Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

I won't pay a cent for a mod created by anyone. Asking for donations for a mod if you like it is one thing but limiting your mod to only thoes who donate is completely ridiculous and should never be endorsed or condoned in any situation or site and as some have said its against the law and not just nexus's rules. I say good riddence. There are other mods out there created by mature authors that are just as good that i have just used last night as i did a fresh install and removed everything to do with SRO

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besidilo Wrote'Besidilo''16682''1355428536'

SRO is now reported as "Under Moderation" and Starac has been banned for requiring money.

Link

This is a BIG lie! Here is my last post:

I have deleted all files from the SRO main page. In the future i will send new updates to the people who supported me through donations.

Thanks to all the people who recognized quality!

It is kinda logical that i should send new updates to those people. They give me their money! I did not ask for the money! Those Nexus moderators are so stupid!

After this and after some comments here i'm glad that i have removed SRO. 

But i'm not surprised. I know people very well!

What about the people who have always supported you by endorsing your work, commenting on it, encouraging you and giving feedback on any developments, promoting it on various forums, including in their Skyrim modding guides, texture compilations or even torrenting it (sharing their bandwidth with other users), because it was that good? Do they not count because they didn't want/couldn't pay you for your free work?

Excuse me but SRO is extremely underrated. Extremely! And it is by far the best and biggest texture pack. Did you notice this? So don't talk about support. Ok! 

And I have give you this for free! Months of the work, over 1000 hours! I did this for myself in the first place. I did not play Skyrim until SRO was finished.

So you're basically telling people that didn't donate you money (Because they have to pay for other things.) To Sod off.

That's totally not creating pay content, and restricting user that didn't donate in the first place.

I.E It's completely unfair and again, goes against the Skyrim EULA. You are not allowed to force people to pay money for mods. It's not just against The Nexus's Rules, it's against the LAW.

People like myself and many others have endorsed, commented, and praised SRO, I even defended you when you stated that it shouldn't be mixed with other mods (As they do artistically clash.) But you've been acting horribly childish and unfair and this was just the tip of the iceberg.

I have said to the people that SRO is deleted. That's what i said. And i'm gonna send new updates to the people who supported me. 

This is so simple to understand.

I did not said; i want your money for updates.  

Once more; mod is deleted! I'm gonna make new updates for myself and you know who. I cannot send updates to 200 000 people. Why did i then delete mod in the first place! 

SRO is now reported as "Under Moderation" and Starac has been banned for requiring money.

Link

I have deleted all files from the SRO main page. In the future i will send new updates to the people who supported me through donations.

It is kinda logical that i should send new updates to those people. They give me their money! I did not ask for the money! Those Nexus moderators are so stupid!

This was handled poorly in all aspects including comments and even including a few of my own comments. For that, I apologize.

However, I can see the Nexus side on this. Your comment, "In the future i will send new updates to the people who supported me through donations." Completely translates to, "You paid for my content so only you will get future updates." I can see your logic in do that; however, in doing so you are creating a separation between donators and non-donators. You've established that only past donators will get your mod. This is what is breaking the rules regardless whether you asked for those donations or not and what led to the Nexus ban. As Besidilo said, not everyone (myself included) can afford to donate so we provide support in other ways, such as my supporting STEP by providing wiki content. This type of support benefits everyone; whereas, donations only benefit you.

Your mod, SRO, is great and everyone respects it and the work you've put into it. We would love to see future content and updates. However, the one thing you must understand is that other individuals have the right to talk about and recommend (like STEP and TPC does) your mod to other individuals. You don't have to like it or agree with it but those are the rules and it's just one of those things that comes with the modding territory. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

I have said to the people that SRO is deleted. That's what i said. And i'm gonna send new updates to the people who supported me. 

Can you provide a way for future people to support you? I don't mean in donations and money because you haven't asked for that, but to those of us that love your content and wish to still use it but can't afford to pay for it? Or are you not interested in doing so? :ermm:

Excuse me but SRO is extremely underrated. Extremely! And it is by far the best and biggest texture pack. Did you notice this? So don't talk about support. Ok! 

********!

It is probably one of the most well known Texture Mods next to Skyrim HD, which was only rated higher because it was FIRST.

I can talk about support all I want because I SUPPORTED YOU.

And Yes, By LAW, if you distribute anything that derives from Skyrim, that can only work FOR Skyrim, It must be by their EULA, their RIGHTS. FOR FREE! If you need to be compensated for something that is a glorified Hobby, then you should really consider getting a job.

And I do understand what you are saying, that you give your downloads to those you donate. The Problem is you're still restricting people who haven't paid for people who HAVE. Which is still illegal.

Alright, I'm gonna call it here guys, this thread has been derailed enough.  SRO is gone from the Nexus and no longer concerned with regards to TPC.  With that in mind, and despite my interest in seeing it discussed, the debate needs to stop here in order to keep this thread on target.  I don't want to "silence" anyone, but these forums (and in particular this subforum) are not the place for this, so let's all give it a rest and just deal with what happened.  

This is my in-formal warning for everyone, so if you guys keep pressing it I'll remove any responses and start issuing real warnings.  Let's get back to the issue at hand: how TPC is going to move forward and what kind of alternatives we're looking at as far as textures.

Link

This was handled poorly in all aspects including comments and even including a few of my own comments. For that, I apologize.

