A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Just asking, does the conflict between SRLE, or Immersive Citizens to be specific, with REGS really game-breaking? or is it just some minor issues?
I just saw a couple posts in the forum that they are using SRLE + REGS, which AFAIK is not compatible for now, so I'm curious about it.

I've used SRLE + REGS before and really loved it, but as soon as SRLE updated, in which it makes itself not compatible with REGS, I dropped REGS just for stability sake. I missed Whiterun outskirts the most. ;(

Yes it is game-breaking because of the incompatible navmeshes.  NPCs won't go where they are supposed to go and will get stuck. There are many mods in REGS that are not affected by Immersive Citizens and could still be used with SR:LE, or alternatively SR:LE can be used without Immersive Citizens. It depends on what is more important to the user, the more immersive NPCs or the more immersive cities and towns. There are a few town/city mods that are compatible with Immersive Citizens, but these aren't ones that make large changes to the environment.

Hi, I'm being foolhardy and trying to install REGS on top of SR:LE, with DoS, Solitude Reborn and ETaC subset. Cargo culting my way through porting the REGS patches will be fun (it's a shame REGS doesn't have an edit list like SR:LE, would make it easier, would also be nice to be able to look at it's history as far as the DoS series is concerned). For the moment though I'm still installing, so first a question.

I assume ETaC no longer needs a RS Children's patch? Because I don't see it any more.

Hah, of course. Why did I assume the modular version had all the patches too, silly me.

Loading both the original ranaline modular patches and the complete one shows there are significant changes too, it's not just a merge. Oh well, lets try just removing the riverwood character.

Edited by Pinky

If I install only the mods collected in 4.1 World Improvements, will I both need and be able to use 4.3 REGS Custom Patches?

I read the initial post, final page and searched this thread. No obvious answer.

The REGS STEP Extended patch isn't really needed any more. If you use only the mods in section 4.1 then you don't need the two patches for Interesting NPCs. You would only need the Realistic Room Rental + No Snow under the Roof patch.

The REGS STEP Extended patch isn't really needed any more. If you use only the mods in section 4.1 then you don't need the two patches for Interesting NPCs. You would only need the Realistic Room Rental + No Snow under the Roof patch.

Thanks for that. I'll just patch those then.

Tangentially, Interesting NPCs looks like a mod I would want, but the vanilla quest completion prerequisites put me off as well as the compatibility issues with PerMa.

What do you mean by vanilla quest completion prerequisites?  Interesting NPCs works right from the start on a fresh game.

PerMa issues should be fixed by PCaPP if I'm not mistaken.

Is that right? Regarding quest prerequisites, the mod page on Nexus has this to say:

Quests Prerequisites

Many quests expand on existing NPCs, and work under the presumption that you have met them. If I knew how to make quests from the beginning, I obviously would have tried to introduce more NPCs as part of a quest. Nevertheless, even now there are factors that force me to use prerequisites. Often times vanilla dungeons or quests have to be cleared to ensure no conflicts. The official wiki lists the requirement to start each quest.

Am I misinterpreting the above? I've never used the mod.

Regarding PerMa, I read on the Interesting NPCs compatibility thread that it and other overhauls are a problem. Now that you mention it, the original post hasn't been updated since March 2015. That's probably before PCaPP caught up.

Edited by d3monic

I just finished re-installing SRLE again.

I'm going to have a look at REGS -SRLE implementation, but it is now significantly more difficult due to Immersive Citizens. 

Kinda sad to see the pack not able to function due to the release of a single mod, but that's just a way it is with skyrim modding.

I also have a few ideas to do things differently, am also considering to make a new pack based on REGS but catered specifically for SRLE. It would probably means less mods in total, but better functioning combination overall. Would really like a version of JK's Skyrim that is overall less taxing and that can handle the combination of Vividian ENB/texture mods. 

But yeah, I cannot promise anything other apart from that I will try to make a setup work on my own system and might find the time to publish it. I'm a much more busier man nowadays than a year ago :(

Do you have any update on this?

I have heard about JK's Skyrim LITE https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3l541f/making_jks_cities_lite_what_would_you_like_me_to/