Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

It's because you've probably moved them around and the view did not refresh. Just right click anywhere in the left hand pane and select Refresh option. Sometimes it refreshes automatically, but sometimes you have to do it manually. I'd recommend manual refresh after each mod install, modlist shuffle, or file change (i.e. if you delete a file from a mod folder or overwrite folder) - just to be on a safe side.

The beauty of MO is that you don't REALLY overwrite the files, as each mod is installed in it's own folder. The order of the mods in left hand pane is in fact your "install order" (not LOAD ORDER - that's in the right hand pane!), so the files that are lower in the list "overwrite" the ones that are higher.

MO creates a virtual Skyrim Data folder based on the order your mods are sorted in the left hand pane.

You can shuffle the mods around without a need to reinstalling them, and they will be "overwritten" accordingly.

Ohmigosh I love you! So it was partly a dumb moment because I had read that several times in several places while educating myself on how all this stuff works and I just forgot lol. However! For some reason, it makes more sense now with the way you explained it. I think it'll stick this time! Thanks!!

I've been having a funky problem with MO since yesterday.

I am in the middle of setting up a new STEP build of Skyrim, and have been downloading and installing mods.  In initially setting up MO, I downloaded SkyUI just to test the downloading.  I then proceeded to download and install all mods up to the point of SkyUI in the 2.2.7 sequence.

I figured I would just redownload SkyUI since it was a small file and so I could keep it in sequence in my downloads listing (I would usually download a few mods then install them all in a row).

This is where my problems started.  For some reason, SkyUI was not downloading (stuck at 0%), while mods I indicated to download after SkyUI would continue.  I did already accept the prompt about a duplicate download.  After waiting a few minutes, I figured I would just cancel the download and use the one I already had.  After telling it to cancel, it seemingly accepted the command, though the download entry still remained stuck at 0%.  I figured I would just restart MO and perhaps that would resolve the issue.  Upon attempting to close, I got a prompt warning about "downloads in progress".  I told MO to close anyway, and the prompt disappeared, however MO did not close.  At this point, the program seemed to function perfectly normal, allowing a mod install, settings windows to be opened, etc, however the exit button became completely dysfunctional.  I had to end the task through my task manager to kill it.

Upon a restart, I found that the SkyUI 0% entry had disappeared, however the "download in progress" issue had not.  

Actually, as I am writing this I find that it is indeed still there, and just in a state of "download paused".  I removed the entry and now everything is working perfectly >_____>

Just for reference, I was running 1.0.3 and upgraded to 1.0.4 and still had the downloads in progress popup issue.

So at this point, I guess all I have to report is that there may be a bug with the downloads in progress prompt...?  Do I really have enough for a bug report at this point? Heh I didn't expect to fix the problem as I was writing up my explanation of it...

the mods getting stuck at 0% will happen to me from time to time, but not very often. When this happens, the best way to resolve the issue is to manually delete the mod file and its associated meta file (i.e. delete AwesomeModName.rar and AwesomeModName.rar.meta). These files can be found in the downloads folder of your MO installation directory (or whichever location you chose in Settings). Close MO before you do this, then delete the files, then reopen MO and they should be gone. If they are still there then you should now be able to get rid of them from inside of MO.

As for the frequency at which you are experiencing this issue, i would look at your MO settings that pertain to the Nexus servers and server preference and make sure you dont have anything messed up. Then, if all else fails and you are 100% certain this is not user error, file a detailed report with Tannin's bug tracker.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when this behavior happens with me, it seems to be caused when I attempt to download a file that is already in my downloads, it asks if i would like to proceed and rename the new one, I choose 'no' in an attempt to cancel the new download, but then the download goes into its perpetual 0% state.

I don't have the High Quality Texture Packs. At least nothing above 2048x.

A year ago my MO Mod folder was close to 20GB. so All extracted=25GB.

So you should be safe but if your worried and you have all the Mods DL right click the folder->hit properties and see the total. But I'm sure you knew this.

If yea haven't DL STEP and your other mods. It can't be more than 25GB extracted.

I don't have the High Quality Texture Packs. At least nothing above 2048x.

A year ago my MO Mod folder was close to 20GB. so All extracted=25GB.

So you should be safe but if your worried and you have all the Mods DL right click the folder->hit properties and see the total. But I'm sure you knew this.

If yea haven't DL STEP and your other mods. It can't be more than 25GB extracted.

Yeah, . . forgot about that, but wasn't worried just needed an estimate before i unpacked everything.  I have plenty of room so unpack it is.

Hello, So i am coming up to a rather persistent issue.

I would say i am proficient in installing mods, comfortable with MO. Recently got back into Skyrim and installed MO1.0.4 (now with NCC prepackaged)

upon installation (with everything seeming to be working to specs), i have the cautious road sign light up (the last icon on left at the top right hand side of the application, next to the update and help icons). It informs me that my Python and dotNet are an issue. So, followed the link to Python2.7 32bit, installed and problem resolved. The dotNet link points me to dotNet 4 and i have that installed already. proceeded to repaired the installation with no change to the warning. (in fact, i have dotNet 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 4.0 installed)

any idea to what version NCC is requiring? or resolutions to this warning? how will this effect the mod installing process if i proceed without acknowledging this warning? basicly and any pointers to resolving this.

thank you for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

once last mention, i read the full MO wiki and the documentation does not provide any ncc requirements as well as no docs in the ncc local directory. 

Posted Image

The first notice at https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=First_steps tells about NCC requiring dotNet framework.

I believe that normally when a .NET function is required, Windows will send you a message to get it fixed. Try installing SkyUI and see if that doesn't trigger it.

BTW, maybe we could get this thread moved to the main Mod Organizer forum here on STEP?

The first notice at https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=First_steps tells about NCC requiring dotNet framework.

I believe that normally when a .NET function is required, Windows will send you a message to get it fixed. Try installing SkyUI and see if that doesn't trigger it.

BTW, maybe we could get this thread moved to the main Mod Organizer forum here on STEP?

Moving this would be great. Alernatively lock this one and point to the new 'main Mod Organizer forum'. Its best to have all MO related stuff in one place. I currently have to visit three places (including Nexus MO forum)  to keep up to date with the info. Hopefully in the future there will be only place to visit. As in  'main Mod Organizer forum'.

This thread is for the wiki guide and only discussions about that guide should take place here.

The thread in Anthology is for Mod Organizer itself. All discussion about MO specifically should take place there.

The thread in Troubleshooting is for issues and troubleshooting. All discussion about issues and problems with MO should take place there.

These three separations help us to keep everything straight and separated instead of having one massive thread that is impossible to find anything in. Moderators should move posts around accordingly and as necessary using the outline I just mentioned. Furthermore, any important/useful information should be added to the wiki guide. Anyone can edit and contribute to the wiki. Frankly, STEP has become so massive that it's impossible for the Admin and Senior Staff to keep up with everything. So we heavily rely upon the other staff to be doing their share.

The MO wiki does in fact talk about NCC and the requirement of dotNet but not a specific version (so that i can adhere to the build library). I've installed mods including SkyUI with (to what i understand) no issues. Although the message still is present (and ive just recently installed dotNet updates (KB2863240 & KB25561698)) MO seems to be operational. Skyrim runs (tho i am experiencing some program instability which i attribute to mod conflicts, which is another thread) .. anyway, i was just wondering if there is any documentation on NCC at all. i can't even find the origins of it, authors or application stats..

thanks again for your help.