A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

So considering that REGS isn't compatible with Immersive Citizens, do we maybe want to begin focusing on city and settlement mods that don't conflict with it? Immersive Citizens is becoming an essential mod for a lot of people. According to the author, a compatibility patch isn't possible for ETAC or JK Skyrim unless either his mod or their mods are remade to work with each other, which doesn't sound likely. The author of ETAC isn't even working on it from what I've gathered.

You can install ETAC with only the modules that don't conflict with Immersive Citizens, but as the development with CAIO progresses to encompass more towns and settlements, those areas will become incompatible with ETAC as well. 

This article lists the mods currently incompatible with Immersive Citizens, and which ones are compatible: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50303/?

personally i've given up on trying to install REGS it so desperatly in need of updating but it appears no one is looking after it. you just for go ETAC and JK Skyrim but that defeats the object of the REGS Pack. It still amazes me that Skyrim is recieving such high quilty mods 4 years after the game came out and long after the delvopers have moved on to other projects.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I just finished re-installing SRLE again.

I'm going to have a look at REGS -SRLE implementation, but it is now significantly more difficult due to Immersive Citizens. 

Kinda sad to see the pack not able to function due to the release of a single mod, but that's just a way it is with skyrim modding.

I also have a few ideas to do things differently, am also considering to make a new pack based on REGS but catered specifically for SRLE. It would probably means less mods in total, but better functioning combination overall. Would really like a version of JK's Skyrim that is overall less taxing and that can handle the combination of Vividian ENB/texture mods. 

But yeah, I cannot promise anything other apart from that I will try to make a setup work on my own system and might find the time to publish it. I'm a much more busier man nowadays than a year ago :(

I just finished re-installing SRLE again.

I'm going to have a look at REGS -SRLE implementation, but it is now significantly more difficult due to Immersive Citizens. 

Kinda sad to see the pack not able to function due to the release of a single mod, but that's just a way it is with skyrim modding.

I also have a few ideas to do things differently, am also considering to make a new pack based on REGS but catered specifically for SRLE. It would probably means less mods in total, but better functioning combination overall. Would really like a version of JK's Skyrim that is overall less taxing and that can handle the combination of Vividian ENB/texture mods. 

But yeah, I cannot promise anything other apart from that I will try to make a setup work on my own system and might find the time to publish it. I'm a much more busier man nowadays than a year ago :(

Sounds good! I'd recommend going back to Dawn of Skyrim for both (slightly?) better performance and mostly for better compatibility with Immersive Citizens.

According to the mod description for Immersive Citizens, Nernies is not compatible. I don't think it's anything game breaking though, mainly NPCs getting stuck on things, having messed up pathing etc.

Edit: Apparently the conflicts might be a little bit more serious than I originally thought. Some people have found that when the pathing breaks you get large groups of NPCs huddled together and they won't move. This mainly was in regards to ETAC and JK's Skyrim but if Nernies breaks pathing in the same way you can probably expect similar results.

Is the REGS (stripped down) version of Nernies incompatible with Immersive Citizens?

Has anyone tried that?

Thanks!

Is the REGS (stripped down) version of Nernies incompatible with Immersive Citizens?

Has anyone tried that?

Thanks!

It shouldn't be, the REGS version only adds new areas that are totally empty in the vanilla game, therefore there should be no room for conflict.

It shouldn't be, the REGS version only adds new areas that are totally empty in the vanilla game, therefore there should be no room for conflict.

Hey CJ!!  ::):

Hope all is going well mate!  ::):

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a spin shortly and let u know.

Hi CJ, Nice to see you around. Can you comment on which part of REGS is not compatible with Immersive Citizens? I know the JK's main cities, ETaC complete are not compatible. How about Better dock? I am thinking about using Dawn of Skyrim, and ETaC modular. Arthmoor's villages are also interesting.

Even if some parts of JKs and ETaC are currently compatible with IS-AO, they probably won't be in the future. IS-AO is not finished at all (see the section "Modifications Overview" on the nexus page") and when Shrah does the other cities and towns then they will not work with JK/ETaC either. Currently only whiterun and riverwood are fully completed, which is why they are incompatible but the others are currently not. 

IS-AO is totally awesome, but really problematic in this regard...

Even if some parts of JKs and ETaC are currently compatible with IS-AO, they probably won't be in the future. IS-AO is not finished at all (see the section "Modifications Overview" on the nexus page") and when Shrah does the other cities and towns then they will not work with JK/ETaC either. Currently only whiterun and riverwood are fully completed, which is why they are incompatible but the others are currently not.

IS-AO is totally awesome, but really problematic in this regard...

I see. We probably can mixed DoS, JK's and ETaC. Immersive citizen will probably take months/ year to finish. Cities and villages without these mods feel empty.

Also waiting for a ETaCImmersive Citizens - AI Overhaul patch, but how about using this for regs in the meantime: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33566/? , its kind of a poor man's(very poor) version of  ETaC. It still need a patch for RRR and Immersive Citizens, but it would properly be alot more manegeble to create a patch since the scale of the mod are so much smaller.

As a npc town and city filler this could be used:  https://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/populated-cities-towns-villages-rs-relliosavini/ , I have used it succesfully in the past and it also comes in a light version.

Edited by runsbuns

If I use ETaC modular, can I use any of the REGS patches? Thanks.

You can use the patches except the STEP one, which you won't really need anyway since it's sure to be out of date by now (and never was really useful, it just carried the behaviour and outfits of a few NPCs from ETaC).

Also, concerning Immersive Citizens, I've not yet had a look at it, but according to Nearox (who heard it from the author), patching it to work with ETaC and similar mods would take hundreds of hours, which is obviously something no one is willing to do. If that's in fact true, then the guide would never support IC.

• +1 1