Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Are there any mods that make it so that enemies actually fall back when you kill them with your fists? Currently they just crumple into a heap unless you use a power fist or something.

Also are hair outlines a vanilla problem? Seeing them even with ENB off.

Finally, does anyone else get clipping with ghouls wearing hats? It's especially noticeable with Doc Holiday from New Vegas Bounties II. Part of his forehead sticks through his hat.

lErb.png

Edited by Jax765

Are there any mods that make it so that enemies actually fall back when you kill them with your fists? Currently they just crumple into a heap unless you use a power fist or something.

Also are hair outlines a vanilla problem? Seeing them even with ENB off.

lErb.png

Don't think this is a vanilla problem. It's a head mesh missmatch afaik (hair mesh is bigger than the head mesh). Or might just be the specific hairstyle (I have some too on some ghouls).

BTW - previously I mentioned how I was going to re-install mods to figure out why my framerates were so low with F&L fully installed (without the crossbow mods, btw).  Well, I only got part way and then took a break from Fallout NV to mod Skyrim instead for the time being.  So I never got through all the mods to figure out which ones kill the framerates.  As is, I reinstalled up to Nevada Skies.  I remember with no mods installed I was getting 60 fps all the time.  Where I'm at (from the beginning of the mod list down to Nevada Skies), I remember that I was getting from 51 to 60 fps on the street right outside of Doc Mitchell's house, seemingly dependent on how quickly I panned from side to side (the quicker I panned from front to back the slower the fps readout).  Anyway, figured I would mention this since people are discussing FPS.  I'm not sure which mod or mods have caused the FPS drop, but I actually don't think it was the texture mods... Not sure why I think this right now, but I think I vaguely remember disabling all the other mods and only enabling Poco Bueno just to see if it would drop the FPS down at all from 60.  Sorry, my memory of it is not perfect as I did this over a month ago...

Completely vanilla except for Darn UI and NVAC.

BTW - previously I mentioned how I was going to re-install mods to figure out why my framerates were so low with F&L fully installed (without the crossbow mods, btw).  Well, I only got part way and then took a break from Fallout NV to mod Skyrim instead for the time being.  So I never got through all the mods to figure out which ones kill the framerates.  As is, I reinstalled up to Nevada Skies.  I remember with no mods installed I was getting 60 fps all the time.  Where I'm at (from the beginning of the mod list down to Nevada Skies), I remember that I was getting from 51 to 60 fps on the street right outside of Doc Mitchell's house, seemingly dependent on how quickly I panned from side to side (the quicker I panned from front to back the slower the fps readout).  Anyway, figured I would mention this since people are discussing FPS.  I'm not sure which mod or mods have caused the FPS drop, but I actually don't think it was the texture mods... Not sure why I think this right now, but I think I vaguely remember disabling all the other mods and only enabling Poco Bueno just to see if it would drop the FPS down at all from 60.  Sorry, my memory of it is not perfect as I did this over a month ago...

Texture mods affect your VRAM more than anything. If it pushes the VRAM past your card's limit, you'll start to get stuttering and frame drops. So if you have a 2GB card like me, a reasonable number of texture mods won't have a major impact on performance.

It seems as though he took the original textures and doubled the size, so they're less blurry, but as a result, the ugliness stands out more.

It's just the linen. Linen is so tough to get right with textures, too low res and it's blurry, too sharp and it looks more ugly.