v2.2.9 Development

z929669

The link above works. No readme, but one is for people with Hearhtfire and the other isn't. Just disable all the plugins I listed and you are good to go. It will get a release with the next STEP version, but it is such a small plugin that it will work with 2.2.8 if you still have that, just make sure SMIM is up to date.

Ess, thanks a ton for that patch. I'm not using STEP patches (doing a hybrid of STEP/SR:LE but not using all of either) so it's awesome to get some of the functionality and drop a good number of plugins at once. Great stuff!

Hey folks,

Apologies for my laziness - I'm dead tired and I'm just wanting to gear up for the weekend!

I've finally got my PC upgraded and I have a clean install of Skyrim sitting there ready to be played. If I go and get all STEP 2.2.8 on this clean installation of Skyrim, will I have to change much once 2.2.9 is released? Essentially will it just be a matter of adding a few new MODs in and perhaps taking some old ones out? Once I get Skyrim all stable with STEP 2.2.8, I don't think I'm going to want to mess with it too much!

I suppose what I'm asking - and I know you can't go giving a real clear answer on this, but - would I just be better off playing some vanilla Skyrim for now and wait for 2.2.9 to be released or should I go ahead and do the 2.2.8 MOD-out and perhaps stick with that until such time down the track that I want to re-MOD a clean, pristine Skyrim to 2.2.9 or its made known how to easily "upgrade" to STEP 2.2.9?

Does a Skyrim STEP 2.2.8 installation allow itself to be easily upgraded to Skyrim STEP 2.2.9?

Thanks,

Dodgy Bob.

Hey folks,

Apologies for my laziness - I'm dead tired and I'm just wanting to gear up for the weekend!

I've finally got my PC upgraded and I have a clean install of Skyrim sitting there ready to be played. If I go and get all STEP 2.2.8 on this clean installation of Skyrim, will I have to change much once 2.2.9 is released? Essentially will it just be a matter of adding a few new MODs in and perhaps taking some old ones out? Once I get Skyrim all stable with STEP 2.2.8, I don't think I'm going to want to mess with it too much!

I suppose what I'm asking - and I know you can't go giving a real clear answer on this, but - would I just be better off playing some vanilla Skyrim for now and wait for 2.2.9 to be released or should I go ahead and do the 2.2.8 MOD-out and perhaps stick with that until such time down the track that I want to re-MOD a clean, pristine Skyrim to 2.2.9 or its made known how to easily "upgrade" to STEP 2.2.9?

Does a Skyrim STEP 2.2.8 installation allow itself to be easily upgraded to Skyrim STEP 2.2.9?

Thanks,

Dodgy Bob.

Personally I've been using 2.2.9 for (I think) a little over a week now.  If you go to the 2.2.9 Project Page (https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9) and also bear in mind a few tidbits from the change log at (https://wiki.step-project.com/Changelog/2.2.9) and pick up the appropriate patch from the git (https://github.com/EssArrBee/STEP-Patches/tree/master/2.2.9) then you'll be pretty good to go.  For the patch just choose raw and it will download it to your computer.  You can install the regular 2.2.8 patch with Mod Organizer to get the folder and whatnot and just replace the .esp with the 2.2.9 one.  Even with tacking on a few other mods everything is rock solid stable.  I keep an eye on the bottom of the Project Page and change log for when there is an update to the page and just make slight adjustments for whatever was changed.

Now bear in mind that since 2.2.9 isn't finished, I doubt you'll find much support if something doesn't quite work right.  It's going to boil down to whether or not you want the tried and true stable solution or are willing to live with some things that may or may not work 100% right and require some tweaking here and there.  I've noticed no issues with it so far, but I also have a toddler and don't get a lot of play time, so they may be there, I just may not have run into them yet.  I'm definitely not a developer for S.T.E.P. so they may have their own advice for you.  Most developer communities like this will follow the mantra "it'll be done when it's done", but in the meantime, for my own experience, 2.2.9 seems to be operating well enough and when it goes official it shouldn't be much tweaking to get it proper.

Edited by thebadwolf79

As of now, I'd wait on 2.2.9 - the 2.2.9 STEP guide is not even caught up to the newest 2.2.9 patch on github, so if you try to use the STEP Patch and the instructions on the 2.2.9 guide, it won't load.  The 2.2.9 STEP Patch (at least core and extended) requires a master from an optional mod not currently in the guide.  I upgraded to the one on there and it broke my installation.  I've grown tired of tinkering with my installation on my own, not being very savvy with TES5EDIT.  I've not been messing with STEP for the past month, doing other things, waiting for progress to be made.

Another option is to just go ahead and install according to 2.2.9, just not play for a while and check for updates in the meantime (like me).  :)  Then when it is completed you will already have 99% of it ready and installed.

As of now, I'd wait on 2.2.9 - the 2.2.9 STEP guide is not even caught up to the newest 2.2.9 patch on github, so if you try to use the STEP Patch and the instructions on the 2.2.9 guide, it won't load. The 2.2.9 STEP Patch (at least core and extended) requires a master from an optional mod not currently in the guide. I upgraded to the one on there and it broke my installation. I've grown tired of tinkering with my installation on my own, not being very savvy with TES5EDIT. I've not been messing with STEP for the past month, doing other things, waiting for progress to be made.Another option is to just go ahead and install according to 2.2.9, just not play for a while and check for updates in the meantime (like me). :) Then when it is completed you will already have 99% of it ready and installed.

What mod is missing from 2.2.9 guide that is in the patches?

What mod is missing from 2.2.9 guide that is in the patches?

I personally haven't noticed any missing.  The changelog and guide were both updated yesterday and the patch had an issue with a header that was resolved a few days ago, but everything seems to be working just fine.

I'm running 2.2.9 with patches in my testing setup without issue right now; however, just bare in mind that it isn't final and some issues my crop up from time to time. We still have several mods in testing and several other things to work out. Also keep in mind 2.2.9 will transition to LOOT and away from BOSS.