STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Check if there is a SKSE folder in your Skyrim directory, I belive in the last STEP version it was ment to be created there and if you update...

That's not relevant at all to the description I linked to (which only uses the pure download from the SKSE site to create a mod, then adding the .ini file to it).

Also, in the ENBoost description, https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations, it first states:"STEP does not recommend downloading the Skyrim Nexus version of ENBoost due to incorrect settings for STEP."Then later, under the [MEMORY] section, it says:"Change parameters according to your video card (choose the enblocal.ini corresponding to your video card)."Only the Nexus version of ENBoost comes with video card specific versions of the enblocal.ini file, so there's a bit of confusion there (for example, should the rest of the [MEMORY] section be the default provided with the binaries or the ones supplied in the Nexus version (comparison below)?)Default:[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=falseReduceSystemMemoryUsage=trueDisableDriverMemoryManager=falseDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=64VideoMemorySizeMb=2000EnableCompression=trueAutodetectVideoMemorySize=falseNexus (for my particular card):[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=trueReduceSystemMemoryUsage=trueDisableDriverMemoryManager=falseDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=256VideoMemorySizeMb=1920

The description in the link only covers appropriate values of "VideoMemorySizeMb=" and "AutodetectVideoMemorySize=", so that leaves me confused regarding what to do with the rest of the ones that differ.edit: I hope I don't come across as ranting :) I love this guide, and I just want to see it be as consistent and complete as possible to reduce the confusion for users (and hence support topics that pop up on this forum)

Edited by AedanValu

In the SKSE install descriptions, https://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender#Recommendations, it says, under point 3, "Open the skse folder"...However, there is no skse folder in that mod when created in the way described in the rows above, so to avoid confusion, it should probably say "Create a folder named SKSE" or something similar.

Wording fix.

Also, in the ENBoost description, https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations, it first states:

"STEP does not recommend downloading the Skyrim Nexus version of ENBoost due to incorrect settings for STEP."

Then later, under the [MEMORY] section, it says:

"Change parameters according to your video card (choose the enblocal.ini corresponding to your video card)."

Only the Nexus version of ENBoost comes with video card specific versions of the enblocal.ini file, so there's a bit of confusion there (for example, should the rest of the [MEMORY] section be the default provided with the binaries or the ones supplied in the Nexus version (comparison below)?)

Default:

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=64

VideoMemorySizeMb=2000

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Nexus (for my particular card):

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=1920

The description in the link only covers appropriate values of "VideoMemorySizeMb=" and "AutodetectVideoMemorySize=", so that leaves me confused regarding what to do with the rest of the ones that differ.

edit: I hope I don't come across as ranting :) I love this guide, and I just want to see it be as consistent and complete as possible to reduce the confusion for users (and hence support topics that pop up on this forum)

EssArrBee will have to address this or someone that proficient with the ENB side of things.

What does "replaced by leveled list version in step patches" mean? What if I don't want to use the step patches?

Basically, it's been incorporated into the STEP Patches. If you don't want to use the STEP Patch (no idea why you wouldn't unless you don't own the DLCs) then you'll need the mod. If I'm not mistaken, the Combined Patch also has this incorporated which is more suitable for some users.

I'm not sure. I just like to know what's going on behind the scenes so I want to control all esps. That's all :-/. Maybe I'll use them. I'm going to have to re-do the entire STEP process anyway. Too much has changed to simply switch around some mods, ya know?

Also, isn't the amidianborn skyforge weapons patch from weapons and armor fixes integrated into the step patches? I don't see that listed. 

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations

Do we need to add bash tag to the STEP patch?

STEP Core just needs Stats, Names.

STEP Extended needs Statns, Names, Relev, Delev.

Combined Plugin needs nothing I believe. The Combined Plugin is designed for users that don't want to use the STEP Patches. It only requires DB and SMIM or HF, DB, and SMIM. All it does is combine the SMIM plugins, No NPC Greeting, add the leveled list more salt please, and No Spinning Death Animations. The last three had no assets like textures, meshes, scripts.... so they can just be merged into a plugin. The HF version forwards some records that HF needs which often get overwritten by other mods, like weather or housing.

Install SMIM, remove the plugins and choose the regular version or the HF version, boom, done. 

The five questions on the STEP Patches is so simple you can't get it wrong.

Also, in the ENBoost description, https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations, it first states:"STEP does not recommend downloading the Skyrim Nexus version of ENBoost due to incorrect settings for STEP."Then later, under the [MEMORY] section, it says:"Change parameters according to your video card (choose the enblocal.ini corresponding to your video card)."Only the Nexus version of ENBoost comes with video card specific versions of the enblocal.ini file, so there's a bit of confusion there (for example, should the rest of the [MEMORY] section be the default provided with the binaries or the ones supplied in the Nexus version (comparison below)?)Default:[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=falseReduceSystemMemoryUsage=trueDisableDriverMemoryManager=falseDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=64VideoMemorySizeMb=2000EnableCompression=trueAutodetectVideoMemorySize=falseNexus (for my particular card):[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=trueReduceSystemMemoryUsage=trueDisableDriverMemoryManager=falseDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=256VideoMemorySizeMb=1920

The description in the link only covers appropriate values of "VideoMemorySizeMb=" and "AutodetectVideoMemorySize=", so that leaves me confused regarding what to do with the rest of the ones that differ.edit: I hope I don't come across as ranting :) I love this guide, and I just want to see it be as consistent and complete as possible to reduce the confusion for users (and hence support topics that pop up on this forum)

For by far most users the only thing they need to change is the VideoMemorySize and ReservedMemorysize. 

Autodetect will always put in your VRAM amount since that is what you should use as a baseline value. Is it the best and most optimal value? Perhaps not since it depends on how much total memory you have to throw at the game. 

If you have 12Gb+ RAM you can use values for videomemorysize up to 8Gb. if you got more you can increase it further but not much point since it is almost impossible to get skyrim to use much more without starting to getting massive slowdowns due to bandwidth issues anyways. 

The reservedmemorysize is either 256 or 512 for just about all computers. If one does not work try the other. 

As for all the rest.. unless you start getting performance drops during panning the camera or during transitions you do not need to worry about changing them from the nexus default value for your card. 

In general the values suggested to you are a very good starting point. As you add more stuff to your game and you start getting into CTD and slowdown issues you can return and try to change the values. 

Hope that helps otherwise just ask which parts you want clarified.