Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

Don't rename SKSE to anything. SKSE will start TESV.exe on it's own. MO will auto detect skse_loader.exe and add it to the executable drop down. ENB will start with Skyrim, so first fix Skyrim by deleting TESV.exe. Then open up Steam and go to your library then right click on Skyrim. Go to properties-> local files-> verify integrity of game cache. That will replace TESV.exe with the correct one.

After that reinstall SKSE and don't change any names. Then use the ENB guide to help install ENB if you haven't done it before.

Sorry I'm a total idiot. Steam overlay works fine as is. MO is pretty awesome xD

Just ignore my posts :)

Thanks for your reply! I haven't broken my installation, everything works perfectly, nor have I deleted/renamed TESV.exe . I just found this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162323484 proposing a rename. If I verify the game cache I'll lose changes to .ini's and other stuff written directly on Skyrim's directory...

I just want to be able to have the steam overlay while running Skyrim from SKSE.

Hi, when I started my current new mod setup, the first time MO asked me about BSAs I ticked the "extract" option (or whatever it's called in MO) and also selected "always do this". However, I have a few dummy esps in my load order which I'd like to be able to deactivate however to do this I think I need to tick the associated archive under the "archive" tab of MO - obviously I don't have this as MO extracted the associated BSAs upon installation.

So, my question is - is there a way in MO to reset that BSA "always extract" decision so that I can reinstall those specific mods with dummy esps without extracting their BSAs, thereby allowing me to activate the archive and deactivate the plugins?

Hi, when I started my current new mod setup, the first time MO asked me about BSAs I ticked the "extract" option (or whatever it's called in MO) and also selected "always do this". However, I have a few dummy esps in my load order which I'd like to be able to deactivate however to do this I think I need to tick the associated archive under the "archive" tab of MO - obviously I don't have this as MO extracted the associated BSAs upon installation.

So, my question is - is there a way in MO to reset that BSA "always extract" decision so that I can reinstall those specific mods with dummy esps without extracting their BSAs, thereby allowing me to activate the archive and deactivate the plugins?

If the BSAs are extracted, you simply remove the dummy esp and you are good. No need to go back to BSA form. At any rate, to reset the decision to always extract BSAs, click the wrench icon to go to settings, and click "Reset Dialogs."

• 2 weeks later...

==What is a Mod?==

This is strictly defined for Mod Organizer installation and not the generally accepted definition.

===The Mod Organizer Definition===

A Mod is all files and/or folders placed in the Data folder when installed using standard procedure.

Whether the Author's package (what's usually called a "Mod") is completely placed in the Data folder, standard procedure, or only part of the package is placed in the Data folder. Only the Data folder contents are a Mod Organizer installable Mod and should always be installed (making a .7Z, .Zip or .RAR archive for data folder contents is simplest method).

Using this definition is always assumed when installing Mods using Mod Organizer .

Most Utilities with an Executable [.Exe] file install in Skyrim folder or as programs , they are not Mods.

SkSE is not a Mod as it is placed in the Skyrim folder,however part of SkSE does get placed in the Data folder and this part only is a Mod that Mod Organizer should install.

When a Mod is installed , Mod Organizer will look for the usual files Mods contain and when none are found it will display a warning that the Mod looks wrong. This is asking the user if they know what they are doing,and is a doublecheck system.

SkSE Plugins and Is BedsIde Presets are typically going to trigger this warning

==Installing Mods==

To install mods either:

*Click the Archive button in the toolbar (1st icon on top left with a subtext stating "Install a new mod from an archive") and then navigate to where the mod archive is on your hard drive, or

*Download it through MO and then once it has finished, install by double-clicking the file in the Downloads tab in the right pane.

Depending on the type of archive, the installation procedure will look different.

*Fomods will present a window with different installation options according to the fomod script. For more information about fomods, see below.

*BAIN archives will provide a dialog bow with several components which can be installed by checking the appropriate boxes.

*Properly-packaged archives will require no setup aside from choosing a name.

*If everything else fails, it will present a preview of the archive and you can arrange files via drag and drop.

Personally I (ed: blacksol) installed all mine manually (over 170 currently) as then have more control and can move things if you want to

Also see Prioritising Mods below, by default new mods are assigned the highest priority.

So if you are following a certain install order, start with the mods that should be

overwritten = less time prioritising! (although occasionally they end up elsewhere -

so glance across and check after install to ensure it is where you want it)

Sections currently in need of expansion:

Left Pane --> Context Menu

Left Pane --> Mod Information (60% complete)

Plugins --> Ini Editor --> Need to know what associated does

Third Party Programs --> List of automatically recognized executables --> Need to know what geck.exe is

Third Party Programs --> Bodyslide 2 and Outfit Studio (doesn't exist)

Third Party Programs --> Free Commander --> Picture Thanks Delax000!

Third Party Programs --> FNIS --> Need to add information about how the tool writes content to Overwrite and creating a mod from it.

Third Party Programs --> SBW --> Picture

Third Party Programs --> SkyProc Patchers

Third Party Programs --> TES5Edit --> Need specifically information about cleaning DLC and Overwrite info

Third Party Programs --> Wrye Bash --> Need to add information about how the tool writes content to Overwrite and creating a mod from it.

Profiles --> The whole thing.

Downloading Mods --> Could use some pictures I think.

Installing Mods --> The whole thing.

Enabling Mods --> The whole thing.

Activating Mods --> The whole thing.

Priorities --> Wall of text needs pictures and some things are missing

Overwrite --> The whole thing.

Advanced --> Always could use expansion

FAQ --> I don't think we've answered every frequently asked question yet.

Third Party Programs --> List of automatically recognized executables --> Need to know what geck.exe is

CK for Fallout 3/NV

Is it gone? I saw it (either for SK, FNV or OB, don't remember)

That's load of stuff... So many corner cases...

CK for Fallout 3/NV

Yes, I know that. What I don't know is what its official name is, what "geck" stands for.

Is it gone? I saw it (either for SK, FNV or OB, don't remember)

It doesn't exist on the wiki guide. This is a status update.

That's load of stuff... So many corner cases...

Yes indeed.

CK for Fallout 3/NV

Yes, I know that. What I don't know is what its official name is, what "geck" stands for.

Garden of Eden Creation Kit

BTW Play fallout :P

ATTK should be removed from the Guide. It's not a program we supoort nor is it something that anyone should be using (if they still have it since it's not been available for a long time).

Support:

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1220&highlight=ATTK

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1220&pid=33939#pid33939

EDIT: I've hid it in a HTML comment for the time being until another staff member agrees with its removal. At which time, edit the full page to remove.