The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

It should be possible to create just a "flow correction" plugin that has the WATER ESP as a master and nothing more than the flow correction data in it. Yeah, it's another plugin, but...eh...some people will want it and some will not.

Yeah you are right, but Alty can call it 'WATER.esp' is thou likes. I'm cool with that. In the remade lastest version of WATER I tried to balance it so that it is less noticeable without these edits. I'm kind of adverse to world edits mainly because people don't do well with load order (why you no read) and the LOD cuts off to ocean at a distance because of the one LOD water per world limitation.

Edit: Yes a bare-bones version is possible, just leave the water textures though obviously.

Edited by Guest

Yeah you are right, but Alty can call it 'WATER.esp' is thou likes. I'm cool with that. In the remade lastest version of WATER I tried to balance it so that it is less noticeable without these edits. I'm kind of adverse to world edits mainly because people don't do well with load order (why you no read) and the LOD cuts off to ocean at a distance because of the one LOD water per world limitation.

We need to check and see if DynDOLOD fixes that "one LOD water per world" bit. I really haven't paid too much attention to the water LOD since I installed DynDOLOD.

Hmm interesting, but I don't see that myself because it would stil only have a selection of the one type of water in the world data I think.  You should be able to choose LOD water type per cell, not world IMO

Bloody hell, sometimes Skyrim is infuriating :

Sorry SP but I cant reproduce my earlier problem. What I described earlier I could reproduce after going back into the game ..

.. Now however, no matter what combination of WATER files I have installed, plugin without worldspace edits, or the Legendary one ( even without my reduced textures or with, without the meshes or with .. I can no longer reproduce any slow down in the areas previously affected ( I loaded up the save I kept next to the small waterfall in Lost Knife Hideout, plus went around a couple other places previously affected .. nada )

I am probably just going to have to put this down to Skyrim being Skyrim

Apologies for any undue concern caused.

I do already have a few plugins on the go with my own ideas for flow, spent quite a lot of time yesterday looking into doing my own plugins ( after wrestling with the Creation Kits quirks I had forgotten about like not allowing multiple masters by default, weird decision ) .. But it seems I may not need to do them after all .. Back to more testing  :facepalm:

@ Tech - I let Utumno know about the problem found earlier today with Wrye Bash development builds and the back button issue in the Wizard https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1525110-wrye-bash-thread-104/page-2?do=findComment&comment=24180058

But looks like it will be 307 before that gets fixed ..

So if there are any Wrye Bash users complaining about sub-packages being selected that should not be, then point them at the Wrye Bash issue and tell them not to use the Back button in wizards, currently it gets a bit confused if you go back and forth in the Wizard.

@ Tech - I let Utumno know about the problem found earlier today with Wrye Bash development builds and the back button issue in the Wizard https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1525110-wrye-bash-thread-104/page-2?do=findComment&comment=24180058

But looks like it will be 307 before that gets fixed ..

So if there are any Wrye Bash users complaining about sub-packages being selected that should not be, then point them at the Wrye Bash issue and tell them not to use the Back button in wizards, currently it gets a bit confused if you go back and forth in the Wizard.

Thanks for the heads up. Same to you about the FOMOD installer (after I rewrite it...works perfectly fine right now). When you use the back button to change options, then advance to the next page the new default selections will now longer be highlighted, and will be in a non-usable state. Bug looks like it will already be fixed in the next release so probably no reason to by concerned: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1257

No problem Alty, but my offer still stands if you dhange your mind and fancy doing a alternative version we can include. That goes for anyone else here if you think you can improve anything at all in RF. I'm open.

:) Thank you. Also I squished a user uploaded image a few days ago, forgot to mention

It was a lady with way too much hangin' out, holding what looked like the top edge of a giant slice of Pizza - I assumed it was some form of advertising spam .. definitely off topic visually anyway for The Ruffled Feather .. But apologies if you wanted the pleasure of culling such things, or if it was a special delivery for mod authors .. Like a more realistic looking cookie emote, but with Pizza, and erm .. other attributes

Sounds about the same level of weirdness on some of those endorsers' of my 'Love Bed' resource I checked out. (NSFW link >>) Hmm... Nope!

What makes it worse is that lighting makes my textures look like crap. ;-)

Hmm interesting, but I don't see that myself because it would stil only have a selection of the one type of water in the world data I think.  You should be able to choose LOD water type per cell, not world IMO

I'm not gong to pretend that I know what Sheson is talking about but here was his reply: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5011-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-137/?p=134326

• 1 month later...

Just updated this again which was hard as I am very tired after running around everywhere today. My day off feels like work, heh.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you guys could give any feedback on anything I have recently updated. I get very little to no feedback on the Nexus now. I'm quite happy with my recent changes to the rocks and Whiterun. I know you guys probably don't use a lot of the stuff, but my ice mod was looked into recently and chosen for STEP, which I said was surprising myself. That was good feedback without getting any word! I know you guys have a lot on with many mods, but it would be great to hear if anyone uses anything outside the STEP options and your thoughts.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Guest

Strangely enough, I downloaded V.3.7.4 last night!  Why didn't I wait?  Lol.

Actually, The Ruffled Feather has been on my list for a while now as I've been using several of these mods since my first playthrough, and compiling them into a single fomod installation is a good idea.  I've been meaning to both update any mods that I'm using previous versions of, as well as sampling those that I haven't yet.

You do mighty fine work SparrowPrince.  Thank you!

Gracias Fixas here we come!

Thanks very much. I usually take it as people are happy with everything mostly so that's why they don't come in and tell me. Usually I find people comment straight away when something is wrong or we overlooked something. While that is nice, it kind of feels a bit depressing - well the comment box does. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, do you know if any mod uses "WHlanddead2.nif" which I think sits in "Meshes\architecture\windhelm"? I'm downloading SMIM, but don't know of any other mods which might edit it. ELFX might. Not sure.

Edit: Might be "WHlanddead1.nif" too. I still need to check both over.

Edited by Guest

Well doesn't look like ELFX or SMIM edits this so yeah... There are errors in both meshes where there are hidden polygons stuck inside the big "500" wall memorial with names on it. Does anyone know if the siege of Windhelm blows a chunk out of that memorial? I am going to say no, but if it doesn't I can remove those polygons the player doesn't see and optimize it. I'll probably leave the collsion though as it's rather basic anyway. Also the ivy has "fire refraction". LOL

Edited by Guest