A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

@cstarkey42 If you have switched to Dawn of Skyrim to try Immersive Citizens.. how did you deal with the 'REGS Patch - Riften NavFull'? It has JK's Skyrim as master. Is the patch only necessary for JK's Skyrim so it can be disabled with DoS?

That's what I assumed but I'm not really sure.  I'm using the older 3dnpc and step patches from when DOS was a part of the pack ( though they might be identical to the current ones, I guess I never checked ).  The older riften navfull has dawn of riften as a master so I'm not able to use that either ( one of these days I'm going to finally figure out how to change masters in WB.  Everyone says you can do it but damned if I can find a guide anywhere ).  I haven't noticed any serious problems but I'm hoping that CAIO and it's focus on navmeshes will help take care of any problems that might be present.

That's what I assumed but I'm not really sure.  I'm using the older 3dnpc and step patches from when DOS was a part of the pack ( though they might be identical to the current ones, I guess I never checked ).  The older riften navfull has dawn of riften as a master so I'm not able to use that either ( one of these days I'm going to finally figure out how to change masters in WB.  Everyone says you can do it but damned if I can find a guide anywhere ).  I haven't noticed any serious problems but I'm hoping that CAIO and it's focus on navmeshes will help take care of any problems that might be present.

Would you mind sharing the older version of the Riften NavFull patch? And about the master changing in WB I found this (from its advanced readme) :

"Plugins' entries in the Masters List may be renamed to reflect name changes of the plugins themselves. Renaming can be done by left-clicking the plugin entry and editing in the column display, or right-clicking the plugin and selecting Change To... then selecting the replacement plugin. Do not use this to change a plugin's masters to unrelated plugins, as this will cause file corruption."

If the records of the Riften part in the full DoS plugin are exactly the same as those of Dawn of Riften, shouldn't this work? I'll need someone to confirm this :P I think I tried this once with a conflict resolution patch after an ELE update where the name changed but the patched records stayed the same. I never actually tested if it worked correctly though, I just assumed it did.

Also, about ETaC's incompatibility with Immersive Citizens, it's only incompatible with the following parts of ETaC assuming you use the NO INN version (as of now):

• ETaC - Riverwood
  • ETaC - Dragon Bridge
  • ETaC - Dragon Bridge South
  • Immersive Whiterun

So I guess you can use DoS and a modular installation of ETaC to avoid major incompatibilities. That leaves Nernies but I think I'm willing to try out Immersive Citizens now :p

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • +1 1

Sure, here it is:  DOR

If anyone has a problem with me posting this please let me know and I'll remove it.  I'm assuming it's cool since someone gave it to me not too long ago, after the guide's switch to JK, but if not I apologize.

Let me know if changing the master works for you.  I'll give it a try myself when I can but right now I'm trying to figure out why in the world "Gold Adjustment" causes a ctd whenever I leave the Winking Skeever...

Are ETaC (no Inns) and JK's Skyrim (major cities) compatible with Relighting Skyrim and Enhanced Lighting for ENB (per STEP configuration)?

I've spent a considerable time looking in the Nexus forums for these 4 mods but couldn't find a definite answer.

I'm planning to add REGS pack on top of STEP 2.2.9.1 Extended. I just want to make sure I won't get any moderate to major conflicts with it.

I'm also curious if anyone has tried them together.

I think you will need to spend time using TES5Edit to determine at least parts of this. The REGS-SRLE patch has a few compatibility records between ELE Lite and Immersive College of Winterhold, Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More, and the Dragonborn DLC; these would also be relevant to STEP 2.2.9.1 since it also uses ELE Lite. Noone has identified any need to deconflict ELE Lite with ETAC (no inn) and JK's Skyrim (major cities). I'm not sure about compatibility between the REGS mods and Relighting Skyrim.

Are ETaC (no Inns) and JK's Skyrim (major cities) compatible with Relighting Skyrim and Enhanced Lighting for ENB (per STEP configuration)?

I've spent a considerable time looking in the Nexus forums for these 4 mods but couldn't find a definite answer.

I'm planning to add REGS pack on top of STEP 2.2.9.1 Extended. I just want to make sure I won't get any moderate to major conflicts with it.

I'm also curious if anyone has tried them together.

I'm using REGS and STEP Extended 2.2.9.1 together and I didn't notice any problems with lighting.

Note: I'm using the Inns version.

Edited by Judassem

I think you will need to spend time using TES5Edit to determine at least parts of this. The REGS-SRLE patch has a few compatibility records between ELE Lite and Immersive College of Winterhold, Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More, and the Dragonborn DLC; these would also be relevant to STEP 2.2.9.1 since it also uses ELE Lite. Noone has identified any need to deconflict ELE Lite with ETAC (no inn) and JK's Skyrim (major cities). I'm not sure about compatibility between the REGS mods and Relighting Skyrim.

Thank you for the sugestion.

I looked into TES5Edit for conflicts.

For what I understand you open the mods in question with TES5Edit. Select a particular Record under the mod and look under the messages tab to see if it's referenced by the 2 mods.

