A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Small detail, but I just want to make sure I should not select "Skyrim Distance Overhaul Patch" while installing ICW if I installed DynDOLOD (which is incompatible with SDO plugins, AFAIK) ?

Yeah, don't grab the SDO patch if you're not using SDO.

Lanterns of Skyrim is already part of the STEP: Extended, is it still listed in the Pack as a complement of information for people using ELFX?

Same thing for Cutting Room Floor, except there's really no reason to have it listed in the Pack anymore.

Both are there for people using STEP Core, or people who are not using STEP at all.

Both are there for people using STEP Core, or people who are not using STEP at all.

Oh, good point, may I suggest adding a little note saying something along the lines of "STEP:Extended users don't need to install this mod" ? By the way, I didn't point it out, but CRF is included in STEP:Core

Edited by Lusciesi

Check under the 'On Compatibility' section up the top.

On occasions REGS suggests different install options for previously installed STEP mods and SRLE ones as well.

Whether there needs be a note reminding someone not to reinstall a mod they've already installed, though? I don't think so. (Unless, of course, the install options have changed compared to STEP or SRLE)

You need to keep your wits about you a little bit and realize what you're doing rather than just going along blindly. Plus I suspect the answer for CRF will be the same, It's there for those not using STEP or SRLE, etc. :)

Edited by Nozzer66

Expanded Towns and Cities updated a long time ago lol

Version 13.5.8

1. Global
- Rebuilt RE Real Estate Patches.
- Added patch for Blacksmithforge Water Fix by hexaae.
- Updated patches for ELE. (Thanks spanyam!)

Version 13.5.6

1. Global
- Added udpated ELE patches.
- Added updated PLA patches. (Thanks, jlizard!)

Version 13.5.5

1. Global
- Removed duplicate sound files from bsa.
- Added corrected esm to main installer.
- Added Leaf Rest Patches.
- Fixed nav issues in ORS Patches.

2. Rorikstead
- Fixed Dagvdyr's weapons not appearing.

3. Whiterun
- Removed nav edits to 2,-3 for AnnaNPCs compatibility. *

4. Orc Strongholds
- Merged corrected file into installer.

* Load Immersive Whiterun AFTER AnnaNPCs.

Version 13.5.4

1. Global
- Added Redspire Manor Patch for Immersive Solstheim.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

Hi guys, I know this is not the exactly right place to post it but it seems I have a huge (incompatibility?) problem with S.T.E.P. Extended vs R.E.G.S. It happened just yesterday that I was fast travelling to Winterhold and the game just crashed. I was like, "okay, happens with many mods, np, let's retry". The same happened twice, then tried to use carriage. Still crashed. Tried to reach it on foot - didn't work, crashed near it. Now, I would like to ask you what might be causing the problem? In addition to the two packs I have a Better Falskaar and Wyrmstooth map mod, a Glowing Unread Books mod and an Island Fast Travel mod. All of these do nothing to the Winterhold cells or anything. Was thinking it could be the Impressive Winterhold College mod. Any thoughts on the matter? Would give a big thank you for the solution!

Still crashing - but thanks for the info, did assort my memory fixes this way out. Any other tips on how to fix the problem? Maybe someone willing to take it on in personal messages so we don't bulk this thread? Thanks for all your answers!

Whether there needs be a note reminding someone not to reinstall a mod they've already installed, though? I don't think so. (Unless, of course, the install options have changed compared to STEP or SRLE)

There are over 200 mods in STEP:Core, do you remember them all? I didn't, and I had just installed them a few days ago. 

I'm not sure what is the inconvenience to add 9 words to be a little helpful, but whatever...

There are over 200 mods in STEP:Core, do you remember them all? I didn't, and I had just installed them a few days ago. 

I'm not sure what is the inconvenience to add 9 words to be a little helpful, but whatever...

Well Mod Organizer also REMINDS you if you're trying to download a mod you already have... 

I had a question about the JK mods. Anyway we can make it less difficult to run on lower end PCs? Even with Alternity's reduced textures, Markarth runs at 15 FPS ;_; MAybe someone can make a version with less objects, only keeping the neccessary stuff in huh :) When I took off JK's Skyrim, those towns weren't the same, even with ETAC on, it wasn't as pretty. Please STEP brothers and sisters!!

Oh, good point, may I suggest adding a little note saying something along the lines of "STEP:Extended users don't need to install this mod" ? By the way, I didn't point it out, but CRF is included in STEP:Core

I suppose you're right, done. ::P:

I had a question about the JK mods. Anyway we can make it less difficult to run on lower end PCs? Even with Alternity's reduced textures, Markarth runs at 15 FPS ;_; MAybe someone can make a version with less objects, only keeping the neccessary stuff in huh :) When I took off JK's Skyrim, those towns weren't the same, even with ETAC on, it wasn't as pretty. Please STEP brothers and sisters!!

I'm afraid that would require getting permissions first, and I'm not in a situation to do any more CK work as I don't have access to my gaming rig anymore for a long time.

If you're comfortable with TES5Edit, you can edit the esps to remove the crap ton of flora that mod adds everywhere.  I still had poor performance even after doing that, though, so your mileage may vary.