Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

Not really. I mean, there are exceptions, but most mods have textures hand picked from them, so you can't really install the complete updated mod right on top because you don't know what it'll overwrite. Additionally, the batch file has a sort of "load order" for mods so that you will get the best textures available even if you skip a few optional mods. Adding an updated mod separately can, again, overwrite textures with ones you don't really want.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lush Trees has been updated to version 1.4a

- Performance has been increased drastically.

- Trees should no longer pop-in as much if hardly at all now.

- Some tree fronds fixed so they don't hover. (Not really an issue from player perspective but

it's fixed) Work done in 3D program for optimal results.

- Tree branches now look less tiled.

- Removed tree "01" and "03" variations as they can't really be improved without clipping issues.

This should also increase performance but these are probably the fullest looking of Bethesda's default trees anyway so there is little need for improvement.

- Skyrim Flora Overhaul compatibility added back.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3385

As it says, he removed the files for the "01" and "03" trees. Nothing was added. Has a 'Skyrim Flora Overhaul' compatibility patch again though.

Is this version still not recommended as per the wiki?

It hasn't been updated in a while... doesn't look like it'll be any time soon either.

namotep

Last Active:

Aug 13 2012 11:22 AM

A month isn't really very long at all. 6 months without a login is my bar for assuming a mod is abandoned.

Yeah but the mod itself hasn't been updated since February and Flora Overhaul received a new version late last month.

Looks like 1.4a uses meshes for only 02, 04, and 05 instead of all 01-05 in 1.3.

It says right there in the changelog:

"- Removed tree "01" and "03" variations as they can't really be improved without clipping issues."

line 4288 of the light batch and 4300 or regular batch, esp file needs to be changed from:

call:combine "OptionalMods\SoulGemsDiffer\01 - ESP\Soul Gems Differ - E.esp" "Combined\Data\"

to

call:combine "OptionalMods\SoulGemsDiffer\01 - ESP\Soul Gems Differ - NS - E.esp" "Combined\Data\"

The first esp contains corrupted data, the second is clean.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite reading the last page, I'm unclear as to whether or not I can add in the 1.4a Lush Trees meshes on top of / instead of the recommanded 1.3 version?

I have resolved to stick to instructions religiously when in doubt but I figured Id ask on this one :)

I'm new to such heavy modding. The Texture Pack Combiner alone includes more downloads (going for all the optionals) than my whole last install did.