STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Because of the change in load order and install instructions:

For users that have had SkyFalls and SkyMills and SDO installed for a long while and merged the patch from SDO. You will have to reinstall SkyFalls and SkyMills and SDO to get the proper setup again. Make sure you have the latest versions of each mod before doing so and don't forget to move SDO up in the load order.

As of 2.2.9 DSR has been moved to the Patches section (I think before it was under Fixes), which may have created an issue.  The instructions for DSR include the following:

Besides the main file, also install the patches for aMidianBorn, Elemental Staffs and Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project.  These patches overwrite meshes in the associated mod, so they need to be installed after the mod (e.g., the Elemental Staffs Pack installs after the Elemental Staffs mod).

The problem with this is that DSR meshes now overwrite the meshes in the DSR patch for Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project (appears to be the only files that DSR overwrites), which seems to defeat the purpose of the patch.  My assumption is that the patch should overwrite DSR instead (which previously would have been the case). 

The Packs from DSR are suppose to overwrite the mods which they are for. In other words, the De-LARP Pack from DSR is suppose to overwrite the original De-LARP mod. As long as these Packs are installed after the original mods, then all is well. If you're following the STEP Guide, then you'll be installing these Packs towards the bottom of the list (after the original mods); therefore, there is no issue.

The issue here is you've taken the words a bit to literally and have moved the Packs up underneath the original mods. Don't. That bit of the instructions doesn't say to move anything...it just says they have to be installed after the original mod. Keep them under DSR which is where you originally installed them and don't move them, or just merge them with DSR during installation so you don't have to worry about their position as they would then be a part of the DSR mod.

Also, something I bit confusing me. I have installed STEP Extended.

1st version: Downloaded every single patch for every mods which are require patches.

2nd:

I'd like to use STEP Patches. If I have STEP Extended I need 2 STEP Patch?

- STEP Extended Patch.esp

Change Priority: 989000

Use these bash tags: Stats, Names, Delev, Relev

- STEP Combined PluginHF.esp (this plugin does not require any Bash info?)

Am I right?

Followed the following instruction:

Choosing the correct plugin:

• Do you own every DLC?
    • Yes, go to Step 2.
    • No, go to Step 4.
  • Are you installing all of the STEP Core mods?
    • Yes, go to Step 3.
    • No, go to Step 4.
  • Are you installing all of the STEP Extended mods?
    • Yes, use the STEP Extended Patch.
    • No, use the STEP Core Patch.
  • Do you own Dragonborn?
    • Yes, go to Step 5.
    • No, you cannot use any of the STEP provided plugins.
  • Do you own Hearthfire?
    • Yes, use the STEP Combined PluginHF.
    • No, use the STEP Combined Plugin.
Edited by kranazoli

You only need one patch. By the looks of it, the STEP Extended Patch is all you need.

My God, how noob I am.

Just now read:

Warning: ONLY USE ONE PATCH!!! The plugins are designed so that only one is needed.

But, also very thanks Angel! :)

What about these ones from Even Better Quest Objectives?

BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard;

BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire;

BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch

They are needed?

Edited by kranazoli

A new question again, now about METADATA:

Smooth blade draw and Sheathe

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1117/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1117%26preview%3D&pUp=1

"AOS Audio overhaul for skyrim is partially compatible with my mod, but put my mod after AOS in your load order."

(I guess it was written, when AOS was 1.51.3)

In STEP guide:

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim

AOS.esp

Load after:

• ADS.esp
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp
  • WetandCold.esp

I thought that's mean I should put AOS after then ADS; RW and Wet and Cold via LOOT.

Now, I'm again confused. :(

So, how can I understand these META instructions?

For instance:

Load AOS after those pathces, or load those patches after AOS?

If yes, I should load those plugin after AOS, than ADS description is wrong?

How, I understand:

According to STEP guide I should load ADS before AOS.

But on to the ADS site it says I should load AOS before ADS.

I hope anyone understand what I tried to express? :/

It's hard to express myself, but they seem to opposite, or I understand META infos wrong. :/

I put the the forwards from ADS and AOS in the STEP Patches, so you'd get the parts we want from one mod and the parts we want from the other. The reason I put the rule to load AOS last is that if you don't use the STEP Patches then you will get improper consistency in weapon sounds that were added in AOS 2.0. Also, if you load ADS last you need a patch with 26 records, but with AOS last it only needs to be 3 records.