STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

:wallbash: This is the third time I've answered this just today today...but you are forgiven. Search the forum next time, though. Distant Decal Fix is not redundant. There are in-fact, 20 files that the USKP doesn't cover which can be seen in the conflicts tab of MO.

Oof. I'm sorry. I read the rest of the thread, but didn't search the rest of the forum. My bad, and thank you for your help!

This isn't really a bug, per se, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

In the guide, the detailed instructions for the Smart Souls mod in the 2.D. Fixes category mention having to create the Smart Souls.ini file by hand. In actual fact, as of the current version of the Mod Organizer, the file will be generated automatically when you launch the game. Then you drag the files from the overwrite folder into the Smart Souls mod.

Either way, the desired effect is achieved, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you weren't aware. ::):

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reinstalling S.T.E.P. 2.2.9 and have noticed that several mods have been recently updated on Nexus.  While I'm really glad to see some "old" mods getting a bit of love and attention, some of the file names have been totally changed with no hint as to which file is the correct one for S.T.E.P.  Some of the old files have been deleted as well so there is no clue as to which file needs to be used.

For instance, "Enhanced Distance Terrain".  S.T.E.P. recommends the Earth 1024 option from the FOMOD installer.  That file is no longer there and the new ones don't give a hint as to which one to use.  Additionally the old files have been removed it seems.  Now the options are "Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_65", "EDT 1-6" and "Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_5".  The last two are listed as the "old" files. There is nothing that says or points to the file being listed for use by S.T.E.P.

The "Earth 1024" is now contained in Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_65 as one of the options.

Just a heads up :D  As I find other files I'll make a quick note in this thread... Thanks again Dragon King for the redirection and link!  :)

Ciao!   :wub: 

Edited by Telessa

I've been reinstalling S.T.E.P. 2.2.9 and have noticed that several mods have been recently updated on Nexus.  While I'm really glad to see some "old" mods getting a bit of love and attention, some of the file names have been totally changed with no hint as to which file is the correct one for S.T.E.P.  Some of the old files have been deleted as well so there is no clue as to which file needs to be used.

For instance, "Enhanced Distance Terrain".  S.T.E.P. recommends the Earth 1024 option from the FOMOD installer.  That file is no longer there and the new ones don't give a hint as to which one to use.  Additionally the old files have been removed it seems.  Now the options are "Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_65", "EDT 1-6" and "Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_5".  The last two are listed as the "old" files. There is nothing that says or points to the file being listed for use by S.T.E.P.

The "Earth 1024" is now contained in Enhanced Distance Terrain 1_65 as one of the options.

Just a heads up :D  As I find other files I'll make a quick note in this thread... Thanks again Dragon King for the redirection and link!  :)

Ciao!   :wub: 

There was actually nothing wrong with the instructions. Just the way you were interpreting them was off. The "Earth 1024" option was always in the main file. It was never a separate file. I've re-worded the instructions a bit to be more clear to hopefully clear up the confusion. :thumbsup:

Dear Guys,

My question not really a bug, just a question I do not really undestand, and sorry do not know where should I ask it. :(

I use STEP Extended, but without STEP Patch-es, I use patches direct from mods DL sections.

2.D FIXES

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49791/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D49791&pUp=1

Why do not needed to use this patch:

CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons 2,941 unique downloads 3,731 downloads 2kb size Compatibility patch for use with either Weapons & Armor Fixes Complete Plus or True Orcish and Daedric Weapons.

Outdated?

Really thanks!

Edited by kranazoli

And one more patch I'm not sure wheter should I use or not:

(if I don't use STEP merged patches...)

1.) STEP Patches

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations

"Do not download or install.

- BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp"

From STEP Guide:

MO Users: (I use Mod Organizer)

Right click the mod > Information > Optional ESPs.

Move aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp from the lower pane to the upper pane. ---> Why?

2.) Even Better Quest Objectives

https://wiki.step-project.com/Even_Better_Quest_Objectives#Recommendations

"

Main/DLC Patches

• Main Plugin
  • Dawnguard (Full)
  • Better Home Location Descriptions (for Hearthfire)

Optional Files

• Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests (Unnecessary if using the STEP Patches)

Compatible Mods

• Non-Essential Children (Unnecessary if using the STEP Patches)
  • The Paarthurnax Dilemma (Unnecessary if using the STEP Patches)
  • Thieves Guild Requirements (Unnecessary if using the STEP Patches)

Please note:

• The Choice is Yours patch is obsolete."

STEP patches page, URL above writes:

6. BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp

7. BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp

Something is wrong I guess.

What about these two patch? I'm a bit confused.

If TheChoiceIsYoursPatch is really obselete please remove it from the patches lists.

Something also wrong with "AMBSkyforgePatch" or STEP Guide or STEP Patches pages. I guess it should be remove from somewhere, or put it the STEP guide.

And the last thing which is a little bit confusing me, as well:

3.) Weapons and Armor Fixes

Compatibility Patches aMidianBorn Skyforge Weapons

• Select nothing! Not used by STEP.

Not used in STEP?

AMidianBorn Book of Silence

WEAPONS

Choose Install all weapons (default) option and install.

"Move aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp from the lower pane to the upper pane."

Anyone?

PS: I am sorry for the long post. :/

I hope something is understand what are missing me.

Edited by kranazoli

It is clear :) nut not totally yet.

Are you talking about Even Better Quest?

I guess.

But what about Weapons and Armors mod?

The same?

"Compatibility Patches aMidianBorn Skyforge Weapons

• Select nothing! Not used by STEP."

I guess they are a little bit confusing or needed more info as well as STEP Guide and STEP Patches page.

Edited by kranazoli