STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

What's the deal with the change in the STEP guide for cleaning Dawnguard and Dragonborn regarding update.esm?  How was it before?  I'm wondering now if I have to go back and redo anything...

There shouldn't be any need to redo anything. The DLC cleaning has simply been moved to their mod pages.

What's the deal with the change in the STEP guide for cleaning Dawnguard and Dragonborn regarding update.esm?  How was it before?  I'm wondering now if I have to go back and redo anything...

No need to reclean. Change for consistency with official TES5Edit Cleaning Guide.

• 2 weeks later...

For SDO in Extended, the instructions include the following:

Patch

Do not install the SkyFalls and SkyMills Patch optional file, since it is now contained within the SkyFalls and SkyMills installer.

The patch is a texture, so the equivalent texture in SkyFalls and SkyMills would just be overwritten by the non-patch texture in SDO, given the current STEP installation order.  Unless I'm missing something obvious, it seems you might change the instructions to one of the following:

• Change the installation order of SDO and SkyFalls and SkyMills so textures in the latter overwrite the former (possibly the mod author's intent)
  • Hide/delete the texture (Tamriel.Objects.DDS) in SDO
  • Use the patch provided by SDO instead (it's the same file)

For what it's worth, the SDO compatible version of SkyFalls and SkyMills also excludes redundant meshes between the two mods (...meshesterrainTamrielobjects), and maybe other changes I didn't notice.

Hi!

Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows by EvilDeadAsh34

https://wiki.step-project.com/Closer_Quivers_and_Longer_Arrows#Recommendations

MO Users: The mod incorrectly adds a bogus dlc01 directory during installation. This folder is found in the root directory and should be removed.

Not for me. I don't have that folder in the root directory. I haven dlc1 under meshes folder.

Meshes

- dlc1;

- dlc1;

- Weapons

Is it OK, or shoud I remove dlc1 folder from meshes?

Thanks!

Edited by kranazoli

For SDO in Extended, the instructions include the following:

Patch

Do not install the SkyFalls and SkyMills Patch optional file, since it is now contained within the SkyFalls and SkyMills installer.

The patch is a texture, so the equivalent texture in SkyFalls and SkyMills would just be overwritten by the non-patch texture in SDO, given the current STEP installation order.  Unless I'm missing something obvious, it seems you might change the instructions to one of the following:

• Change the installation order of SDO and SkyFalls and SkyMills so textures in the latter overwrite the former (possibly the mod author's intent)
  • Hide/delete the texture (Tamriel.Objects.DDS) in SDO
  • Use the patch provided by SDO instead (it's the same file)

For what it's worth, the SDO compatible version of SkyFalls and SkyMills also excludes redundant meshes between the two mods (...meshesterrainTamrielobjects), and maybe other changes I didn't notice.

You're right. With the change, SDO should be moved up in priority above Skyfalls and SkyMills. /fixed.

Hi!

Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows by EvilDeadAsh34

https://wiki.step-project.com/Closer_Quivers_and_Longer_Arrows#Recommendations

MO Users: The mod incorrectly adds a bogus dlc01 directory during installation. This folder is found in the root directory and should be removed.

Not for me. I don't have that folder in the root directory. I haven dlc1 under meshes folder.

Meshes

- dlc1;

- dlc1;

- Weapons

Is it OK, or shoud I remove dlc1 folder from meshes?

Thanks!

You installed the wrong options (specifically the Explosive Bolts Visualized by Madcat221 option). Reinstall and make sure you use the Closer Quivers and Default Quiver option for Explosive Bolts Visualized by Madcat221.

You installed the wrong options (specifically the Explosive Bolts Visualized by Madcat221 option). Reinstall and make sure you use the Closer Quivers and Default Quiver option for Explosive Bolts Visualized by Madcat221.

Yes, you were right! Really, it was my fault. Thanks for the correction.