A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

REGS version of Better Docks is already compatible with DG+DB and includes the additions to Raven Rock. You don't need any other files apart from the REGS version.

At the end of the guide there's a link to patch compilation (4.3 REGS Custom Patches) It includes a patch fo fix navmesh issues that occur if using JK's Skyrim alongside Interesting NPC's. This one won't work with Dawn of Skyrim.

Hey TirigonX,

Thank you for these detailed answer. I didn't know REGS version of Better Docks is already compatible with DG + DB. I just had a feeling if it is missing from the guide this is for reason and not I am the celever one. :)

Yes, I found out that JK's Skyrim Riften patch does not required, because it was missing the JKs master file. :) And I also do not use, JKs Whiterun Exterior Compatible of Better City Entrances file as well. But in the description it says it also fixes Touring Carrigies doesn't work at Windhelm? If I am not mistaken. I use Touring Carrigies + Better City Entances All in One version, but I didn't notice any issue at Windhelm. Touring Carrigies mod works just fine.

Thank you! :unworthy:

I'm freezing at the before even the main menu.  I've isolated REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp as the issue.

The last things I did before experiencing this issue were merge the ETaC town files and patches, and remove Enhanced Blood Textures from the STEP Extended patch.  Honestly, I was having the same problem before hand, but hadn't isolated it until after.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT:  Never mind.  I read that the patch is unnecessary with 2.2.9.1.

I also have a question related to Muladhara86 comment.

Is the REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp from REGS Patch-es surely unnecessary using it with the STEP Extended 2.2.9.1 and most important the updated STEP Extended Patch?

STEP Extended Patch 2291 v2

version 2.2.9.1a 6:43, 1 August 2015

If yes, it is firmly true please someone who take care the REGS Guide please update it, because it is tend to be very confusing, mainly if the REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp causes issues.

If it is yes, redundant, please someone correct the REGS Guide. :unworthy:

Ps: Or someone should be update the REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp patch and make it up to date?

I say it because of:

REGS - Patches

Description: This is the most important part of the pack. You must download this and follow the directions of the Fomod installer.

Thanks!

Edited by kranazoli

Sorry about the lack of updates and overall unmaintained guide, but as I've already said in the past, I've got no gaming rig atm (just a laptop with an intel HD4000 gpu that won't even run Skyrim) and Nearox seems to have disappeared as well.

However, the good news is I'll soon be getting my old mobo + cpu + and old gpu (since my R9 280X fried) in France, and I'll be building the rest of my rig again, so expect work to start again on the pack in October, when I'll have scraped enough money to buy what parts are missing.

• +1 1

CJ, That is a great news.

You might already aware of Summerset isle and Red guard expansion mods. They are DLC size mods worth looking at IMHO.

I can only speak for Summerset Isle. Just make sure you add in the description the requirement to enter the new world space. You have to be Archmage, which is something I've never done until now for this mod. I'm normally an Assassin/Warrior type. Keep it simple, heh.

- Incompatibles -
--------------
Potentially any mod that edits the exterior of Winterhold.
Potentially any mod that edits the College of Winterhold quest line.
Mods that disable core functions of the game like fasttravel
Verdant Grass (The Misc plugin is designed for use with Summerset Isle, but it modifies VERDANT. That means these changes WILL AFFECT SKYRIM TOO. If you don't like the results, be sure to deactivate it when not needed. Make sure this plugin is loaded AFTER Verdant, and that Verdant is loaded AFTER Summerset Isle. If your Verdant is too FPS heavy delete the INI that is included with the Verdant patch)

What about this one from REGS?

Settlements

Winterhold - Expanded Ruins

Description: The Great Collapse is not presented well visually in-game. Winterhold is merely another small village, with a few damaged and abandoned houses. Yet the history of the hold tells you that this was once a major city in Skyrim that attracted travelers from across Tamriel. This mod expands the ruins to match the lore by adding several new buildings, a small (but neglected) market place and the remains of a great wall complete with gates.
Authors: Rhinala70 & phaota & AvengerJikir & SolarTails
Version: 2.23b

Edited by kranazoli

It should be fine. I haven't tried the mod yet, only inspected it in Tes5Edit and the CK. The mod places a single marker at the start of the bridge which leads to the college, that's it. ETAC, Expanded Ruins and Immersive College of Winterhold should all be fully compatible.

It should be fine. I haven't tried the mod yet, only inspected it in Tes5Edit and the CK. The mod places a single marker at the start of the bridge which leads to the college, that's it. ETAC, Expanded Ruins and Immersive College of Winterhold should all be fully compatible.

Thank you TirigonX,

Incompatibilies confused me. Haven't tried it also yet, because I was hesitated.

Edited by kranazoli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXpjPcQOGs

Seems like a good candidate for inclusion. I'm just posting this so I remember to test it when I got my pc up and running. ::P:

CJ, That is a great news.
You might already aware of Summerset isle and Red guard expansion mods. They are DLC size mods worth looking at IMHO.

Yep I'm aware of those 2 and definitely planning to test them ASAP.

Unless of course, people were to certify that they're definitely suited for the pack and compatible. ::P:

If you need a hand at all CJ, tap me on the shoulder.

Thanks for the offer. ::D:

I actually did manage to delete the Elk's Head from Nernie's for the Routa house, and after much fiddling I figured that Morskom Estate has to load AFTER Nernie's to be made compatible with it.  It wasn't too difficult, though I'm sure my brute force method of removing The Elk's Head was probably not the most elegant solution.

@Morebuff, I'll try out that mod

Anyone familiar with these? Both just got HUGE updates!

Hammerfell- Shadows of Dragonstar

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35038/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D35038&pUp=1

2366305-1438728662.jpg

The Republic of Maslea - Prologue

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68091/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D68091&pUp=1

The republic of Maslea is located on the New Colovia Archipelago , in the Padomaic Ocean, halfway between Tamriel and Akavir. It was conquered during the first era by a schismatic fraction of the Alessian Order, from Cyrodiil. Despite its former strenght as an oceanic power, Maslea is a complex society divided by social classes, ideologies and external interferences.

The first "prologue" release (roughly two/three hours of gameplay) will allow the player to discover the activities of the Alessian Brotherhood in Skyrim, and travel to their main HQ in the Aventina island, in front of Maslea. In the futures version, you'll be able to visit the huge city of Maslea and the rest of the map : ) Don't forget to check this page for future releases!

This mod features unique quests, NPCs, weapons, armors, custom musics and a large new map.

To start the first quest, you need to have completed the first part of Skyrim's Main quest, when you're given the "Whirlwind Spirit" and "Unrelenting force" shouts (they will be useful in the first dungeon) . Then, talk to Carlina at the Winking Skeever, in Solitude.

Once you've finished, don't forget to talk with cpt Sigrippa to get the first naval quest too.

Don't forget to endorse if you like : )