Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I personally am liking RWL more. About performance, I can't tell any difference. I do have a very good rig though.

I have encountered an issue, and it's one of the annoying ones that you find mid play-through and ruins it because I think it has to do with leveled lists and if it's anything like Skyrim I'm guessing I might have to start over.

I encountered a naked Travelling Merchant. At first, I thought it might have been the Spice Of Life ENB bug, but I killed her and she didn't carry an outfit at all. Checked with FNVEdit, id was 163cbb, only mod that touches those is FNV redesigned 3. 

EDIT: I just remembered something more. The convict leader in Primm's Bison hotel was also nude. I didn't pay much attention to that then (I thought that was the case in Vanilla as well, since he is in the bed area when you walk in, don't judge). He is supposed to wear a Leather Armor, which the merchants also wear afaik. Might it be that it's a variant from Spice of Life that is missing or something? 

I'm 100% sure that the cause of this bug is Gun Runners Arsenal GRA - The Right to Bear Arms  

while it's a very cool mod, it does screw up some stuff including your problem with the leather

armor disappearing since There are a couple leveled lists that need flag corrections. 

Edited by omaroni
  • +1 2

Ojo Bueno Nuka Cola seems to have a ridiculously large performance impact for me, at least in Goodsprings where I was testing how well the game runs with my mod setup. Facing towards Doc Mitchell's house, the game runs at 60FPS without it, and around 45-48FPS with it. First is without the mod, second is with. I initially thought it was due to RWL, but no, it's due to a vending machine replacer lol.

Also I decided to remove DEIMOS, Afterschool Special and Bison Steve from my load order. DEIMOS isn't very good, and the latter two are mainly there to provide player homes, which I won't be needing now that I've got Mobile Truck Base. Added in King of the Ring because I'll be playing as an evil unarmed Legion sympathizer. Really liking how RWL looks too, very different atmosphere to Nevada Skies, seems more clear.

dCrb.png

eCrb.png

Edited by Jax765

I'm 100% sure that the cause of this bug is Gun Runners Arsenal GRA - The Right to Bear Arms  

while it's a very cool mod, it does screw up some stuff including your problem with the leather

armor disappearing since There are a couple leveled lists that need flag corrections. 

Thank you for pointing it out, at least I can be assured that it's not a major ****up on my part. Kill/Ressurect works for the time being.

EDIT: Another issue I found but quickly resolved is enemy NPCs pausing in the middle of battle, doing nothing, just staring at me, unequipping their weapons. The fix was to untick experimental detection AI in PN, some 4 hours played now and it hasn't manifested again, while it was pretty consistent before (every second bandit camp or so).

PS: Why does Google spell-check not include unequip and untick? :S

EDIT 2: @Jax765 as Ess said, you can either keep the esp or hide. I have kept it, I think the moon needs to be slightly bigger (Using the F&L Suggestion). But then again, I'm a Greek that's never been to the Mojave, so I go by what feels right in my mind. And a big moon definitely feels right.

EDIT 3 (because these forums tend to double-post and I don't like double-posts): 

Ojo Bueno Nuka Cola seems to have a ridiculously large performance impact for me, at least in Goodsprings where I was testing how well the game runs with my mod setup. Facing towards Doc Mitchell's house, the game runs at 60FPS without it, and around 45-48FPS with it. First is without the mod, second is with. I initially thought it was due to RWL, but no, it's due to a vending machine replacer lol.

Also I decided to remove DEIMOS, Afterschool Special and Bison Steve from my load order. DEIMOS isn't very good, and the latter two are mainly there to provide player homes, which I won't be needing now that I've got Mobile Truck Base. Added in King of the Ring because I'll be playing as an evil unarmed Legion sympathizer. Really liking how RWL looks too, very different atmosphere to Nevada Skies, seems more clear.

dCrb.png

eCrb.png

The nuka cola mod is not just a texture replacer, also includes a higher poly mesh as far as I know. So yeah, if your system is already strained it's going to eat up resources.
Edited by Marthenil

The nuka cola mod is not just a texture replacer, also includes a higher poly mesh as far as I know. So yeah, if your system is already strained it's going to eat up resources.

But a 10-15 FPS drop? Seems pretty extreme. Guess the mod author really went overboard with it lol.

Speaking of AI glitches, I sometimes see NPCs with the weapon holding animation, but no gun in their hands. Then a second later, the animation seems to reset as they pull a weapon out. Is this a vanilla glitch?

Souds oddly familiar to my issue... Is Experimental AI on in your MCM

You mean the stealth detection experimental AI? No, it's turned off. 

Speaking of Project Nevada, for slower leveling, should I just set experience gain to 50%? Or are there any other parameters I should change?

Edited by Jax765

You mean the stealth detection experimental AI? No, it's turned off. 

Speaking of Project Nevada, for slower leveling, should I just set experience gain to 50%? Or are there any other parameters I should change?

I use the F&L recommended settings, looks fine to me.

I was using the 2K lite version.

Hmm that is weird. Are you 100% positive it is the Nuka-Cola machine replacer? Did you by off chance install the Crossbow mods in the Misc Weapons section? If you can run the game at a solid 60 fps then I wouldn't think that the Nuka-Cola machine replacer (2k lite version) would bring you down nearly 20 fps. Though this game has some weird issues...