Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I'm having this weird issue where I can't clean Project Nevada Rebalanced and New Vegas Bounties II.esp. I open them up in FNVEdit and Apply filter for cleaning and do both Undelete and Disable References and Remove "Identical to Master" records but the text doesn't go bold and the errors still show up in LOOT.

I'm also having this weird thing where VATS is screwed up and I can't tell what percentages for hitting are amongst a bunch of other graphical errors. Here's a screenshot showing it.

Edited by Crimson13

not sure why you can't clean the project nevada module, but the bounties mod is not dirty per se, if I understand correctly. it has 2 deleted navmeshes, which seem to require a different "cleaning" procedure. I found a rather lengthy guide to fix this issue: https://www.iguanadons.net/Skyrim-Fixing-Navmesh-Deletion-Using-TES5Edit-511.html

deleted navmeshes don't seem to be that big of a deal. basically, if a different mod adds custom objects to where the deleted navmeshes are, then npc's like followers and enemies might have difficulties navigating around these obstacles.

I don't put instructions to clean navmeshes because it isn't that easy. If there was a script for it then I'd do so.

I've tried using the Hi-Res Eyes Replacer, but then I get the alien look again. I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one with the issue. Our configs should be pretty much the same, right?

You might need to tag those mods with Eyes in Wrye Flash and regen the Bashed Patch.

I'm having this weird issue where I can't clean Project Nevada Rebalanced and New Vegas Bounties II.esp. I open them up in FNVEdit and Apply filter for cleaning and do both Undelete and Disable References and Remove "Identical to Master" records but the text doesn't go bold and the errors still show up in LOOT.

I'm also having this weird thing where VATS is screwed up and I can't tell what percentages for hitting are amongst a bunch of other graphical errors. Here's a screenshot showing it.

That is a known VATS bug, it can appear in the vanilla game too. Basically, you have to move around from limb to limb until the targeting stuff disappears, then it will regenerate after a couple seconds. Minor annoyance, but not much we can do about it.

It's not that VATS bug, although that one has happened to me before. In fact this is really rapid with it's response speed, I tried moving to different limbs and there was no lag whatsoever. All the text is black and I can't see the percentages, I can't seem to figure out what's the problem.

Edited by Crimson13

"I didn't realize the MCM section was so lacking."

You're right.  The MCM is not lacking anymore.  What I should have mentioned was creating a section that mentions some of the mods that add in extra commands that aren't configurable through the MCM.  They would be features of mods that could easily be overlooked completely if you didn't read about them on the mod(s) Nexus page(s).  I believe the Powered Power Armor mod is one of them.  (Oh right, PPA = Powered Power Armor... You just mentioned that)

mooncarver - I seem to recall an optional in FCO where it added extra eyes or something... Actually, it might be eyebrows - not sure.

Crimson13 - So what have you done with your programs or mods between the last time things seemed to be working OK and now?  Did you update MO or TES5Edit or anything else?

MO I believe, I have 2 versions on my computer; one for Skyrim and another for FNV. And it will do weird ****, for example when merging patches the .esp file will go into the FNV MO overwrite that I used but the meshes folder, for example, will go into the Skyrim MO overwrite. And the Batched Patch for FNV MO won't go into overwrite, it seems to automatically go into the Batched Patch folder.

MO I believe, I have 2 versions on my computer; one for Skyrim and another for FNV. And it will do weird ****, for example when merging patches the .esp file will go into the FNV MO overwrite that I used but the meshes folder, for example, will go into the Skyrim MO overwrite. And the Batched Patch for FNV MO won't go into overwrite, it seems to automatically go into the Batched Patch folder.

It should after the first time you run it. I don't know why stuff is getting mixed up in your MO versions. Are they installed in your game folder?

I actually have that happen too - the thing with bashed patches.  With FNV & Skyrim bashed patches going into different places - one (FNV) into it's own mod folder and the other one (Skyrim) going into overwrite instead.  So every time I create a new bashed patch for Skyrim I have to remember to move the "Docs" folder from overwrite to "Bashed Patch" mod I created.

I used to have weird issues with MO.  I did a bunch of things at the same time to try to remedy the issues, and I don't remember all of what I did... but one of the things that may have fixed issues I was having was start loading MO using administrative privileges every time I load it up.  Though make sure you save your mod order before you try that because it will get jumbled up the first time (or any time you switch methods of loading MO if you aren't normally logged into Windows using an admin account) and that can be a major put down if you have no way to restore it.  And I didn't even install anything into "Program Files" so I don't know why it seems to make a difference...  but anyway, you might want to try that.

EDIT: oh, I think you may be having issues because you installed into "Program Files".  Not 100% certain, but I do know it often does cause issues with a lot of software.  Try my recommendation of loading MO using admin privs.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Do you guys accept suggestions?

I added fallout re-animated, but only installed the locomotion files, since vanilla running looks horrible, and even worse when using PN sprint. It works fine, at least for assault and rifle options 2 and 1 in WAR, respectively. The pistols look a little janky when running around, at least for the option i chose, which I'm pretty sure is option 4 (both hands holding it, pointed down)

It's packaged incorrectly, but that almost makes it easier. Expand data, meshes, characters, _male. Uncheck "_male", then check "locomotion"

Right click data and set as data directory, boom, done.

You can also add a step to remove the pamtidle and mtidle since those make better posture redundant.

You now will stride with a purpose through the wasteland, instead of being a robot.

Yes, I also have Steam in Program Files (x86). I changed it once and I didn't see any improvement or bug fix and I had to go through each of my games and validate them. I didn't see a point to not have in in the default installation and changed it back. Same with MO, I've never had any issues that involved having it in Program Files (x86). Why would that cause problems in the first place?