STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

I put the the forwards from ADS and AOS in the STEP Patches, so you'd get the parts we want from one mod and the parts we want from the other. The reason I put the rule to load AOS last is that if you don't use the STEP Patches then you will get improper consistency in weapon sounds that were added in AOS 2.0. Also, if you load ADS last you need a patch with 26 records, but with AOS last it only needs to be 3 records.

It is a little bit complicated to me. :(

I use STEP Extended patch.

Do not really understand what will happen if I load ADS first then AOS?

Or the opposite load AOS first and after ADS?

So, which one is better?

Edited by kranazoli

Load AOS last like the guide says. It is the correct order for what we want with the latest version of AOS. The STEP Extended patch also needs the AOS to load last because the masters will be out of order if not.

Yesss, Sir, understood sir!

PS: In which topic can I ask questions about issues after installed a fresh new STEP? I wasn't really active here, just usually read this topic and followed the STEP project.

I have two general bug whith my Skyrim.

- My games usually freezes when I use flames magic effect try to "kill" enemies;

- Ma games usually freezes when at the 1st time we reach Riverwood. With Hadvar or Ralof, it does not really matter. Right after they says "we are almost to Riverwood" and turning to tha last "corner" in front of Riverwood.

I have of course some other well known mostly Immersions mods installed as well, with patches if they needed, COT and the latest ENB but just for Shadow fixing, no other effect. The first one which is related to fire spell effect is really annoying me, and don't know why this is happen. :( I understood this topic is mainly for report bugs, and I do not want to spam this topic. Please help me, where can I ask some infos about my problems?

Thanks! Really thanks!

Well  it could be several things. First off I'd check to make sure your SKSE.ini is configured properly for the Memory Patch as per the guide along with ENBoost. If that doesn't fix it start trying the lower resolution versions of deadly spell impacts. Barring that remove Burn Freeze Shock and if that doesn't completely eliminate it remove DSI. If that still doesn't fix it you have another issue.

Well  it could be several things. First off I'd check to make sure your SKSE.ini is configured properly for the Memory Patch as per the guide along with ENBoost. If that doesn't fix it start trying the lower resolution versions of deadly spell impacts. Barring that remove Burn Freeze Shock and if that doesn't completely eliminate it remove DSI. If that still doesn't fix it you have another issue.

My SKSE.ini is configured as how STEP Guide writes. I am using the DL pre-conf skse.ini version with tint 768/256 patch.

I'll try DSI Low Resolution version.

btw: Which version is recommended from BFS.

- BSA or

- Loose file version?

"To achieve the best results, “Loose files†(non-BSA) versions of mods should be used when available. If a "loose files" version is not available, simply use the BSA version. DO NOT extract BSAs unless specifically instructed to do so in the installation instructions!"

STEP Guide does not mention use the Loose version of BFS. But, there is. If I am not mistaken in earlier version of STEP Guide Loose version was recommended.

Feedback: Switched to DSI LoRes, killed lots of chicken and seems to me stable. I hope it is solved that issue. Thanks again!

Edited by kranazoli

From 2.N in the STEP Extended guide I can not wrap my head around in what order things should be done. Also in what order things shall be placed in the LEFT PANE of Modorganizer.

-Should run LOOT a final time after installing FNIS?

-In what order in the LEFT PANE of MO should I place things?

Bashed patch last? Extended patch last? FNIS is final step so maybe that one last?

Sorry but the 2.N part of the guide feels like catch 22/contradictive. My character and follower have their shield floating beneath their feet (Shield surfing) and I suppose it has something to do with this.

I am a returning user of STEP over the years and it keeps getting better and better. Thanks guys!

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations

>>EXTENDED PATCH USERS:

Use these bash tags: Stats, Names, Delev, Relev

Should I set these tags on the Extended Patch from within wrye bash while creating the Bashed patch,0.esp in the next step of the guide?

https://wiki.step-project.com/Dual_Sheath_Redux#Recommendations

If using Better Shaped Weapons, be sure to install the Dual Sheath Redux version and let it override this mod. The latest 32-bit version of Java is required to generate the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.

Should I stop right here and go ahead and install Better Shaped Weapons before continuing with using the java patch?

https://wiki.step-project.com/Better_Shaped_Weapons#Recommendations

Notice: Extended users must load this mod after the Dual Sheath Redux Patches.

I can not see why this is mentioned as a notice. Following STEP to the letter will produce this effect, no? Since you will install DSR after BSW and therefore loaded after the DSR in the LEFT PANE of MO

Mod Order:

• STEP Patch
  • Bashed Patch
  • DSR
  • DSR Patch
  • Better Shaped Weapons
  • FNIS Behavior
  • FNIS Patch

Never hurts to run LOOT.

Tags must be added in WB during patching.

BSW can be installed after you've installed DSR.

It's mentioned because some users might mess up the install order...it's happened already...it'll happen again. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is an issue with Terrain Bump as part of the current STEP setup that you might want to consider. 

It appears that Terrain Bump was intended to provide improved normal maps for vanilla textures, and does this really well.  However, when using a texture that is different from vanilla (rather than a hi-res improvement) there doesn't seem to be a purpose in using the Terrain Bump normal maps, since the bumps don't match the color textures. 

STEP Core includes mods that provide improved textures, but that also differ from vanilla.  SRO, HQ Snow, Real Ice, SFO all have textures that do not match vanilla, and so do not match the normal maps in Terrain Bump.  These mods provide normal maps that do match their color textures, and even if the Terrain Bump normal maps were considered to be "superior", it seems like it would be better to use inferior normal maps that match the color textures than superior normal maps that do not. 

I've chosen to disable Terrain Bump since that seems to be the obvious answer, but I wanted to post this issue here in case it is an issue and hasn't been considered.

I believe there is an issue with Terrain Bump as part of the current STEP setup that you might want to consider.  It appears that Terrain Bump was intended to provide improved normal maps for vanilla textures, and does this really well.  However, when using a texture that is different from vanilla (rather than a hi-res improvement) there doesn't seem to be a purpose in using the Terrain Bump normal maps, since the bumps don't match the color textures.  STEP Core includes mods that provide improved textures, but that also differ from vanilla.  SRO, HQ Snow, Real Ice, SFO all have textures that do not match vanilla, and so do not match the normal maps in Terrain Bump.  These mods provide normal maps that do match their color textures, and even if the Terrain Bump normal maps were considered to be "superior", it seems like it would be better to use inferior normal maps that match the color textures than superior normal maps that do not.  I've chosen to disable Terrain Bump since that seems to be the obvious answer, but I wanted to post this issue here in case it is an issue and hasn't been considered.

Do you have any specific examples of this with comparison images or is all this just your thoughts on the matter?

Hello,

While helping a friend of mine getting through the STEP Guide, we noticed one little thing (not a bug, but I figured this was also the guide feedback thread, correct me if i'm mistaken) :

Under Section 2.D. Fixes, mod Weapon and Armor Fixes : the guide suggest in the special instructions page to add a LOOT meta rule (load Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp after Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp).

According to our finding, this rule no longer needs to be provided to LOOT, since the masterlist seems to have been updated accordingly.

Edited by Fereval