Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Well I failed again for the third time in a few years to try and get through to Vurt in a non-pushy way to think about an installer to tidy up that page. I was virtually offering to help find someone, but it fell through again. It's like watching one of those horder shows where the stubborn guy wants to keep his 20 empty boxes of Cheerios. It is obviously his choice, but I was only trying to be helpful.

We still love you though Vurt!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know, which texture/mesh the purple/blue flowers (the ones that look like Deathbell) have? They completly break immersion by not being interactive, so I'd rather remove them.

Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde

• 5 months later...

So going by the comment on the last page, the only reason why SFO2+ isn't in STEP is the added meshes while STEP tries to stick to vanilla as much as possible?

Just asking as I started using Enhanced Landscapes which contains LOD billboards for vanilla and SFO (2+) trees. While the colors of LOD trees added by EL improved alot for ENB users, I notice wrong LOD trees from time to time and as I'm using the STEP recommended 1.87 I guess the rendered trees of that version don't match the LOD trees of the newer version.

So I'm gonna upgrade I guess. Anything that one should pay attention to when upgrading? And new files that should be hidden? Any new compatibility patches for other mods that weren't needed before?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For my latest installation of STEP extended I decided to try SFO 2.3 plus the medium-res textures and SFO on Steroids optionals (iMinGrassSize=75), I also downloaded the TES5LODGen billboards for that version to overwrite STEP's included ones.

All in all I gotta say it looks pretty good and the optional add-ons keep the mod manageable for performance purposes. I know that STEP's aim is to stay as close to vanilla as possible, but I believe that some advice on using the latest version would be really helpful. Did I overlook something there?

Well I failed again for the third time in a few years to try and get through to Vurt in a non-pushy way to think about an installer to tidy up that page. I was virtually offering to help find someone, but it fell through again. It's like watching one of those horder shows where the stubborn guy wants to keep his 20 empty boxes of Cheerios. It is obviously his choice, but I was only trying to be helpful.

We still love you though Vurt!

I know this was posted a while ago, but I saw activity on the thread today and it reminded me.

I actually offered to do this for him recently and the offer was accepted as far as making an installer for any new versions and its optional files. If I can do it, I will also make the offer for the other 'main files' and their optional files as well. Whether or not he remembers to prod me about it before the next version is another matter XD

• +1 2

I wouldn't even know where to begin there WAS so so much outdated and useless junk on his files tab. At least you incorporated all my useless junk in one file Tech. At least you know what you are getting and can move around it if you don't want it. ;) 

Even if he doesn't remember, just grab it and the optionals and make it anyways. Then simply say...here you go, it's done! As if it was simply your job to make it. I've done that for a few authors and I'm eyeing Embers HD as my next target. :^_^:

Thats pretty much what I was planning on. I've done that for a few other mods myself.. I probably won't tackle the Old files. That's a mess and it can stay that was given that vurt doesn't support people using them, but everything else I will be trying to clean up.