Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

I'm using 12.9 and I still have all the endorsement flags. It's not pulling that info from Nexus for some reason...in fact, when I try to endorse it tells me that it can't log onto Nexus even though I've double and triple-checked my login credentials.

I believe it updates (grabs) the endorsements when you "Check All for Updates". However, it might not be working due to the Nexus' site problems, that is, if they disable api calls like that when the system is under heavy load for load balancing purposes.

I believe it updates (grabs) the endorsements when you "Check All for Updates". However' date=' it might not be working due to the Nexus' site problems, that is, if they disable api calls like that when the system is under heavy load for load balancing purposes.[/quote']

awesome! that worked for me, now only a few remain.. probably only the ones that i have not yet endorsed/denied. Thanks for the info

Is there some special procedure with SkyProc patchers and v99? I've been trying to setup MO to see what all the hoopla is about and I'm liking everything so far, but SkyProc is the only thing I can't figure out. I've tried moving them to to data directory instead of virtual one, tried updating to 32 bit Java. What else is there that I'm missing?

Okay I've been trying to get Skyproc patchers to work with Mod Organizer. I tried both 32 and 64 bit Java. And I tried right clicking on it in the Data tab and using the Open/Execute as well as the Add as Executable options. I even tried running it from the folder itself. The only way I could get it to work was when I manually copied the files to the actual Skyrim data folder.

This is the error I would recieve.

================================

skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster:

DualSheath Redux.esp has some missing masters:

-Skyrim.esm

-Update.esm

Please activate and try again.

=================================

While it would work if I just did a manual install I wanted to keep all my mods in the virtual directory that Mod Organizer uses. That way it keeps my Skyrim folder structure clean.

So here is the fix/work around for those interested in getting skyproc patches to work.

Use a Symlink

I also recommend using SUM Skyproc manager to merge all your skyproc mod installs into. Even if you're only using one skyproc mod, that way if you decide to add another or remove one it makes for easier management.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29865

Open a command prompt and type the following assuming you use default installation paths. Otherwise adjust for your locations.

==================================

mklink "C:\Program Files (x86)\ModOrganizer\mods\SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager\Skyrim.esm" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Skyrim.esm"

mklink "C:\Program Files (x86)\ModOrganizer\mods\SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager\Update.esm" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Update.esm"

==================================

You can then add the SUM.jar file to your Mod Organizer applications list like normal and it should work.

And don't forget anytime you add,remove,update, shuffle mod order you have to rerun your skyproc patches.

I hope this helps some of you.

i dont think my FNIS is working properly. Ive just now noticed that when i run the executable, it says that there are only 99 bones in my skeleton and i know that is not correct for XPMS. So, for the sake of testing I installed FNIS, XPMS, and a few animations directly into my pristine skyrim\data folder and ran the FNIS executable. As expected, the number of bones reported in the FNIS output window was closer to the number i used to see before using MO (200+). Anyone else noticed this before, and if so, what can we do to fix it? (some of my anims are out of whack)

As I mention in another thread' date=' I've skipped these mods and Neo's Dual Shealth Redux because of not know how to properly install them using MO. I'll dive into SR again eventually and try to reinstall them.[/quote']

In you install with MO are you using the extracted BSAs and installing them through MO? That was the only way I could get the Skyproc Patchers to work, otherwise it would not import the masters of esm/esp files if the DLCs were masters. Not even remotely sure why that is true, but I'm having fun now.

yeah, for me FNIS is more of a utility than it is a mod. It doesnt do anything on its own, but simply allows me to use all of my animations. I may just keep it installed in the real data directory along with all of my animation mods.

Ugh it's so frustrating sometimes using MO. It's definitely a love-hate relationship. At least with WryeBash there was always a way to get things done, even if it wasn't as feature-rich or convenient. This is basically what happened to me last time I tried to make the switch to MO (before I was an MT), I got fed up with all the little quirks and just said screw it and went back to using WryeBash, swearing id never try to use MO again. But here I am again, in the same position I was last time. Tell me, who's the fool now? lol

One little quirk that I'm having which I found last night while fooling around, is that SMAA Injector causes Skyrim to not load when launched from within MO using SKSE launcher. It's starts to load, I see the icon pop up in the task bar for 1-2 seconds, and then it disappears and nothing. The game never launches.

Actually, I just tested it out without using MO and the game still won't launch using the game's EXE. I deleted the d3d9.dll from the Skyrim directory and it launched right up. I haven't used SMAA in a long time so I wonder if Bethesda changed something in the last and final update to cause the generic SMAA d3d9.dll file to no longer work? I'll try to see if I can find any updated version from the one I have (1.2).

EDIT: Nope, can't find a newer version... Maybe it's just something weird on my end.