Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Oh yeah, that mod pretty did the same thing as EVE, so I dumped it. I think it was even more comical though. The blood spurts were like 10 ft high.

Yea I never actually used it since I knew EVE did something similar so I wasn't sure. Personally I don't really like the blood spurts either. Though it doesn't bother me too much as I find the ragdoll effects to be more comical than the blood effects. :P

Yeah, that alternative one is even more ridiculous lol.

Also, heads up for anyone using the Pipboy 2500 mod. Make sure to enable the weapon mod fix from the configuration menu in the aid section. It fixes the issue I was having with speed loaders appearing behind my character's leg, as well as some notification whenever I exited the pipboy with a modded weapon equipped.

Another thing, is Doc Friday's voice work meant to be unfinished in New Vegas Bounties II? His opening conversation is fully voiced, but after that, it's all unvoiced for me.

Edited by Jax765

I'm using Drags VGU armor pack (someone sent me a link), and it has around 3.5GB of textures and 400MB of meshes. Would it be worth packing into a BSA to improve performance/loading times? And if so, what program would I use to do that?

Edited by Jax765

Just tried using BSAOpt before you replied, worked with a bunch of other mods, but not the armor pack, mentioned that it'd be over 2GB and closed down. So would reducing the amount of loose files in my mod list by creating a BSA for some of the larger mods theoretically improve performance?

Guys I'm not sure what to do with these conflicts, they mostly involve NVR 3 ? 

fUBGkKf.png?1

wXZmO3g.png?1

VKOjVRZ.png?1

ruelHbX.png?1

First image give ADAM a Graphics tag and the last three give those plugins Invent tag with Wrye Flash. You do it manually before generating the patch by right clicking the little box at the bottom right.

Thanks a lot Ess for answering and for your amazing guide.

So there is no  way around not using Wrye, like manually editing them. I just had a really bad experience with Wrye screwiing up 

my game ( Well, mainly my fault to be honest ) 

Edited by omaroni

Thanks a lot Ess for answering and for your amazing guide.

So there is no  way around not using Wrye, like manually editing them. I just had a really bad experience with Wrye screwiing up 

my game ( Well, mainly my fault to be honest ) 

You can copy a record into a new plugin. Right click on it and seleted copy as override, then tick new plugin. The you can drag any confilcting records across into the new plugin. For inventory you just drag across to the empty space, for the Biped stuff and Repair List just overwrite what's in the new plugin with the ADAM stuff.

This bugfix mod for New Vegas Bounties II is meant for version 1.3, but it still fixes some bugs that have yet to be addressed by Someguy, like not being able to tell Ethan about Polly after capturing Red Bear and getting the note from Scull.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47984/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D47984%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Also, I was having issues with the Blood Hammer quest, where trying to enter the third floor of the apartment would cause a CTD everytime, and this mod fixed it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49319/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D49319%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Edited by Jax765

The FOOK optional files have some decent retextures for various clutter objects. I mainly installed it for the improved typewriter texture.

Also, whatever you do, I don't recommend optimizing the NMC textures. Only just noticed how badly it screws up some textures. First picture is vanilla, second is optimized, and the third is normal NMC.

hxrb.pngixrb.pngjxrb.png

Ourb.pngNurb.png

Edited by Jax765

Yet another question by yours truly, but, the ARMA 3 collimator optics tech has clearly spoiled me, and I happened on this awesome mod on the Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58496/?

There is supposedly some incombatibility with WMX, but, other than that, has anyone used it with a F&L install and if so, what issues arose? 

Edited by Marthenil