aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

Looks like Emerald did the masks, staffs, and most of the creatures for this update. Cabal did a couple of the creatures and of course armor and weapons (except for a couple pieces) are all his. Check out the Ash Spawn/Guardians, those are really good.

I don't think I'll ever stop using skyrimaguas' Unique Dragon Priest Masks. Those are brilliant and something that maybe Beth could have done in terms of making the masks unique. They are basically just color coded version of the same thing with special enchantments applied.

I like the new dragon priest masks. I've never been a fan of the more fanciful retextures, and I really love that the appearance of the masks now match the armor made from the same material. I'm hoping that at some point Cabal (or Emerald) will get around to retexturing the ingots and ores as well, so the appearance of the materials is also constant with the look of the armors.

wow i just went through the update process for book of silence and wow i am really impressed. SOOO much new stuff. I am loving all of the new creatures, the bonus dragonborn dlc stuff (acolytes and masks), the vanilla dragonpriest masks, draugr (ancient nord) weapons, etc etc etc.

Its almost mind blowing how good some of the stuff is. As am amateur texture artist myself i look at some of these pieces of work and im just in awe of how it was done. It would take me many more years of practice to be able to make something even close. '

its funny ive been working on my own set of dragon priest masks because i wasnt happy with psychosteves or apophysis (just wanted some plain ole HD masks without all the added paint and flare) and then just like that at the drop of a hat cabal releases this and crushes me haha ;)

anyways, good stuff. im very pleased to see all of this good work! and, like many other people, i too would love to see the daedric set come out very very soon (hint at cabal)

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be getting purple textures for the Skyforge weapons/armor. I have the Skyforge esp loaded after GDO and have tried re-installing it several times. Anyone else actually got it working?

-Edit: Just realized there is an actual optional fix download for this specific problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are better questions for the author on his nexus page.

As for the steel glass issue, if might be a FOMOD/Wizard error or that the author forgot to pack the armors into the mod. Another issue for the author. This doesn't effect STEP as our recommendation is the Glass - Golden option which works as intended.

On line 196 of the wizard.txt add the word 'Steel'. It needs to end up looking like: Case "Glass - Steel Grey"

They made the option 'Glass - Steel Grey' and the reference to the folder says 'Glass - Grey'.

That something that CaBal needs to fix or someone can fix it and send it to him to use.

I think some else is doing the the Wizard/FOMOD for CaBal so he might not know exactly how to update it or that changing a folder name will, indeed, break the install for that option if that's what happened. He has the usernames of the people that help him do this on his page so it might be helpful to contact those individuals and not CaBal.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if the Ebony variant causes issues with Improved Closedfaced Helmets. I first noticed the problem with the ebony helmet when the Ebony Warrior came up to me with no head. Just to make sure I tried the other ebony helmets on my character and, yep, missing head. Anyone know of a fix for this?

I will admit though, I was slightly intimidated when the Ebony Warrior came up to me with no head and said "The time has come.". Props for drama.