Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

For those having problems with FNIS just install it with NMM and add the Generator to your MO application list.

yeah its one thing to get it installed and add the executable to MO properly. but its another thing getting it to actually work properly and recognize the correct skeleton.

it seems to be using the default skeleton (or some other skeleton with only 99 bones in it) instead of XPMS skeleton i use (which has over 225 bones). If you read the output in the FNIS window when youre done updating the behaviors, you can read a bunch of details about what it just did, including information on the skeletons.

So yeah, the issue is not getting it installed, its getting it to run properly when being launched through MO. If I install FNIS and my anims directly into the skyrim directory, it works just fine.

of course, all of that stuff is the first things i looked at when i first started troubleshooting a few weeks ago. i do have a few other mods that have a skeleton file in them, but theyre lower priority. My main skeletons are definitely not being overridden, so disabling everything else would be useless. The thing is Im probably not the only one having this issue, since most people using it may not know how many bones their skeletons are supposed to have and thus dont recognize there is even an issue. but whatever, im just not using MO for animations anymore; problem "solved"

For those having problems with FNIS just install it with NMM and add the Generator to your MO application list.

I suggest installing FNIS normally via Mod Organizer, then copying whole FNIS folder to MO Overwrites folder and adding the executable from overwrites folder. It will work fine then. This is actually also true for any SkyProc Patchers.

Interesting suggestion. Will give it a shot.

What about my anims? Just keep them installed normally ?

Yes, just install them normally via MO.

It works for me anyway :)

and just to be clear... when you run FNIS, youre getting the correct bone count, according to what the FNIS GUI output is telling you, for whichever skeleton you're using ??

When I started MO today, it appears to have lost the priority order for my mod list. All the mods are now unchecked and have been alphabetized (with the priority matching the alphabetized list). When I started MO, I also got a messagebox stating that it was the first time I had used MO and if I wanted to go through the tutorial.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? I've been working on reinstalling the game for weeks, and just when I thought I nearly had everything finished, it appears that I now need to go through and reorganize and re-sort all of the mods.

On further examination, it appears that two of my profiles have suffered the alphabetization/lost priority settings (Core STEP and one other) while two other profiles remain as they should be. What did I do wrong?