Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

huh. This is the first I've heard about the mod being removed. I was considering just going with the HD DLC, skipping the big 3 (as they require a ton of time/bandwidth to download for me), and just using the smaller mods. I guess this gives me a bit more reason to do so.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just got updated, if anyone cares.

Put back "This folder.txt" for Soul Gems Differ that went missing in v1.73.Added support to combine Weathered Road Signs.

Added support to combine WATER.

Added support to combine Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar.

Added support to combine Real Ice and Snow.

Added support to combine Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE.

Added support to combine Quality SnowFlakes V2.

Added support to combine Langleys Wood Metal and Stone Textures Workshop.

Added support to combine HQ Towns and Villages.

Added support to combine High Realistic Tundra Moss.

Now supports Ruins Clutter Improvement v2.4.

Now supports Lush Trees v1.4a.

Now supports Designs of the Nords v1.5.

Minor tweaks with file priorities.

It just got updated, if anyone cares.

Put back "This folder.txt" for Soul Gems Differ that went missing in v1.73.Added support to combine Weathered Road Signs.

Added support to combine WATER.

Added support to combine Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar.

Added support to combine Real Ice and Snow.

Added support to combine Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE.

Added support to combine Quality SnowFlakes V2.

Added support to combine Langleys Wood Metal and Stone Textures Workshop.

Added support to combine HQ Towns and Villages.

Added support to combine High Realistic Tundra Moss.

Now supports Ruins Clutter Improvement v2.4.

Now supports Lush Trees v1.4a.

Now supports Designs of the Nords v1.5.

Minor tweaks with file priorities.

I grabbed it because I still have a lot of the SRO textures.

I've decided to create a custom TPC for myself. It'll have the SRO files (just not 1.6...didn't get it in time) combined with the updated TPC 1.81. I'm using mostly lower res textures; 1024x1024 where available, because of my system. All the credit goes to the mod authors, I'm just tossing it all together. The file product will be a completed Combined archive folder ready for WB.

I'm having to do this by hand and compare files to the .bat file because all I have to work with for the SRO files is a previous combine folder (i was dumb and didn't keep the original SRO files...it'd be wonderful if Starac would be kind enough to provide those to me for my own personal use :thumbsup: ) so it may be a day or two before it's completed. Should run good on my 1GB VRAM system. :cool:

I started this because I was going to make a SRO free version of TPC. If Cestral liked it he could have it. Then I seen just how many comparisons it would take and many of those textures look the same, IMO. I still may do that but it'll takes weeks probably. I could throw together a quicker version that simply replaces the SRO textures with those from Skyrim HD as a quick fix. Completely replacing SRO would take hours and hours of comparisons. I see now why Cestral dreads doing it. Haha!

Btw... does anyone know of a better texture viewer for comparisons than Windows Texture Viewer?

Yeah, redoing everything would be painful. It's not even as "simple" as just replacing the SRO textures, one also needs to keep in mind surrounding textures. I don't know how many textures that have been skipped from other mods because SRO has had better alternatives. One would have to go through pretty much all of the other mods if it were to be done correctly. Yes, it'd take weeks. The only way to do it quicker would be to cheat.

Additionally, I very rarely base my selections on how textures compare in a texture viewing tool. They can indeed be helpful, but there's nothing like looking at the stuff in game.

I don't want to use the big 2 packs, but there are a lot of little texture mods for TPC that I will use. So I'm wondering if I can use TPC without the 3 Required texture packs? It should work in my mind (it should just report that the tex from those mods are missing) but I'd like to get confirmation :)

Yeah, redoing everything would be painful. It's not even as "simple" as just replacing the SRO textures, one also needs to keep in mind surrounding textures. I don't know how many textures that have been skipped from other mods because SRO has had better alternatives. One would have to go through pretty much all of the other mods if it were to be done correctly. Yes, it'd take weeks. The only way to do it quicker would be to cheat.

Additionally, I very rarely base my selections on how textures compare in a texture viewing tool. They can indeed be helpful, but there's nothing like looking at the stuff in game.

For some reason I completely missed your post earlier. (3hrs of sleep.... :wacko:)

Thanks for the advice! I haven't even started on my personal project yet. (been working on a client computer all day) Since I only have a completed TPC combined folder, there is a lot of work in my future to figure out which are the SRO textures. Since I don't have them separately, it's the only way I'm going to be able to keep the SRO textures; hand selecting them out of the combined folder. :ninja:

I sent Starac a message asking if he'd be kind enough to provide them to me for my personal use...I'm not expecting much from that, but I can hope!