The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

Might have missed one file. I downloaded a file in the thread and the one you PMed me. Applied the one in the thread and then the pm file last. If there was more than one, then I missed it. I'm at work and will not be home for another 6hrs so I can't confirm anything solid.

I will probably tamper with it myself so no worries. It is 8:30 here, but if you missed my 'Version 1' file then that is probably why. I did mention it, but you must have missed it. I might to a AMB comparison in a moment too.

Tech does "sp_wrstone.dds" need to be in all 3 options? I thought it would just need to be in the grass and no grass options, not the custom textures folder right?

Also, there is "170 Grassias Fixas - Whiterun Textures" can I put the new green one as "170 Grassias Fixas - Whiterun Textures Green" still with the "170" in it? That won't fudge anything up will it?

For AMB, pay close attention to the grass areas in top of the rock walls around the buildings. There was some stretching in these areas.

Yeah, it can be removed from the textures option. I'd love for that texture to be made compatible with other mods because right now users are forced to use it when using your meshes or they'd get the famous purple well.

Yes, you can do that for the green grass option. That would be the proper way for BAIN formatting.

I will, but what about the other stuff? lol. I am just making sure all is well and I not going even crazier with my thinking on that stone texture.

My god I prefer green for Whiterun:

13268-0-1431721225.jpg

Edited by Guest

I am not sure what you would want me to replace it with though. The default well texture uses the stairs and stone trim textures. Certainly not suitable. If anyone wants to re-texture for their texture pack, they can certainly do so.

I tried to make it look like the other well tops around farms. I wanted to give it a more yellowed-stain look though. The file is now up, let's hope it is all okay. I have double checked with my super ancient NMM version. :;):

Tech, would you like to see my sort of grass trim style for Cabal's wall tops? It is probably all I can offer as I have only those file backups, but would that be okay?

Edited by Guest

Oh dear... There is a major problem with Cabal's wall. It has lots of transparent holes in it. I thought I had cocked up, but no. I will just have to give it a grass/black background to fix it.

I see that line you mean Tech, I thought you meant the mesh edge as I could not see it fully on my phone. I will look into that now. He seems to have done the top trim of the grass too big for the rest of the grass size, so I fixed that too.

edit: Found it. The diffuse was not perfectly seemless.

edit 2: Added to RF.

edit 3:

Bugs fixed:

- Transparent holes in "wrstonebase02.dds" are now black.

- Made "wrstonebase02.dds" actually seamless.

- Fixed texture denisty on "wrstonebase01.dds" and added my grass trim format.

- "wrstonebase01_n.dds" and "wrstonebase02_n.dds" are now half resolution

uncompressed like it says on the mod page (not full resolution uncompressed).

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the update! I've downloaded for my records. I would say that if any more texture compatibility packs are added that we should separate Grassias Fixes out of the main mod and into an optional like EDT is. This will keep both the file sizes down and the number of files on the downloads section organized. I detest mod pages with a ton of optional files that you have to scroll forever and pay special attention to in order to find the right file you're looking for. Case in point: SFO ...a person can easily get lost in there!

I know you would think I would say this, but I enjoy my textures much more. The grass hides those leftover seams I cannot fix without a total texture revamp, the wall normals hide the mesh edges better, and I like the extra depth of the cobbles. Cabal's texture's are well done, but they deviate quite a lot with the grass. The grass looks too busy for me and  shows the stretching up quite bad. I think that is what you were on about, and it would have been even worse with vanilla meshes. I am guessing now, that I probably did not need to make a patch at all. Should I remove it as the bugs would actually be cut off stone caps, if there were any? I could keep the fix up for the wall.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but you can do whatever you want. Your mod. ::P: STEP will not be able to compare for some time. My free time has been minimal lately as I'm currently working 10 days with only one day off in there. I'm tired and end up in bed earlier. So it will be a bit before I even have a chance to look over your edits to AMB.