I found a few with Relighting Skyrim and JK's, but don't know how will they affect the gameplay. If it's just a override shouldn't be a problem, but if it affects the look of the area in a "weird" way then that would be an issue.

Also I understand that Relighting Skyrim is supposed to affect only the "lightbulbs" in the "Worldspace" if I'm correct.

I'm using REGS and STEP Extended 2.2.9.1 together and I didn't notice any problems with lighting.

Note: I'm using the Inns version.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't found any problems with lighting.

I'm assuming you aren't using Realistic Room Rental Enhanced due to it's imcompability with ETaC Inns version. I had decided to skip that too.

Are you using the ETaC patch for Enhanced Lighting for ENB due to the use of the Inns version?

For what I understand STEP only uses the ELE-Interior Lighting features and for that reason that particular patch wouldn't be necessary unless using ETaC Inns version.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't found any problems with lighting.

I'm assuming you aren't using Realistic Room Rental Enhanced due to it's imcompability with ETaC Inns version. I had decided to skip that too.

Are you using the ETaC patch for Enhanced Lighting for ENB due to the use of the Inns version?

For what I understand STEP only uses the ELE-Interior Lighting features and for that reason that particular patch wouldn't be necessary unless using ETaC Inns version.

I don't really remember if I reinstalled ETaC after upgrading my STEP from 2.2.9 to 2.2.9.1. I'm on holiday now, but I'm returning tomorrow. I'll let you know if I'm using the patch or not when I get home. But as I said, I've noticed no problems with lighting yet. Edited by Judassem

Found these quests:

- Nuvanja - A New Dwemer Dungeon

- Den Erovrade Staden - The Conquered City

- Heimfeigr

- Inferno- Envoys of End

They look really interesting. Has anyone tried them at all? Also, has anyone looked into Beyond Reach lately? Past posts suggested issues but I was wondering if there have been changes to it.

Is there a reason that the 4.0.4 patch archive doesn't include an updated Better Dawnguard Entrance file?

Also, I was having a similar problem as another user: I am using JK's Skyrim with ETaC Modular, and the only REGS patch available in the archive requires ETaC Complete.  Is there some other version of the 4.0.4 patch archive with these?

Hi,

In my experience both DoS and JK's significantly impact performance, but it is the latter which hits my framerate harder, especially in Whiterun were I sometimes drop as low as 20 fps near Skyforge (that's on a full SRLE + REGS install with Kountervibe Quality, but disabling ENB doesn't help that much...). I removed all flora from JK's Whiterun with TES5Edit but it did nothing. Currently I use Dawn of Skyrim Collection minus Dawn of Riften since I bumped into various issues with REGS and it performs better on my side - note that I now cap my framerate at 30 with nvidia's Half Refresh rate Adaptative Vsync and ifpsclamp as I value smoothness and stability over "high" framerate.

I haven't used REGS yet. Now, I would like it read the guide and installed mods. "All of them". I use STEP Extended as a baseline. I have some question in connection with Dawn Of Skyrim mod. I compared the JK version and that one. In my opinion Dawn of Whiterun is more lore friendly. I agree that JK one has more performance "issue" even if you a have a very good rig. Dawn of Whiterun runs more fluid and it looks also great enough.

So, if I want to change REGS to use Dawn Of Skyrim instead of JK one am I right that I should change some mods. And above them, I have other question:

1. Dawn Of Skyrim instead of --> JK

2. Better City Entrances - JK's Whiterun (Outskirts) Compatible Version --> I choosed the All in One version.

The REGS version says:

"This version of Better City Entrances is tailored for use with the pack called "A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim" but can also be used standalone as an all-in-one version to get it to work with the Touring Carriages mod in Windhelm."

I have tried the REGS compatible one, but I haven't noticed rotten bodies and some minor stuff if I'm right.

And as I said, I didn't notice any issue with Touring Carrigies mods. Tried it in Windhelm and it worked.

Or do I understand something wrong?

I have tried, and I didn't notice any issue with Touring Carrigies in Windhelm. Maybe mod was updated and REGS Guide out of date?

3. Better Docks - REGS Compatible (all-in-one version without Dawnstar)

Why do we use without Dawnstar? I have no idea. I guess maybe some kind of isseu, but I do not know that mod.

Could anyone help me why the all docks version not good?

4. Nernie's Replacer - Nernies City and Village Expansion - REGS Version

The same as above. I don't mind just haven't found any description about that as well.

5. And from REGS Patches in this case for me Riften JK patch also faulty..

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

If I'm right without JK it missed master file.

The other mods are ok. (more or less) :)

Thanks, in advance if anyone could give me some answer.

I'm freezing at the before even the main menu.  I've isolated REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp as the issue.

The last things I did before experiencing this issue were merge the ETaC town files and patches, and remove Enhanced Blood Textures from the STEP Extended patch.  Honestly, I was having the same problem before hand, but hadn't isolated it until after.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT:  Never mind.  I read that the patch is unnecessary with 2.2.9.1.

Edited by Muladhara86
  • +1 1