Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

First off, welcome nomar!

No it will not make a difference really unless a BSA has a file that is also in another BSA, the order doesn't matter. If there is more than one BSA with the same file then the BSA that loads last will win. Also, loose files always win out over BSA files.

Thanks for the reply! I also posted in the nexus forum and Tannin replied there too, just another question, you mention that "loose files always win out over BSA files" but I thought this only happens if the bsa isn't checked in the archives tab. :confused:

Potentially. The order is only relevant among bsas belonging to the same mod IF they have conflicts. In that case the bsa furthest down override the others.

Most obvious sample is "skyrim - textures.bsa" and the high-res texture packs. if you put the high-res pack above the original textures file they will have no effect as the low-res textures will override the high-res variants

So, for example, I have some workshop mods downloaded, actually, just thirteenoranges mods and the portal2 mod from Valve, in the archives tab I have these mods bsas alongside the core game bsas, although I do not know if there is any conflict between them, I could say that wouldn't be wise to have those mods bsas in some order that they are being loaded before the game core bsas?

This may be a dumb question, and as STEP is fully supporting Mod Organizer, how do you use a BCF file to install a mod?

Or at this stage of MO development it is not possible, as I have not been able to find any information on the process.

Whats up CyberxGames?  Here's a STEP thread I found that may help you.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=472

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what MO can do. The funny thing is that I had also tried it once when it has just came out. One question though, I have followed the installation guidelines. After installing the mod I checked it in left panel and then its esp in the right panel but when I checked my skyrim/data folder there was nothing there. Is this ok? Where do the mods install? Also, how bug-free or stable is MO right now?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what MO can do. The funny thing is that I had also tried it once when it has just came out. One question though' date=' I have followed the installation guidelines. After installing the mod I checked it in left panel and then its esp in the right panel but when I checked my skyrim/data folder there was nothing there. Is this ok? Where do the mods install? Also, how bug-free or stable is MO right now?[/quote']

To Answer your Question: Yes its NORMAL. 

\Mods is what you want.  \Skyrim\Data stays prestine and untouched by Mod Organizer.

my skyrim MO folder:   x:\games(Steam folder)\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer

In your Mod Organizer folder there will be these and other folders:

\Downloads, \Mods, \Overwrite, \Profiles

\Downloads = where your Nexus DL's are Downloaded (w/ meta file) or a Mod added to that folder (w/o meta file).  

MO watches folders...like the NSA :facepalm:

\Mods = Is where your INSTALLED Mods are located.

\Overwrite = Mods and Tools are placed here.  Here is the STEP MO [info] Click on the "Overwrite" Tab.

Whatever is in the \overwrite will take Precedence over everything else.

\Profiles = This is My Favorite feature about MO.  

This is where your Profile or Game 1,2,3...etc reside.  Under the Name you give your MO Installation.  

Exp: Mine is \profiles\Olav Toralf.  

It also contains your ini files and your Save Games.  Along with other files.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what MO can do. The funny thing is that I had also tried it once when it has just came out. One question though' date=' I have followed the installation guidelines. After installing the mod I checked it in left panel and then its esp in the right panel but when I checked my skyrim/data folder there was nothing there. Is this ok? Where do the mods install? Also' date=' how bug-free or stable is MO right now?[/quote'']

To Answer your Question: Yes its NORMAL. 

\Mods is what you want.  \Skyrim\Data stays prestine and untouched by Mod Organizer.

my skyrim MO folder:   x:\games(Steam folder)\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer

In your Mod Organizer folder there will be these and other folders:

\Downloads, \Mods, \Overwrite, \Profiles

\Downloads = where your Nexus DL's are Downloaded (w/ meta file) or a Mod added to that folder (w/o meta file).  

MO watches folders...like the NSA :facepalm:

\Mods = Is where your INSTALLED Mods are located.

\Overwrite = Mods and Tools are placed here.  Here is the STEP MO [info] Click on the "Overwrite" Tab.

Whatever is in the \overwrite will take Precedence over everything else.

\Profiles = This is My Favorite feature about MO.  

This is where your Profile or Game 1,2,3...etc reside.  Under the Name you give your MO Installation.  

Exp: Mine is \profiles\Olav Toralf.  

It also contains your ini files and your Save Games.  Along with other files.

Ok. Thanks for the info. This means that from now on I will always have to run BOSS through MO, right? Also, to unistall I simply uncheck the esp and the correspondind mod in the left panel and then right click on it and select remove mod.

Yup. (Tannin is da Man!) Along with Wyre Bash, TES5Edit, Reproccer, Boss/Bum, SuM, FNIS =what I have ran threw MO.

"un-checking" box in left pane will remove the esp/bsa from Load Order.

"Check/enable" it again...and bam. Their back along with optional ESPs you had enabled at install of the mod.

Also located under "optional esp" tab. (when you double click the mod in the left pane)

All files in Mod are in far left tab under "File Tree".

Have Fun :D

[Off Topic]

Found a Cool feature just now. I DL'd Interesting NPCs v3.04 from a torrent. Queried the info when I added the File in \Downloads and MO asked for a "Mod ID". After a google search found that if the Mod has a Nexus page, you can copy and paste the Mods page number. Which is the last number in the web address. Eg: 3DNPC=8429 is the "Mod ID"

Just thought it was really cool :)

Here's Tannin's MO website guide:

https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/wiki/ModOrganizer:Introduction_to_Mod_Organizer

Yup. (Tannin is da Man!) Along with Wyre Bash, TES5Edit, Reproccer, Boss/Bum, SuM, FNIS =what I have ran threw MO.

"un-checking" box in left pane will remove the esp/bsa from Load Order.

"Check/enable" it again...and bam. Their back along with optional ESPs you had enabled at install of the mod.

Also located under "optional esp" tab. (when you double click the mod in the left pane)

All files in Mod are in far left tab under "File Tree".

Have Fun :D

[Off Topic]

Found a Cool feature just now. I DL'd Interesting NPCs v3.04 from a torrent. Queried the info when I added the File in \Downloads and MO asked for a "Mod ID". After a google search found that if the Mod has a Nexus page, you can copy and paste the Mods page number. Which is the last number in the web address. Eg: 3DNPC=8429 is the "Mod ID"

Just thought it was really cool :)

Here's Tannin's MO website guide:

https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/wiki/ModOrganizer:Introduction_to_Mod_Organizer

One more question :p . In the "Archives" tab there is a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it. When I click the tab there some bsa files including the dlcs that have this mark. If I check them the mark goes away. Should I check them all or not?

Yes Hellanios. Check them.

Because when you enable the Mod on the left pane

and the esp shows up in right pane (plugins). You also have to enable/check the BSA for the Mod you just enabled.

As for the Exclamation point...it will show up for any errors MO deems fit to yell at you about :D

I have 108 esp (including official DLCs) =no problems.  Thats not to say you can install whatever, whenever...no no no.

But STEP spends A LOT of time picking the right Mods for the Official install.  

And as for fav. Mods=  google "skyrim STEP + (mod name)"  Chances are sum1 has a thread about it.