A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Are you using the major cities only version of JK's skyrim as instructed in the guide? This shouldn't happen if you do.

It was the existence of multiple gate textures occupying the same place in Whiterun that first indicated to me that there was an issue, so the JK Cities & ETaC Cities do seem to have an incompatibility issue, albeit only a minor one.

Hi, I just installed your pack with STEP 2.2.9.1 and everything is great, except Persaids Inns and Taverns. First when I was in Riverwood, the sleeping giant inn had some plates and food on the floor, but I didn't have any problems with that, Ognar seems lazy so it was immersive in a way.
But when I visited Ivarstead, the inns fireplace was completely off. The three fires and the wood it is burning on was completely off the middle and there are flying plates everywhere.
Could I have installed the mod wrong? Or is it simply not compatible with some of the new mods in the new STEP version?

Hi CJ/Nearox.

WOW! Fantastic pack. I have installed SR:LE and I am in the process of adding REGS. I had questions about some of the mods and/or mod installations. I tried going through this forum to find if it has been previously answered but so far I am only up to the 54th page of 181 (interesting reading, informative and educational, but long). I will keep on reading but I am impatient to get my questions answered.

1) When I installed RBB into SR:LE, I chose the SR merge option in the FOMOD. From what I understand, both the REGS merge option and the SR merge option have different compatibility merges. Consequently, I did a custom merge for REGS instead. Now I get a message that I am missing the SR merge.esp and I have a huge amount of ESPs from RBB. Is it possible to merge all the RBB ESPs into one ESP and name it SR merge.esp? I have a SR:LE profile and a SR:LE & REGS profile in MO so the two RBB mods will be activated in only one profile (with identically named ESP but different composition.

2)Is Skyrim Sewers still a part of REGS - I read that you incorporated it into the patch (?). If it is, I want to download it so I can endorse it. If not, why was it dropped?

3) Similarly about Daggercross Alley, SkyFix - Tidier Warmaidens Workshop HD, Immersive Settlements Falkreath & Strongholds, Fight Against the Thalmor, Inns and Taverns and Drinking Fountains of Skyrim. Are they incompatible with REGS as I cannot see them in the latest Guide.

4) Have the two mods Hjakhtraevarr Tomb https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16256/? and Hraghenskaag Labyrinths https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50352/?  been looked at as inclusions in REGS? I like the look of them but have not come across anything in the forum (so far).

Edited by triptonite

The advanced search command (top right) is quite useful. You can use it to avoid having to read every post. Immersive Settlements is now part of ETaC; there are compatibility problems with the other ones you listed. If you are merging plugins I suggest merging only patch plugins, not the main plugin for a mod.

Have installed SR:LE, which uses the SR merge option when installing RBB. I am currently installing REGS on top of it, which also has a merge option in the RBB installer. I compared the two merges and found some differences between them so I thought that I would just do a custom install and then merge all the ESPs into one. A couple of questions:

1) when I tried running LOOT or TES5Edit with the custom install of RBB and not the SR:LE install, I get a "missing master message - RBB - SR merge.esp. Can I merge all of the ESPs from the custom install (all 13 of them) into one ESP and call it RBB - SR merge.esp (so I do not get the missing master message when I swap my SR:LE MO profile to SR:LE & REGS MO profile, and hence which version of RBB I use) or will this "break it"?

2) if above not possible, how can I have an SR merged RBB and an extra RBB patch that I add on top for REGS.

If you do the SRLE guide and the conflict resolution yourself, you should be able to gain the skills and understanding enough to add REGS on top of SRLE. I suggest you do not install ELFX exteriors (use the Lanterns of Skyrim mod from REGS instead). By following the guides of both (and asking questions whenever you get stuck), you should be able to get both up and running.

SRLE has Immersive Citizens now doesn't it? You can't use that with REGS until the patches for mods like ETaC and JK's Skyrim are finished.

Nernie's is another that he has listed as incompatible, though since REGS uses a modified version it might work with it.  I'm not having problems with it so far, and have even seen a few people go in and out of the inn outside of Solitude, but I might just be noticing more NPCs doing things they've always done now that I'm looking for it more with CAIO installed.  Also, using DOS is a temporary option since it's hard to tell how long a JK patch might take.  Shurah says he's working on an ETAC patch but it sounds like he's leaving the JK patch up to JK.

• +1 2