re-upload ? Maybe it's possible to make some mator-ish magic to add those collision cube with the proper L_NAVCUT collision layer.

Out of curiosity, have people tried using ETaC with this mod? Are there gamebreaking problems, or just some small non-fatal errors?

As for city overhauls, I think this is as good reason as any to move to Dawn of Skyrim. It's also more gentle on my FPS.

• +1 1

This mod made me decide to try playing without ETaC installed and I have noticed that NPCs no longer get stuck in places they used to. This is not necessarily an interaction with this mod but with ETaC in general.

If it's not to much to ask, Anyone know of any compatability issues and/or conflicts (that may need testing) using this mod with Step Extended + Regs? (mainly regs mods)

I'm not refering to the heavily discussed JK and ETaC. I actually don't care for those at all. I prefer Dawn...but gave up on it due to the mod being abandoned.

Great mod. Playing it with only quest mods from REGS and Summerset Isles, so no conflicts. Would love to hear how testing is going. I'm no good at testing, as I get distracted by everything else going on and I just mainly wanna play. Obvious I don't look for problems, but if I see one that bugs me I'll bring it up :)

I'm starting over to add Knockout Overhaul. I tend to just start a new save when I add a new mod, so I don't get into the habt of adding mods everyday to kill my save in the long run.

I was wondering what I can do to put the Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp  at the bottom of my load order automatically in LOOT. Do I put a huge number under Priority Value?

Thanks.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

I believe that JK's Skyrim needs navmeshes, at least in Whiterun and Winterhold, since the mod adds some completely new areas around the Skyforge and the border of the city (at least this is my understanding). I'm not sure how detrimental moving xmarkers/xmarker headings/idle markers is to AI and quest events, but I've been working on a patch for Useless Shop Overhaul and have been moving them back to the locations iWiliBlecha originally had them. If I shouldn't move these things around please let me know.

Edited by mlbeller

Great mod. Playing it with only quest mods from REGS and Summerset Isles, so no conflicts. Would love to hear how testing is going. I'm no good at testing, as I get distracted by everything else going on and I just mainly wanna play. Obvious I don't look for problems, but if I see one that bugs me I'll bring it up :)

I'm starting over to add Knockout Overhaul. I tend to just start a new save when I add a new mod, so I don't get into the habt of adding mods everyday to kill my save in the long run.

I was wondering what I can do to put the Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp  at the bottom of my load order automatically in LOOT. Do I put a huge number under Priority Value?

Thanks.

Make the priority value like 950000. It should sort before ELE which STEP recommends at 970000.

Thanks actually, I added Alternate Start's plugin to the "Load After" section in IC's meta data and it ended up going all the way to the bottom, just above the plugins it needed to load before. Thanks :)

Also someone said that "No NPC Greetings" is in this mod already. So I guess it's not needed anymore. I don't know if it's true. I never tested this mod with STEP and the patches.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

• 2 weeks later...

NPCs clustering occurs when you use the wait menu. It's a vanilla bug which may become more obvious with my mod.

Hi Shurah, I'm using a lot the wait and sleep menus, for rp reasons. By "a lot" I mean several times by in-game days, when my character eats for example. And he sleeps several hours every night. Is it safe in the long run ?

EDIT : Shurah answered me in the Nexus thread. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2792539-immersive-citizens-ai-overhaul/?p=28040909

Edited by Elgar82

The 0.2.1 is up. The "Go Home" feature has been seriously improved (less annoying and still immersive) and I almost finished to overhaul the AI used by Whiterun's citizens.

Note that Delphine and Lydia still uses the vanilla AI, besides that, the AI of all other NPCs living in Whiterun/Riverwood have been fully overhauled.

Edited by shurah
  • +1 1

Awesome! I hope you don't run out of steam before being able to expand this to all of Skyrim!

And make patches for ETaC :devil:

No but seriously I've been meaning to drop by and say nice work! Glad things like this are still being made for Skyrim instead of all the silly mods.

Though it would be nice if someone came out with a patch for ETaC and the other issues with REGS, I'm bummed I haven't had time to try and fix it myself (or decide whether or not to update my PerMa guide because T3ndo stopped development possibly forever) I really miss this when I'm in my super custom install.