However, I can see the Nexus side on this. Your comment, "In the future i will send new updates to the people who supported me through donations." Completely translates to, "You paid for my content so only you will get future updates." I can see your logic in do that; however, in doing so you are creating a separation between donators and non-donators. You've established that only past donators will get your mod. This is what is breaking the rules regardless whether you asked for those donations or not and what led to the Nexus ban. As Besidilo said, not everyone (myself included) can afford to donate so we provide support in other ways, such as my supporting STEP by providing wiki content. This type of support benefits everyone; whereas, donations only benefit you.

Your mod, SRO, is great and everyone respects it and the work you've put into it. We would love to see future content and updates. However, the one thing you must understand is that other individuals have the right to talk about and recommend (like STEP and TPC does) your mod to other individuals. You don't have to like it or agree with it but those are the rules and it's just one of those things that comes with the modding territory. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Can you provide a way for future people to support you? I don't mean in donations and money because you haven't asked for that, but to those of us that love your content and wish to still use it but can't afford to pay for it? Or are you not interested in doing so? :ermm:
I'm not creating any separation. People in their heads are doing this.

I you for example have interpreted me wrongly, how is this my fault? And you cannot read my mind. 

And banning without asking for any explanation from my side!? Please!

********!

It is probably one of the most well known Texture Mods next to Skyrim HD, which was only rated higher because it was FIRST.

I can talk about support all I want because I SUPPORTED YOU.

And Yes, By LAW, if you distribute anything that derives from Skyrim, that can only work FOR Skyrim, It must be by their EULA, their RIGHTS. FOR FREE! If you need to be compensated for something that is a glorified Hobby, then you should really consider getting a job.

And I do understand what you are saying, that you give your downloads to those you donate. The Problem is you're still restricting people who haven't paid for people who HAVE. Which is still illegal.

My mod has about 1700 endorsements, Skyrim HD over 12 000! And SHD is only about 30 days older. 

Does this make sense to you!?

And this has nothing to do with money! It's about principles. Maybe you did notice reading my posts that i have very strong principles.

Does is not bother you that after a year you're still whining about Skyrim HD having more endorsements?

Is that all that matters to you? I haven't seen any serious modding community putting that mod above yours. Even then, it's their personal choice to do so.

You should just let it go, because you're clearly bitter about something you have no influence on.

Anyway, I'm moving on, hoping that Cestral will find a solution to problems that arise from the lack of SRO in STEP/TPC.

Does is not bother you that after a year you're still whining about Skyrim HD having more endorsements?

Is that all that matters to you? I haven't seen any serious modding community putting that mod above yours. Even then, it's their personal choice to do so.

You should just let it go, because you're clearly bitter about something you have no influence on.

Anyway, I'm moving on, hoping that Cestral will find a solution to problems that arise from the lack of SRO in STEP/TPC.

Stop feeding him.  Last warning for everybody.

It's clear to me that I'll be harder to replace all of SRO textures that were being used by TPC and in turn STEP unless Starac, out of the kindness of his heart, provides his textures to STEP users. I've been scanning over texture mods on Nexus and I find Skyrim HD to be overly sharp in most all the images provided. If no immediate replacements are found I would like to see either STEP or TPC or both incorporate TESV Reduced Texture Pack for the vanilla textures that would not be replaced. As long as they don't reduce quality (and I can't see that they do) it would be a good choice just to simply optimize VRAM. However, if most those textures are replaced by the HiRes DLC just ignore that suggestion.

It will be difficult at first. But something will come a long and take its place. Especially now that there is such a great need for it.

As for the reduced texture pack, some of the screenshots show a noticeable loss in quality (as you'd mentioned there was). I think if it were to be incorporated into STEP it would be as an optional file for those with low end PC's rather than a recommendation for the average user.

I have yet to explore alternatives and it will be somewhat difficult for me to do so as well, since, as most of you know already, I still have my connection issues.

Secondly, there is the question of energy and motivation from my part. I do want to expand the TPC, no doubt, but going back and revising every single choice I've made so far is going to be extremely tedious and time consuming. The choices I've made have been expecting the official DLC and the three required mods as a base.

The TPC will continue to have SRO support for those that still have the files. I am contemplating adjusting the batch for those that don't have the SRO files already, and remove the "required mods" part altogether, but it will create a duality in the development of the TPC that will be extremely inconvenient. Again, this will be very time consuming, and I have yet to come to a decision.

As for the relation between STEP and the TPC, if you still want to take advantage of the TPC, you should probably just take it for what it is currently, obviously discounting SRO. What you want to grab from there, is of course up to you. I have yet to load up an SRO ridden TPC merge to see which texture inconsistencies will pop up etc, but there will certainly be plenty of gaps. I don't think I will redo all this work anytime soon. It took me about a month of working every single day to merge the initial three required mods. I just don't have that kind of time right now.

We'll see what happens.

I think you have the right idea with removing required mods. SRO will be difficult to get a hold of for those who didn't already have them. As for its replacement, it will probably be some time before we see anything that extensive and of similar quality. And when something like that does come along, assuming you're still maintaining TPC by that time, the usual amount of work would be taken to test the package in relation to what is already there.

My point is, I don't think there is anything to worry about. I think the majority of us already have the 1.6 update and Dawnguard textures. And once the requirements are gone, it won't be an issue for those that didn't get them. We appreciate the work you are doing and understand that things may not be perfect going forward. But, like you, we will make the best of an unfortunate situation and continue to enjoy and support the work you do.